44     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 239     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 996     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. You can't really expect kids not to hear about this sort of thing or not to have questions. Except the Ford kids.

i bet the ford kids are hearing things. makes me think of a scene from house of cards... the son and daughter of a congressman (who are only a little older than ford's) with a drug past mention that kids at school call them crack babies, and that they looked up what that was online. wonder how stephanie and dougie are handling things like that...

We made the dead girl/live boy joke, but just laughed it off. He doesn't know the specifics, but seemed to believe that it was to do with misuse of the office...now how big or small that might be, who knows.

I'm betting it's the envelopes and a certain city contract Ford lauds as his signature achievement.

The numerous new warrants taken out on Ford are consistent with the statements that my TPS and attorney sources say that the Police are now gathering evidence to support the timeline of events that lead to crimes they know have been committed. They know where to look. At this point, they're making their case air tight so that it comes with a 100% conviction guarantee. It's happening.

ron-paul.gif

The numerous new warrants taken out on Ford are consistent with the statements that my TPS and attorney sources say that the Police are now gathering evidence to support the timeline of events that lead to crimes they know have been committed. They know where to look. At this point, they're making their case air tight so that it comes with a 100% conviction guarantee. It's happening.

and it sounds juicy...

The list doesn’t specify the ownership of the cellphones nor the computer. The unsealed documents themselves are only available to provincial and federal crown attorneys for now, so they can make any necessary redactions.

[...]

The most recent authorizations were four “production orders†for Bell, Rogers, Telus and Wind were granted on Jan. 14, 2014.

“The federal crown has been very cooperative throughout this process,†said the National Post‘s lawyer Peter Jacobsen. “That list…includes stuff we had no idea was in there.â€

Media lawyers will be back in court March 5 to argue for public release of the search warrants.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...r-seven-cellphones-in-rob-ford-investigation/

doesn't helping tory kinda help ford? as in, the more people in the race, the lower the percentage of votes needed to win.

he still sounds like a ford (from the link above)...

Last summer, Mr. Kouvalis was telling people he would neither work for Mr. Ford in 2014 nor join a rival campaign. But by the fall, Mr. Kouvalis was meeting with Tory supporters.

I keep hoping he'll set foot in a bar where he's really unwelcome. It'll be part of a soul-searching crosstown odyssey, looking to connect with the electorate - like that time he rode the subway after losing a vote, only this time he'll get lost. He'll show up alone, drunk and high, start running his mouth off à la ACC 2006 ... and someone from Downtown Latte Elite Pinko Nation will just deck him.

Reminiscent of John Cheever's short story "The Swimmer." Only replace all the swimming pools with pubs.

There are surely ways to achieve this without the damaging "optics". Bring your child to city hall, teach him or her about city hall processes, answer any questions they may have about Rob Ford, encourage them to write emails and talk with members of council, have them sit in on council meetings. None of these things have the same appearance problems as a sit in with their parents. If the kid was old enough, then even encourage them to take part in protests and sit ins by themselves.

Normally, I'm less concerned about this sort of thing, but Ford and his team have been taking advantage of every "optics" mistakes the left have made and turned them against us. (The death threat the other day, for example)

Rob Ford isn't nearly of an embarasment to our city than his support numbers are.

Sir - answer the question asked. Do you have children of your own?

Reminiscent of John Cheever's short story "The Swimmer." Only replace all the swimming pools with pubs.

Ha! I love that story/film. That would be an interesting adaptation to have Ford in the role...maybe perhaps with a twist of Soderbergh's "Kafka" to portray the media. Work it into Crazy Town in some way, and Bob's your uncle.

Inglewood Mayor the Next Rob Ford?

James T. Butts. [...] gained his seat during a questionable election that required a run-off after the Inglewood city clerk and the LA County District Attorney investigated the mayor’s residential requirements, Butts has admitted on video to being “on drugs,” has had “domestic incidents” as reported by the LA Times, has been videotaped a number of times exhibiting bizarre behavior and has been absent from situations involving residents in mortal danger and his staff did not know where he was.

http://www.citywatchla.com/8br-hidden/6432-inglewood-mayor-the-next-rob-ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back