559     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 646     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the CP24 interview and he didn't say a single original thing, other than that they were putting a coat of paint on the Scarborough office and soon would be opening an Etobicoke office.

There was no signs of life at the Scarborough office this afternoon. Didn't look any closer to opening that it had 2 weeks ago.

When you get a check from the Government to pay for your living expenses, that's a subsidy (which clearly is indicated). How they got that check in the first place, and why they kept receiving it is a mystery and should be the issue.

Just because you pay 'lowered market price' in one hand, but receive a subsidy check in the other, the net effect is paying lower then market rent. Even though you are technically paying 'market' rent from your checkbook.

It's like saying you paid full price for your computer (housing), but fail to mention that you got a rebate after (Taxpayer Check). Worsened by the fact that they were both government paid individuals.

How people cannot connect that is pretty mind boggling. Them paying 'up' $325 to cover that subsidy is hard evidence.

What's funny is, people denying and justifying this double dipping getting the same treatment from Ford when trying to give his Crack explanation "you didn't ask the right questions". lol.

Can you provide a reliable link about this check? I've read numerous articles and have not previously encountered this claim.

There was no signs of life at the Scarborough office this afternoon. Didn't look any closer to opening that it had 2 weeks ago.

To be fair, he's already announced his platform:

"I'm putting in subways on Sheppard ... I'm going to put them along Finch, I'm putting them downtown ... it is going to be done"

That's right, you heard him. He is doing it. Himself. Digging each and every hole. Alone. And then he is going to return a phone call.

When you get a check from the Government to pay for your living expenses, that's a subsidy (which clearly is indicated). How they got that check in the first place, and why they kept receiving it is a mystery and should be the issue.

Except for the fact that Jack and Olivia didn't "get a cheque from the government to pay for their living expenses".

Bottom line is if you're following the rules you're not doing anything improper. Co-ops that have market rent units are by definition available to anybody of any income that wants to live there. It's not "cheating" or "double dipping"... it's just how they work.

Quick question - are people that have CHMC insured mortgages also "double dipping"? Or are they just following the rules as they were designed?

I earn a decent living. Own some stocks. Every year at tax time I claim my capital gains at a significantly improved tax rate compared to the poor schmuck that pays tax on his employment income. Am I cheating the tax payer? Or just following the rules?

Are you saying he LIED???? Impossible!

LOL, maybe the painters were between coats? Off for a coupla pops is how to watch the paint dry!
Do we even know that Robbie himself (not the webmaster) knows where the Scarborough office actually is? Doug has been seen there, but seems to be March breaking in FL (are any of his kids still in high school?)

Can you provide a reliable link about this check? I've read numerous articles and have not previously encountered this claim.

No of course he can't because it didn't happen. He's referring to a cheque in an abstract sense. For example - a co-op's mandate is to provide some portion of their units as geared to income (and the rest at market rent). In return they (the co-op) get a government subsidy of some kind. So the argument is that the people paying "market rent" paid a lower rent due to those subsidies. So therefore Jack got a "cheque". See how dishonest this smear is? In reality the co-ops couldn't function without those people of regular income paying market rent.

When I get on the tax subsidized TTC I'm apparently "getting a cheque from the taxpayer" and thus cheating the system using this logic.

Last edited:

Just because you pay 'lowered market price' in one hand, but receive a subsidy check in the other, the net effect is paying lower then market rent. Even though you are technically paying 'market' rent from your checkbook.

It's like saying you paid full price for your computer (housing), but fail to mention that you got a rebate after (Taxpayer Check). Worsened by the fact that they were both government paid individuals.

How people cannot connect that is pretty mind boggling. Them paying 'up' $325 to cover that subsidy is hard evidence.

What's funny is, people denying and justifying this double dipping getting the same treatment from Ford when trying to give his Crack explanation "you didn't ask the right questions". lol.

This is utter nonsense.

They were in a co-op unit that was designed "market rate" by that co-op. Same as 70% of the units. They paid the fair rate charged by the co-op -- NOT the subsidized rate -- and there was no mystery cheque.

The extra $325 they paid for the last few months was voluntary and unnecessary, not least because it gives people like you the chance to muddy the waters and make up false claims.

