31     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 696     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 607     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote Thug, "It's not about truth". It's about perception. Note in the crack video, Slob is quoted as calling Justin Trudeau a fag. As far as I can tell, Justin is 100% hetero. But he does have a gay-sounding voice. That's good enough for Ford Nation, it's not about Truth.

Clicking through the poster's other instagram images, it looks similar to the background in his pic:

http://instagram.com/p/lT29valdxk/

Hah, not really. It looks a lot like Steak Queen though. The tables, red chairs, plants and ATM sign are in both the video and this image:

20140121-Ford-Lisi-Alt.jpg

Doubt it. They could be just trolling him in the hopes of more chat show mentions and thus generate more views of their version of "Great White North" Then again, that seems too clever.

I've said it a couple of times but as long as it keeps getting more obvious I'll keep saying it :)

This is entirely about getting web hits for "Kevin Spacey" as surely as if they called their Youtube video "There is no Rob Ford Sex Tape."

Rob is running for mayor and his campaign has done nothing. The campaign IS these videos and his entire role in this video is to laugh, bumble and admit he doesn't even really know what his campaign manager is talking about. This is about landing a reality show or extending his celebrity brand. It's got nothing, really, to do with Kevin Spacey and far less to do with Toronto.

(Also - Rob is going pretty hard into the black-on-black thing, eh?)

Doubt it. They could be just trolling him in the hopes of more chat show mentions and thus generate more views of their version of "Great White North" Then again, that seems too clever.

All they were doing was some childish trash talking to "get back" at Kevin Spacey for the vomit comment. Thinking that it was anything more than that is giving the Fords too much credit.

oh c'mon relax. Are you familiar with the concept of gaydar? When 90% of gay people believe someone to be gay, the chances of them being gay are like 90%.

The speculation around his sexuality doesn't exclusively come from the supermarket tabloids, it largely comes from the gay community.

Yeah, show me the data saying 90% of people independently (i.e.; free of influence from rumour, tabloid or otherwise) that believe Kevin Spacey is gay and I'll consider it. In addition, throw in any proof that it's "largely from the gay community".

Never having been photographed or seen walking a dog does not make me a cat person. The fact that Spacey has gotten quite angry at and refusing to answer questions as to whether he's gay also does not make him gay.

oh c'mon relax. Are you familiar with the concept of gaydar? When 90% of gay people believe someone to be gay, the chances of them being gay are like 90%.

I can't even begin to describe what's wrong with this statement. Let me try anyhow.
1.) You can't tell just by looking at someone if they are gay.
2.) 90% of gay people? Really? Does anyone know enough gay people to make a statement like this? Are there studies which have shown that 90% of gay people have this 6th sense? Or is this just an argument that sounds logical which is a fib to make the claim of gaydar seem more real?
3.) Have you ever been to a gay bar? Or any gathering where there are lots of gay people? It's not all flaming queens. There are people that you would never suspect.

Gaydar is just something people say to support an idea that they have knowledge that someone else does not.

You don't care when more comes out of your pocket and you don't know how it's being used?

He, the urban dreamer, could care less about such petty concerns. He's only interested in taking credit for obvious, trite catch-phrases, and designing next-level fantasy environments. Your mortal plane holds little appeal.

Hah, not really. It looks a lot like Steak Queen though. The tables, red chairs, plants and ATM sign are in both the video and this image:

20140121-Ford-Lisi-Alt.jpg

Definitely not Steak Queen - no cafe curtains at Steak Queen. The place looks familiar but can't quite place it. Definitely been there during one of my deadline writing stupors.

"Spacey joins a curious cornucopia of Ford Nation enemies which includes, but is not limited to: Police Chief Bill Blair, the Toronto Star (but especially reporter Daniel Dale), Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly, most of Toronto city council (but especially Councillor Adam Vaughan), Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau, his estranged brother-in-law, Twitter, bicyclists, This Hour has 22 Minutes, and cellphones that can shoot video."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...new-political-target-hollywoods-kevin-spacey/

Jimmy Kimmel's going to be on that list soon too, when he either bails, or skewers them on their own little video show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back