353     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 490     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to see them go down, I really don't care what for so long as it sticks. I expect they are guilty of, either directly or indirectly, all of the above (and who knows what else).

Death by a thousand cuts... which is poetic justice due to the Fords' flavour of governance.

Jail or not, destroying the voter base is what will get the job done, at lest for municipal elections.

Toronto Star said:
“I’m not going to go to the Pride parade,†Ford responded. “I’ve never gone to a Pride parade. So I’m not going to change the way I am.â€

From Globe and Mail website: "Doug Ford defends mayor’s choice to skip Toronto Pride event: ‘He’s not homophobic’ " This is the same Doug Ford who said Rob wasn't drinking any more and that the photograph of him drunk and ranting looked as though it was from many months earlier 'because he has lost weight'. Why do people continue to quote the Fords as though they might be reliable sources?

I have no problem that Robbie "came out" as a heterophobe, it's his right to believe what he wants, however, this out's his lie that it was his family outing, of decades in the making, that was of importance. But Robbie is not a private citizen, he has certain duties he must still abide by under the City of Toronto Act (pertinent articles in bold):

1.) Represent Toronto at local, national and international events.

2.) Be a member of executive committee, meaning he may still wield some influence on council’s strategic policy, financial planning, budget and intergovernmental relations.

3.) “Preside over council meetings†and “provide leadership to council,†general responsibilities in the City of Toronto Act that do not include specific duties beyond “providing information and making recommendations to council.â€

4.) Be the “city’s chief executive officer,†also a general responsibility in the act that requires him to “uphold and promote the purposes of the City,†among other broad duties.

If Robbie want's to be Mayor of Toronto, then it is his duty to follow the the remaining tenants of his Mayoralty. Furthermore, I think that the counsel should garnish his salary for, and retroactively, all the days of Pride he has refused to attend, and not perform his Mayoral duties.

And it is adorable that Dougie is including Deco in his campaigning for the 1950's/1960's to return, and we can all enjoy the bliss of canned "family values".

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 3m
#BobMarley captivated people of all cultures, broke countless barriers and helped introduce reggae music to the world. One love. #Toronto
Expand

I guess robbie is tweeting from his sick bed.

Since the warrant for Robbie's cell calls, including OnStar, Robbie is scrambling to find legal ground to fight what the TPS may find.

I guess this ruins Robbie's assertion of near perfect attendance, and the use of "sick days".

Last edited:
Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 3m
#BobMarley captivated people of all cultures, broke countless barriers and helped introduce reggae music to the world. One love. #Toronto
Expand

I guess robbie is tweeting from his sick bed.

C'mon... Rob doesn't manage his twitter account.. He's at a sub-twitter reading level.

Rob Ford is a cancer on our city...he must be removed

Cancer is often fatal.

Rob Ford is a wart of our city. Distasteful, annoying, but very removable.

Through Dugg Thugg's hijacking of Build Toronto the Ford's have been secretly selling off parcels of city owned land to developers - the waterworks building at Adelaide and Portland is going to sprout a condo development in the middle of it's courtyard, an historic designated school and it's grounds was recently sold off and demolished. The Ford Cancer may not be fatal to Toronto, but it's creating tumors that are killing off valuable parts of the city.

Hey, y'all. I just popped by Torontoist, and somebody in one of their comment threads brought up MetroMan's recent postings here about Ford definitely being targeted by the police. Which made me worry a bit. Not to be Chicken Little, but if word of this gets around (as anything posted online is bound to), then people more sympathetic to the Fords than (most of) the contributors here will likely bring it to their attention, and they don't really deserve any advance warning, do they?

I daresay there are leaks aplenty in the Toronto Police, as well as rumors circulating otherwise, so the Fords probably don't need the likes of us to keep them informed, but why take chances? The poor, thoughtless dope who posted about his Somali cop cousin at Reddit has almost certainly brought some unwanted attention on his cousin, and it makes me think we shouldn't tip the Fords off to any potential unpleasantness lurking in their future, either. Perhaps a "loose lips sink ships" strategy is best here.

Through Dugg Thugg's hijacking of Build Toronto the Ford's have been secretly selling off parcels of city owned land to developers - the waterworks building at Adelaide and Portland is going to sprout a condo development in the middle of it's courtyard, an historic designated school and it's grounds was recently sold off and demolished. The Ford Cancer may not be fatal to Toronto, but it's creating tumors that are killing off valuable parts of the city.

Yep, an offshoot of Hudak's "Mini-ME Common Senseless Revolution".

Hey, y'all. I just popped by Torontoist, and somebody in one of their comment threads brought up MetroMan's recent postings here about Ford definitely being targeted by the police. Which made me worry a bit. Not to be Chicken Little, but if word of this gets around (as anything posted online is bound to), then people more sympathetic to the Fords than (most of) the contributors here will likely bring it to their attention, and they don't really deserve any advance warning, do they?

I daresay there are leaks aplenty in the Toronto Police, as well as rumors circulating otherwise, so the Fords probably don't need the likes of us to keep them informed, but why take chances? The poor, thoughtless dope who posted about his Somali cop cousin at Reddit has almost certainly brought some unwanted attention on his cousin, and it makes me think we shouldn't tip the Fords off to any potential unpleasantness lurking in their future, either. Perhaps a "loose lips sink ships" strategy is best here.

But people make mistakes when they panic, "leaks" are quite effective in promoting panic to the insecure/dogmatists.

Last edited:
Since the warrant for Robbie's cell calls, including OnStar, Robbie is scrambling to find legal ground to fight what the TPS may find.

I think it is reasonable to assume, based on his past behaviour after big bombshells, that he is hungover/sketched out this morning.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Rob Ford went on the lam? A global manhunt would definitely take all of this to the next level.

If he escapes to some other country, couldn't we just leave him there? Would we really have to go find him?

If he escapes to some other country, couldn't we just leave him there? Would we really have to go find him?

I wish it was out of the country. I envision more of a OJ type pathetic chase on the Gardiner/DVP. Instead of a white bronco, it's his black escalade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back