140     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 302     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 733     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
it'd be a bit of a pointless account even just for a farce, since anyone who follows an account like that probably follows other City Hall reporters too and it'll just be old news.

The feed puts each tweet into one feed, making it easier to indicate a pattern that can she be shown to people who still support Ford.

For those keeping track, Ford has left the building. That is all. :cool:

3 hours! My kind of work day! I'll do that for no bennys and half his pay, still have enough time to earn another full salary on the side.

edit: In fact, if he really wants to cut the gravy, he'll take me up on this gracious offer.

Last edited:
3 hours! My kind of work day! I'll do that for no bennys and half his pay, still have enough time to earn another full salary on the side.

edit: In fact, if he really wants to cut the gravy, he'll take me up on this gracious offer.

Sorry - when you said "bennys" in a sentence about Ford, I misunderstood your meaning at first.

I just believe that hourly posts are overkill.

Sorry, but I disagree. I think that nothing will drive home the fact that Ford never works more than seeing strings of hourly tweets that say "Is Ford at work yet? No." Especially in a format like Twitter made for quick, sometimes satirical soundbytes.

I'll follow the account, either way.

By the way, assuming 3 hours per day for 5 days a week for 50 weeks a year (2 weeks of holiday), that's about $233/hr. To be fair he does stay for some long council meetings, and there are days he doesn't come in at all, so it works out. If he worked a full 8 hours for 50 weeks, that's about $87/hr. Are we getting our money's worth? Of course his defence will be that his work involves more than just being at City Hall, but it's an interesting barometer. If you scale the other councillors' salaries up to his level and then do the same calculation, I don't think you'll find anyone who has more gravy in their salary than our Dear Mayor. But that is just speculation, no way I'm going to track down all that data.

I think a Ford work-record or tracker site would be amusing ("His staff doesn't know where he is, do you?")

Was the Chinese delegation meeting (and I'm betting they felt like they were looking at a zoo animal considering his press) this am or is that what his 3 hours of work were?

Oh, by the way, if anyone is serious about this little project... IsRobFordAtWork.ca is available. Would take literally 10 minutes of work to have it display the most recent tweet from the proposed account.

In the late 1970's ( or early 1980's? ), a friend of mine with a Line of Duty Injury ( LODI ) was re-deployed as the Metro Chairman's chauffeur ( that was the official Job Title - I remember seeing the Job Call on the bulletin board at our station. ) as the previous chauffeur was about to retire. I still remember the licence plate MET 001. It was a big Mercury Grand Marquis.

My friend the former paramedic, now chauffeur, had to keep a little log book detailing wherever and whenever MET 001 moved. The log book is likely in the Spadina Archives.( Now it would likely have a GPS record. )
All times and locations had to be documented for the record. He showed me, and needless to say, I was impressed.

There was no mystery - and no B.S..

Last edited:
I think a Ford work-record or tracker site would be amusing ("His staff doesn't know where he is, do you?")

Was the Chinese delegation meeting (and I'm betting they felt like they were looking at a zoo animal considering his press) this am or is that what his 3 hours of work were?

He also taped his newest version of Ford Nation today, on our dime.

In Doolittle's book I couldn't help but notice that there was no mention of any rehab stints in Florida. She went down there to do research and all she got was an interview with the cop that couldn't remember pulling Ford over. There was talk here that he had spent time in rehab down there. Was it just a rumour? Or was Doolittle unsuccessful in finding info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back