143     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 305     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 735     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: how drunk will Ford get on St. Patrick's Day?
a. Just a few pops in the basement
b. A few drinks with some thugs, er, friends.
c. Drunk enough to grope, not too drunk to drive
d. Drunken stupor

Obviously it's all speculation and hypothesis. I'm interested to hear their take on why the OPP would want to attach themselves to this case if it were a go-nowhere proposition, or a case with only minor charges facing Ford.

As far as has been reported, Blair was under no legal obligation to pass off the investigation of Ford, and it also hasn't been shown that the OPP was obligated to take the case on Blair's request. The decision to pass off oversight in a very public fashion seems to be based on political prerogatives.

I'm surmising that Blair's motivation was to shut down insinuations of bias and conspiracy. If he were doing so merely for the sake of his own reputation, I'm still at a loss to understand why the OPP would be so charitable as to expose themselves to the shit-storm that would result. What's the political advantage for the OPP, and the province at large, for attaching themselves to such a high profile failure?

That's what I mean - they all agree that the OPP wouldn't take on a failure. So the fact that they took it on is a sign that a good case has been built, and significant charges are coming.

Question: how drunk will Ford get on St. Patrick's Day?
a. Just a few pops in the basement
b. A few drinks with some thugs, er, friends.
c. Drunk enough to grope, not too drunk to drive
d. Drunken stupor

I'm predicting that he will for sure be at a club/bar that night, however one of his handlers will keep him in check. Multiple Selfies are a lock.

Then he will go home, and come into the office around two thirty the next day, with no explanation as to his whereabouts in between.

Question: Does anybody know how Rob and Doug get paid via the family business? I wonder if it's by dividend, which would entitle them to a "gross up" that would reduce their tax burden compared to the rest of us who pay income tax. Just asking on behalf of someone who once paid market rent on a co-op apartment.

What I'm less concerned about is being "paid" by the family busines...that is simple any renumeration could go into trust for whatever length they are in government...by the same token they could draw a salary I believe there is nothing in CoTA or the Municipal Act that precludes that, just make sure to declare "Conflict of Interest" whenever necessary
What I'm wondering about is "expenses" seeing that neither seek recompense from the City for Office or travel for the mostpart. Is Deco covering them on lets say their travel expenses and if so is Deco writing those expenses off as "Cost to do Business"? If that is the case there could be some interesting ramifications from other quarters.....

Looks like a new batch of YouTube videos were released by Ford this morning. Don Peat is tweeting about them... Lots of dissing Kevin Spacey. As I can't bring myself to actually watch them, I sincerely appreciate the recaps.

On top of the stale celebrity cheese, because Kevin Spacey is crucial to Toronto's future, there's this lame attempt to sue:

ddale8 9:03am via Twitter for iPhone
Campaign video: Doug Ford says he'd sue "ass" off of TMZ for its cabana report if he wasn't filming campaign video.

And this laughable, probably prophetic sign-off...

reporterdonpeat 8:54am via HootSuite
Mayor Rob Ford starts singing the COPS theme song in the last 5 seconds of this video.

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

Last edited:
Forget Olivia Chow or John Tory. This election is all about... Kevin Spacey???

ddale8 9:07am via Web
Doug Ford devoted a substantial chunk of the latest "Ford Nation" campaign video to attacking actor Kevin Spacey. Quote to follow.

ddale8 9:06am via Web
Doug Ford on Kevin Spacey: "In my opinion, he's an arrogant S.O.B."

ddale8 9:08am via Web
"Who does this character think he is?! He thinks he's God?!...You know, Kevin, why don't you get off your high horse and be real?"

ddale8 9:05am via Web
Rob Ford on Kevin Spacey: "I don't watch movies, so - I wouldn't know him if I ran him over."

Last edited:
my head hurts...D Ford...."Cisco is not coming to town because of the Premier or the Deputy Mayor"....."This adminstration has made the climate for companies to come to town"..Really? the 220M in Povincial grants over 6 years was not incentive...Come on D Ford pick fights you can win....

Last edited:
I don't watch movies, but when I'm in one of my driving stupors, I could run people down and be so blitzed that I wouldn't know who I ran over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back