703     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 497     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 532     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eyewitness says Ford called the cop a "B" (he censors for the camera earlier when saying "F'd up") but the written report, directly below upgrades it to "officer", completely removing a major element of the story, that pro-frontline cops Rob Ford called an officer a Bitch. Global News should be ashamed.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1122528/b...vancouver-for-jaywalking-public-intoxication/

Or maybe he called her a "b" to the witness, but had the sense enough to call the cop "officer". Both things could have happened.

Ford went to Vancouver with Price and his children, his wife didn't go with him. Who was watching his kids while he was out getting hammered?

Or maybe he called her a "b" to the witness, but had the sense enough to call the cop "officer". Both things could have happened.

No, the article quotes from the video in every other way (including some shortening of the story, removing things like "we were like, man, that's Rob Ford"). They may have misheard or not understood B, but changing the word to officer, at least without using parentheses seems false to me.

Rob Ford ticketed for... for... WALKING... JAYWALKING... across a street, and away from his... car? Like a downtown elite pedestrian? Didn't he say "streets are for cars"? That's what happens when one dares to walk on the street meant for the exclusive use of cars.

:cool:

No, the article quotes from the video in every other way (including some shortening of the story, removing things like "we were like, man, that's Rob Ford"). They may have misheard or not understood B, but changing the word to officer, at least without using parentheses seems false to me.

The guy in the clip definitely says "B" the changing of that in the text, I'd missed... Read it first, then went back for the clip, it it just didn't register as having been the same quote. "officer" should definitely have had parentheses.

Rob Ford ticketed for... for... WALKING... JAYWALKING... across a street, and away from his... car? Like a downtown elite pedestrian? Didn't he say "streets are for cars"? That's what happens when one dares to walk on the street meant for the exclusive use of cars.

Meanwhile, Toronto police can't even nab him for driving drunk.

First time I was ever in Van, I was stopped and warned about jaywalking by Vancouver Police. Could not believe it. It was on West Hasting right outside the Save On Meats. On the other hand, I was floored that drivers would stop at intersections on 4-lane streets if they saw you wanted to cross the street, even when they were not required to stop. Mind you this was the 90s and I don't think it is as pedestrian-friendly anymore in that sense.

If you were warned, and not ticketed, that's fair. The speed limits on Hastings are also very low - 30 km/h, so drivers are nabbed regularly there too. The reason for all of that are the poor, mentally ill and addicts wandering wherever and whenever - even across busy Hastings. They were there for a reason.

Are these people that are posting photos of him on the dance floor with hashtags such as #wasted, #soooodrunk, etc... just assuming that he was drunk because he was on a dance floor or did they actually witness him acting in a drunken way? Not everyone on a dance floor is wasted...

Are these people that are posting photos of him on the dance floor with hashtags such as #wasted, #soooodrunk, etc... just assuming that he was drunk because he was on a dance floor or did they actually witness him acting in a drunken way? Not everyone on a dance floor is wasted...

Yeah, not every alcoholic in a bar on a Friday night dancing with people half his age is wasted...

Before Ford any mayor getting cited for public intoxication would be done. This barely registers a blip. Is this the new norm (ie. will the behaviour of other politicians now be judged against this new lowered bar) or is it just him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back