News   Jul 16, 2024
 794     1 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 629     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenSpurr 8:09pm via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford re: mayor's Mandela vote: "No one in this city supports the black community more than Rob Ford. No one. Bottom line. Zing. Done."

"Taft Robinson was the first black student to be enrolled at Logos College in west Texas. They got him for his speed." - Don DeLillo, End Zone.

Another day, another temper tantrum--

reporterdonpeat 8:17pm via iOS
Rob Ford then gets mad and walks away when reporters point out he didn't ask to re-vote "immediately"

BenSpurr 8:23pm via TweetDeck
I asked how he made the mistake. Did he not realize what he was voting on? "You know what, forget it guys."
That's Ford's stock answer when he knows he's been caught

Well, let's just say that when soon after hearing about Renata cutting out for the morning, and Rob showing up for work rattled, and her possible power in bringing it all down, it strikes me as perhaps just a tad coincidental that a number of new, single digit posters pop-up with tales to discredit her. Including the implausible neighbour-for-the-breathalyzer story the contradicts the way the interlock breathalyzer apparently works.

Not saying they are all campaign sock puppets, or telling lies, but I can understand Honest Ed's scepticism.

Just a reminder that the "implausible" neighbour breathalyzer story was recounted from a November post on reddit. Hardly a new story.

Out-of-the woodwork stories from new posters shouldn't come as a surprise when someone posts new details (e.g., that Rob and Renata had a big fight yesterday morning). Safe to assume people lurk before they post, and join when they feel they have something to offer.

I am perhaps too trusting and take things at face value. But I also very much appreciate the polite nature of this forum.
(For example, I do not go to reddit at all as I find it too rude, too aggressive, and people swear too much.)
I think there is a way to deal with people whose motives you suspect, without being rude or a general downer to the thread.
We can question what someone is saying, the subject matter, without attacking the person themselves.
I also find it helpful when people ask things in a direct manner, without being too arcane or secretive even. So much can be misinterpreted on the interwebs, and it helps to write plainly (but politely.)

Clean Toronto Together!

Recap from 2013:

"Mayor Rob Ford is participating in a cleanup at the lakefront Colonel Samuel Smith Park in Etobicoke. The public is invited to attend the event, which takes place between 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., to pitch in." April 20, 2013

"The document provides more details about alleged attempts by Lisi to negotiate the return of Mayor Ford’s cellphone, which he lost at the Basso’s Windsor Road home on April 20, 2013." Rob Ford’s communications with former driver ‘indicative to that of drug trafficking’: court documents

"Having a clean city is very important," Ford told CP24 reporter Jackie Crandles.

Thanks Jude for the trip down memory lane! The CP24 is awesome - Ford is so clearly exhausted and not wanting to talk to media. But he's amazing - even after a night of smoking crack and no sleep, he's able to hit his key messages like a pro.

I believe this Dissent piece has been posted before. The article was brought up yesterday in a reasonably interesting Metafilter thread on Rob Ford.

Sample Quote:

I can't read anything about Rob Ford today because it is IMPOSSIBLE to differentiate his actual antics from an April Fools joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back