2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 564     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Twitterverse is alive with the rumour that Ford was at 3030 Dundas West last night...
Might explain his sudden 'illness'?

For what it's worth...I live in the area of 3030 and spoke to someone who was there last night. Confirmed that an obviously inebriated RoFo was also there. Don't understand why no twitter photos??

For what it's worth...I live in the area of 3030 and spoke to someone who was there last night. Confirmed that an obviously inebriated RoFo was also there. Don't understand why no twitter photos??

Is it possible that people are starting to be tired of this? Probably not. Even if Ford was old news, people take pictures of their food in restaurants, which I'll never understand, so it is odd that no photos of him have emerged (yet).

Look, if Rob wasn't at work and his staff couldn't even be bothered to make up some "visiting constituents" BS, I'm guessing is was a Category 5 shit storm.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but if I never see another image of that wasteman I'll be very pleased. Maybe there are others out there that would agree with me...and they had to see him in person. As Archer said, "Can the mind vomit?"

So here I am in San Francisco for a while, reading these comments. Toronto is being tarnished by the homophobic dickweeds, the Fords, internationally. This is so sad. I'm tempted to just stay in SF.

So here I am in San Francisco for a while, reading these comments. Toronto is being tarnished by the homophobic dickweeds, the Fords, internationally. This is so sad. I'm tempted to just stay in SF.

Half of SF will be here for World Pride anyway, so let me know how that works out for you.

Tangential to the Fords, check out the Google doodle

The lack of selfies is...uncharacteristic. But, Hey, Jake, it's the Junction.

O/T, I once knew a Michael Paul. He was a great writer and cartoonist (in the New Yorker style). Sadly, he's gone. Nice to see the name lives on.

The most likely reason why we haven't seen any pics or video of Ford at 3030 is that he just wasn't there. There's one person at the Sun making a (repeated) fuss about it and one brand new person here making the same claim. You'd think Ford's middle name was "fetch".

The other possibility is that he was there and (almost) everyone who saw him is too embarrassed to let the world know that Ford hangs out in our neighbourhood. I know that I'm already scouting for a paper bag to put over my head.

You hit the nail on the head. Sadly enough all this is true. Ford supporters should not be allowed to procreate. It's the wort possible thing that could happen to our gene pool.

Though if you were to boil things down to the I Hate The War bunch, they're mostly post-menopausal crazy ladies or guys on bad date lists: those sorts...

Hahahahahah, classic.

I also have to keep reminding people, jaywalking isn't illegal in Toronto (mostly). You can walk down a street or cross mid-block if you want to, what's illegal is crossing at a controlled intersection when you don't have the right of way ('running a red' on foot) or obstructing traffic. Neither of which can occur when intersections and roads are closed down...

Though (and also keeping in mind the suburban Burquitlam context), some jurisdictions in Toronto are stickier than others--North York Centre in particular, perhaps as spillover from the Mel era. (That's why you see many more pedestrians who actually stop at red no matter what up there.)

I wonder if, when Doug Ford talks about children and the Pride Parade, he is reminded of the time one of his daughters called him a "fucking faggot" in front of her elementary school teacher.

Oh yes she did.

Was this in Crazy Town?

Wow. What the heck is with him?! (Obviously I believe you.) Can't he hold off for one night? If not, can't he stay home and get tanked? If not, can't he go somewhere age-appropriate?!

Just...gross.

Part of it has to do with him being the only one Ford will contact when there is a story. Another other part is probably a hatred for The Star.

One day the Sun will change Tack and the worm might need to jump to another sailing ship... he'd be best to make friends...

Wow. What the heck is with him?! (Obviously I believe you.) Can't he hold off for one night? If not, can't he stay home and get tanked? If not, can't he go somewhere age-appropriate?!

Just...gross.

Perhaps a lot of the headlines that are being alleged are true.... maybe many more than just "a lot". Has the GREAT melt down already begun???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back