First I've heard about this subsidy check. Sounds a little bullshit-ty, unless it's something every councillor received. This sort of sounds like right wing conspiracy nonsense, Mr. Five-Posts.

Just because you expressed it in a totally garbled and convoluted way doesn't make this anything but the same old lie.

First I've heard about this subsidy check. Sounds a little bullshit-ty, unless it's something every councillor received. This sort of sounds like right wing conspiracy nonsense, Mr. Five-Posts.

I'm pretty sure his ridiculous argument refers to an abstract cheque with the wording chosen to make it more inflammatory.

So for example Jack Layton got a subsidy cheque in the same way that I get one when I walk through Riverdale Farm for free and stare at the cows. Or when I ride the TTC even though I can afford to drive. Both nonsense statements of course.

Three pages of Rob Ford`s wedding ring. Awesome.

Hey, maybe we can get ten pages chewing you out for not realizing that the discussion was about the nonexistence of said ring, plus a few more about, hey, don't you know the diff between an apostrophe and a backquote?

Everybody wants that! (*)

(*) Nobody wants that.

But just about every poster to this thread has been driven around the bend by these facts: RoFo currently holds some sort of ill-defined elected office, however constrained by City Council; RoFo is running for reelection as mayor, and many humans whose last name is not Ford think that's a good idea; if, unfathomably, he's reelected, the whole concept of Toronto as a flawed-but-still-great city becomes deeply questionable to many citizens. Plus, not a fact, but an opinion many of us hold: RoFo is criminal as hell and if he skates, it's just wrong. So, I think it's understandable that every tiny thing potentially wrong with RoFo gets a lengthy airing here, relevant to the big picture or not.

CalgarianExOntarian;835371]Hey, maybe we can get ten pages chewing you out for not realizing that the discussion was about the nonexistence of said ring, plus a few more about, hey, don't you know the diff between an apostrophe and a backquote?

Everybody wants that! (*)

(*) Nobody wants that.

Part 3 --
In July Khattak, Kassim and Farah are out on bail, leaving the real players still in jail: Siad Mohamed, Siyandin Abdi, Abdi Harun, Liban Siyad, Hanad Mohammed, and Nisar Hashimi (admitted killer of Anthony Smith, received a sweetheart deal). Rumours existed that there was a version of the crack video in existence in Alberta.

So far three people have been shot, one fatally. Two people stabbed. Connecters: Alexandro Lisi, Rob Ford, the Bassos, and proximity to the gangland and their drugs.

The aforementioned guys are still in police custody. Rumours suggest that the police have viewed the video in August.

Sorry. Back to your ring and my apostrophe and backquote.

Last edited by a moderator:
CalgarianExOntarian;835371]Part 3 --
In July Khattak, Kassim and Farah are out on bail, leaving the real players still in jail: Siad Mohamed, Siyandin Abdi, Abdi Harun, Liban Siyad, Hanad Mohammed, and Nisar Hashimi (admitted killer of Anthony Smith, received a sweetheart deal). Rumours existed that there was a version of the crack video in existence in Alberta.

So far three people have been shot, one fatally. Two people stabbed. Connecters: Alexandro Lisi, Rob Ford, the Bassos, and proximity to the gangland and their drugs.

The aforementioned guys are still in police custody. Rumours suggest that the police have viewed the video in August.

Sorry. Back to your ring and my apostrophe and backquote.

Honestly, sorry for the twisty-turny sarcasm at the beginning of my earlier post. I meant to be sympathetic to your point of view while also being understanding about the wedding-ring posts.

To be completely sincere about my opinions: (1) It's depressing and scary that Rob Ford's political influence is greater than zero, even if, as I hope, it's way less than enough to prevent electoral humiliation in October; (2) the smoke regarding Rob Ford's participation in or at least knowledge of serious crimes is thick and choking; (3) the guy just pisses everybody off so hard that most of us want to jab another pin in our RoFo voodoo doll every chance we get even when we know it won't do anything useful.

Question: Does anybody know how Rob and Doug get paid via the family business? I wonder if it's by dividend, which would entitle them to a "gross up" that would reduce their tax burden compared to the rest of us who pay income tax. Just asking on behalf of someone who once paid market rent on a co-op apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back