165     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 751     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 621     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how this sort of thing works, but is it possible that Jimmy, if he does appear, may demand the Fords show his visit as "complete and uncut"? ie: That they not edit his interview to suit their message?

No, what'll probably happen is, Jimmy will do his little Skype appearance, totally eviscerate the Ford's to their faces (like he did with Jay Leno on The Tonight Show), but in a subtle way so that they don't realize what happened until it's over. Then, after it's been pointed out to them that they were being mocked the whole time, they won't show the interview, but will blast Kimmel on air (or on internet) for sticking a knife in their backs.

Ford cropped out of pic on Kelly's facebook page :p

1658592_1475498475998237_220183235_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1475498475998237

Doug has always assured us that Rob's a Huge Social Liberal, but who ever suspected he'd end up so far left that he was out of the frame?

kevinsp8 said:
To quote Thug, "It's not about truth". It's about perception. Note in the crack video, Slob is quoted as calling Justin Trudeau a fag. As far as I can tell, Justin is 100% hetero. But he does have a gay-sounding voice. That's good enough for Ford Nation, it's not about Truth.
I've heard people say that about Justin Trudeau before and for me it's a head scratcher. Why do they think he sounds gay? Is it because he articulates words and doesn't throw in "eh" and "like" or "ummm" and "uhhh" every other word? Has our society sunk so low that we think the boorishness displayed by the Fords is "average hetero guy" and someone who is just a hair more refined is "gay"?

I don't even think of Justin Trudeau as being particularly cultured. His father spoke very eloquently as did most people of that generation but Justin just sounds like someone who grew up in his generation sans the Jackass sensibility.

Thanks for articulating that so well.

For the record, I have gay friends who have "straight-sounding voices".

I've been emailing back and forth with a friend about the you tube episodes from today. I told him I was glad Spacey refused to have his picture taken with these clowns and that more people need to do this because Rob takes it as validation of his supposed greatness. I told him that once Rob loses the election, he is going to have a huge crash because he's done nothing but politics (in his own way) the past 14 years and knows of nothing else. My friend thinks he would get hired by a radio or tv station in the US, something I disagree with due to his 10 word vocabulary, then he says Rob and Doug should go on the Amazing Race Canada! As much as I love that show and would hate to see them on it, I think it would be absolutely hilarious to see the two of them barreling through tasks. I can also see all the other teams staying as far away from them as possible.

He seems totally out to lunch in all three videos. Doug does almost all the talking. If you showed that to someone with no knowledge of the situation and asked them to guess which guy was the mayor, nobody would ever guess Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back