79     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 705     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 611     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to guess that you haven't heard anything implying a rabbit hole of corruption and Russian mafia ties, ala MetroMan?

I suppose if we squint really hard and assume that at least some of the guys who tried to blackmail Ford were in fact the ones with briefcases full of money mentioned in Crazy Town (whose identity I don't think we know, so there's nothing to tell us that they weren't Russian mafia), then it might make sense that charges against Ford are being held up because the OPP wants to charge the mob-types as well.

However, I'm inclined to agree that it's a rabbit hole, myself. It's never made sense to me that there would be any links between Ford and organized crime that could be described as widespread corruption, beyond whatever relationships have stemmed from his drug use.

Another day, another temper tantrum--

reporterdonpeat 8:17pm via iOS
Rob Ford then gets mad and walks away when reporters point out he didn't ask to re-vote "immediately"

BenSpurr 8:23pm via TweetDeck
I asked how he made the mistake. Did he not realize what he was voting on? "You know what, forget it guys."

reporterdonpeat 8:27pm via HootSuite
"That's the end of that conversation" Rob Ford walks away from media.

Last edited:
Apparently opp disagrees with charging Lisi and Fird but not the guys who tried to blackmail Rob with the video. He thinks all should be charged, which makes sense.

This is AWESOME!!! That means the OPP wants to hold EVERYONE'S feet to the fire. This case MUST be HUGE!!!!

Not to mention, why would she risk letting a neighbour know of her issues when apparently the kid was in the car too. Couldn't you just have your kid blow on the breathalyzer for mommy? I don't really buy that story.

Take a look at the urban legend sites. Neighbour/kid blows in the device is an old one.

This wasn't a "hiccup", this was in essence a FUCK YOU ALL to the rest of council, which is his typical response when he doesn't get his way.

I would bet dollars to donuts he got a hasty text from his brother saying "Are you fucking insane, change your vote you fucking goof".

I'll raise you a cupcake and venture that it was his staff in the council chamber monitoring the instant oh-just-wow twitter reaction who gave him the heads up.

Another day, another temper tantrum--

reporterdonpeat 8:17pm via iOS
Rob Ford then gets mad and walks away when reporters point out he didn't ask to re-vote "immediately"

BenSpurr 8:23pm via TweetDeck
I asked how he made the mistake. Did he not realize what he was voting on? "You know what, forget it guys."
[video=vimeo;90814248]http://vimeo.com/90814248[/video]

Apparently opp disagrees with charging Lisi and Fird but not the guys who tried to blackmail Rob with the video. He thinks all should be charged, which makes sense. It's also taking longer to process iPhone/iCloud material because there's so much. Unconfirmed though
I'm confused. When you say "he thinks all should charged" who are you referring to? Giroux?

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 28m

Then Doug Ford got mad about the anti-Ford sit-in, saying there's no other city hall with people camping out at the mayor's office.

And if nothing else, that shows the sit-in is working!

Rob Ford Must Go posted the following questions to the mayor on Twitter. Wouldn't these be effective if put on placards, individually, and paraded in front of news cameras daily, each time RoFo is present? Just putting it out there:

Submitted by Forty Fs on Mon, 2014-03-17 18:16

Forums:
Main Rob Ford Must Go sit-in discussion forum
Hi all --

I've just joined this forum. My handle comes from a Louis CK routine (love Louis CK) but I'm female and I don't look like Louis CK. :) I've been to the sit-in once and hope to come again (when I was there it was very quiet, so I only met Chris and Matt). Mostly I'm on Twitter (@fortyfs), where I've been amusing myself by responding to every tweet from the @TOMayorFord account with a question about his various shades of bad behaviour, alleged, rumoured or confirmed. I started doing this last summer, before the crack video was confirmed, and started up again a couple of weeks ago.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think this is going to accomplish anything concrete. Certainly, no one in Ford's office is ever going to answer any of these questions because of something a random stranger does on Twitter (or at all). I just do it to entertain myself and to remind whoever's tweeting from that account that this stuff matters, that it is NOT forgotten, and maybe to remind the odd Ford National of the same (a girl can dream). I think the sit-in serves a similar purpose -- certainly it would be lovely if it accomplishes more, but I think it's worthwhile to sit there as a constant reminder that Toronto's people are NOT all okay with this gross family and their gross behaviour.

Anyway, Chris Caple suggested I create a thread here to collect the questions I've been asking, so I'm doing that. I usually think the questions up on the fly whenever I see that @TOMayorFord has tweeted again, so some of them are higher quality/more important than others, and I've asked some of them multiple times.

EDIT: I should add that I wouldn't have heard of most of this stuff, maybe any of it, if not for the Toronto media. I'm largely repeating, paraphrasing and compiling questions that our better journalists have asked of the Fords, or thinking of questions based on their articles, and I'm very grateful to those journalists. I'd hate it if my particular choice of slacktivism were taken as a criticism of them, or an attempt to diminish what they do rather than amplify it. They're doing awesome work at City Hall (and taking some pretty vile abuse for it); I'm just trolling.

Below is the current list, as far back as I've been asking consistently, and eliminating the duplicates. I'll add more in edits as I continue to ask questions. Cheers to all!

