4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The usage of stock photos is relevant because you claimed you could pull off the signs for the cost of a round or something like that. The rights usage fees for stock photos would be fairly significant. Unless you meant you were going to use them illegally.

OK - I withdraw my "stock photos" bit; that was poorly thought-out on my part. No, I wouldn't use the work of others without appropriate licensing/permission. Perhaps - in my increasingly-dull hypothetical scenario - I already have a royalty-free license to use those images for various purposes.

So, yep: please replace "stock photo" in my prior posts with "appropriately-licensed photographic image of a human face, perhaps Creative Commons to keep the cost down". Hopefully that addresses your point.

...and I never claimed I could pull off the signs for the cost of a round. I said you could print a poster for the cost of a round. Not at all the same thing.

Sheesh - I'm even boring myself, and this is heading off-topic (my fault) so this is the last I'll post on this.

Sorry to be more clear: He called her a "crackhead". Renata and Rob met smoking crack.

I don't remember ever hearing anything like that before, although as always I may be wrong. Also, it doesn't line up with other theories that Ford started in on the crack after the death of Doug Sr., although of course that's a rumour too, even if it was in the meticulously-researched Crazy Town.

You probably won't get any "you heard it here first" information from me

Rob & Renata met smoking crack? Sounds like I heard that here first. Not sure I buy it, though.

Last edited:
Whether or not she used before she met Rob, she would have been introduced pretty quickly to the coke and booze lifestyle that Rob was living prior to their marriage. She probably can't get herself out of this circle of hell she's created with Rob, so she keeps using to cope.
Personally, I can't imagine living with Rob and not using something to numb the pain.

OK - I withdraw my "stock photos" bit; that was poorly thought-out on my part. No, I wouldn't use the work of others without appropriate licensing/permission. Perhaps - in my increasingly-dull hypothetical scenario - I already have a royalty-free license to use those images for various purposes.

So, yep: please replace "stock photo" in my prior posts with "appropriately-licensed photographic image of a human face, perhaps Creative Commons to keep the cost down". Hopefully that addresses your point.

...and I never claimed I could pull off the signs for the cost of a round. I said you could print a poster for the cost of a round. Not at all the same thing.

Sheesh - I'm even boring myself, and this is heading off-topic (my fault) so this is the last I'll post on this.
Hey, stop apologizing for being Irish. This thread isn't about being perfectly accurate.

It's about civic duty, curiosity, decency, humor and a wee bit of rage.

So let's all groove with Peter Noone.

[video=youtube;FFvXvfUF-Co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFvXvfUF-Co[/video]

I don't remember ever hearing anything like that before, although as always I may be wrong. Also, it doesn't line up with other theories that Ford started in on the crack after the death of Doug Sr., although of course that's a rumour too, even if it was in the meticulously-researched Crazy Town.

Rob & Renata met smoking crack? Sounds like I heard that here first. Not sure I buy it, though.

They both could have tried it a long time ago. Certainly Ford ran in druggie circles, and would have been exposed to it. Perhaps Ford didn't start using it heavily until after his dad died, due to not processing his grief in a healthy way.

To those who are losing hope re: arrest. Jimmi T also said he had heard arrest rumours for this week. So let's give it a couple of days.
If nothing has happened by then, we can all go down to the AG office and protest.

The problem I have in taking everything that is said to me is that they are "friends" and if Rob says the sky is purple, I am sure he takes it at face value. I don't however. I don't think it is deliberate lying just that he doesn't question much of what is said to him. If it is blind loyalty or an inability to use critical thinking skills, I really can't figure it out. That's all I am saying. And yes, the drinking I have heard of before. The pills and crack, not really. So that is a first for me too.

They both could have tried it a long time ago. Certainly Ford ran in druggie circles, and would have been exposed to it. Perhaps Ford didn't start using it heavily until after his dad died, due to not processing his grief in a healthy way.

To those who are losing hope re: arrest. Jimmi T also said he had heard arrest rumours for this week. So let's give it a couple of days.
If nothing has happened by then, we can all go down to the AG office and protest.

I thought Jimmi Ts theory was based on a supposed link to the Nguyen case, and since nothing materialized we are left again, with ...nothing. So. Discouraged.

Very well said, Notshocking. An excellent summary indeed.

As for this latest round of discussion about Renata, I don't see why there's so much scepticism. It's pretty much an accepted fact that she's as much of a drunk as her darling hubby, isn't it?

I thought Jimmi Ts theory was based on a supposed link to the Nguyen case, and since nothing materialized we are left again, with ...nothing. So. Discouraged.

No, he's been saying this week for a while, before the Nguyen speculation.

Also discouraged over here.

Whether or not she used before she met Rob, she would have been introduced pretty quickly to the coke and booze lifestyle that Rob was living prior to their marriage. She probably can't get herself out of this circle of hell she's created with Rob, so she keeps using to cope.
Personally, I can't imagine living with Rob and not using something to numb the pain.
Renata is the classic wife that goes running to the shelter of the mother's little helpers.

She was 30 when she married the clown though. After all, what woman wouldn't want to marry Rob Ford.

Wow, lots of new people have a religious belief about Renata being a drunk.

Why, I never...don't that beat all.

You're welcome to believe what you want, but everyone started new at some point to UT. Would I have seemed more legit if I had opened with some photoshopped Ford pics and youtube videos first?

I was just trying to share what little I had since it's been slow lately, and leanin was providing similar info that you were also doubting.

The latest story making the rounds (not sure if it's true) is that the new OPP commish is unhappy with parts of the investigation, which has caused a delay. Toronto police were hoping OPP would just rubber stamp things when they were ready to go.

Uh oh.

I'm leaning more to wishful thinking on MM's part too. The whole "the Russian mafia are involved that's why it's taking so long" thing just doesn't ring true, especially since the only evidence for that seems to be that Ford's lawyer was once lawyer for some other drug-dealing criminals over 15 years ago.

I don't know where this "Rofo gets a handjob" video thing is coming from either - the Gawker and Star reporters would have been sure to mention that if they'd seen it, and the only other "second video" thing I've seen anywhere was when the police said it was a shorter version of the crack vid. There's far too much rumour and not enough actual credible evidence / witnesses of these things for me, unlike with the crack video itself.

Renata is the drunken crackhead now?

Really?

Hey, the Ford campaign deserves kudos if you believe that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back