When was the last time you worked a full work day?
How many times have you driven drunk in the past year?
What do you know about the attack on Fabio Basso that occurred shortly after the "crack video" story broke? Did you order it?
You promised to stop drinking, then lied about having made that promise. Why?
How many times have you purchased illegal drugs in the past three years?
Did you threaten to "put the heat on Dixon" if the crack video was exposed?
Are you going to apologize to Olivia Gondek for making sexual comments about her on national TV?
What substances were you on the night you were asked to leave the Garrison Ball?
Do you think the "average hardworking family man" gets drunk & high at the office & invites co-workers to "go out & get laid"?
Who decided to bring your wife out to face reporters after you made a vulgar and invasive comment about having sex with her?
Did you or Payman Aboodowleh ever provide or sell illegal drugs to players on the football teams you coached?
Why did you try to visit Bruno Bellissimo in jail, after hours?
Did you call a taxi driver a "Paki" and mock his accent, as reported by your staff? Will you be apologizing for that?
What was in the envelopes you exchanged with Sandro Lisi?
When was the last time you purchased illegal drugs?
Why do you refuse to talk to police?
Why did you and Sandro Lisi exchange so many phone calls the day Anthony Smith was killed?
Did Sandro Lisi actually work on your 2010 campaign? If not, you used city-paid staff to lie to the courts.
What were you doing in the staff washroom at the Foggy Dew?
How did you know Anthony Smith?
When do you plan to apologize for calling Justin Trudeau a "fag"?
Is it in fact Elena Basso goading you to make racist and homophobic remarks in the "crack video" or is it someone else?
Did you help orchestrate the prison beating of Scott MacIntyre?
When you told one of your staff "there are people in more trouble than me", what did you mean by that?
Are you or were you in fact paying bills at 15 Windsor Rd., and if so, why?
You've been saying you smoked crack "about a year ago" for months now. What day(s) did that actually happen?
Why didn't you speak to any of the people whose job it is to promote TO's film industry before going on this trip? [i.e. his trip to Hollywood]
When Scott MacIntyre came to your house yelling "you owe me money, your sister owes me money", what was he referring to?
What happened the night you allegedly threatened to take your children out of the country against your wife's will?
Did you, as reported, keep a personal stash of marijuana in your office desk at City Hall?
How did you get to and from Steak Queen on January 20? Did you drive drunk?
How well did you know Anthony Smith, and how well do you know the young men who murdered him?
Why did your wife end up in a police car with bruises & scratches all over her body?
What is your exact relationship with Alana Kindree?
Why did you insist Payman Aboodowleh be allowed to coach teenage football players despite his criminal behaviour?
Why did you decide it was OK for a drug dealer with a history of violence against women to babysit your 8-year-old daughter?
You were charged with assaulting your wife in 2008. What was the situation that led to those charges?
When you said Sandro Lisi was "a great guy & straight as an arrow", how much did you know about his criminal past?
In your 2010 campaign, you promised a new subway would be open in time for the Pan Am Games. Where is it?
Did you, as reported, promise very large raises to any staff member who stayed with you through the crack scandal?
When did you start purchasing drugs from members of the Dixon City Bloods? Was it before or after you "declared war" on gangs?
Do you think being "the best father around" is compatible with spending Family Day weekend getting high on crack?
What do you know about the reasons for Anthony Smith's murder?
Why did you run up the City Hall stairs and elbow a member of the media in the face?
Police gave you an opportunity to see the "crack video." Why did you lie about that?
How many times have your children witnessed "domestic incidents" between you and your wife?
Who was the woman in your office on the night of March 17, 2012, and why did you bring her there?
@cllrainslie was pulled over in May 2013 for drinking & driving. Why did you tell @jimmykimmel it happened "the other night"?
Why did you really hire Dave Price, and who decided that he should be paid nearly twice the going rate for his job?
On Nov 18, 2013, you had a staff member film the public gallery in council chambers. What did you plan to do with the footage?
At the time of your election, did you in fact tell your wife you planned to "get off the pills" but not give up "the blow"?
Did you drive drunk to the Taste of the Danforth festival last year?
How much taxpayer money has been spent to pay city staff to do personal errands for you, the Don Bosco Eagles, and Deco?
You say you love being mayor, so why are you reading the Sun sports section at the [council] meeting today [March 25, 2014] instead of listening?
At the CJPAC event where @ThomsonTO alleges you groped her, she also said you seemed out of it. Were you on drugs that night?
When was your last visit to 15 Windsor Road?
The Star has reported that 911 has been called to your home more than two dozen times. Why?
It has been reported that you like to humiliate departing employees by forcing them to do the "walk of shame." Is that true?
Do you teach your children that it's OK to lie if you're embarrassed and don't want to tell the truth?
#RFMG sit-in participants saw you carrying what looked like LCBO bags into your office at City Hall. Are you drinking at work? If so, why?
Dixon Bloods members said they had photos of you on the "hezza." Have you used heroin since becoming mayor of Toronto?
When do you plan to apologize for calling Chief Bill Blair a "cocksucker"?
Besides Dave Price, how many people have been given City Hall jobs based on their "loyalty" to the Ford family?
Menu

TOB: These questions could be what any Toronto voter needs to know about RF before October's Mayoral election...
I would like to see RF answer all of these in a press conference or debate...or perhaps a deposition...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back