357     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa!!!

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 28s

Toronto Region Board of Trade confirms Mayor Ford was not invited to dinner. Say invite was a mistake. "Slipped through cracks"

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 1m

Toronto Region Board of Trade says they told Mayor's office over the phone he was not invited.

Jimminy Crickets. There's more:

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 17m

Toronto Region Board of Trade says they told Mayor's office over the phone he was not invited.

Ivor Tossell ‏@ivortossell 15m

This gets weirder and weirder. @KatieSimpson24: Toronto Board of Trade says they told Mayor's office over the phone he was not invited.

Laura Serra ‏@lauraserra 10m

@ivortossell @KatieSimpson24 he came in, sat weirdly at the back, then left before dinner. then sent that tweet. so strange.

Ivor Tossell ‏@ivortossell 9m

So I'm hearing: @lauraserra: [Ford] came in, sat weirdly at the back, then left before dinner. then sent that tweet. so strange.
Hide conversation

Last edited:
Whoa indeed!

Either there was a complete communication breakdown and RoFo didn't realize the invite was rescinded or he knew but still went, knowing full well how RBOT and Carol Wilding felt about him and were probably going to speak on the subject.

Does he even think through things or does he just act on impulse? Unbelievable!

I bet he went even though he wasn't invited. Then, he could play the victim by tweeting the invitation out.

I'm wondering if he was told to leave or if he left on his own.

Ford went so he could give the "elites" who uninvited him one of these looks:

screen-shot-2012-11-30-at-154239.jpg

Attachments

• screen-shot-2012-11-30-at-154239.jpg
    screen-shot-2012-11-30-at-154239.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 376
Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 33s

#Toronto Region Board of Trade also says there was no RSVP from the Mayor. When he showed up he was placed at an open seat (table 130)

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/01/27/rob_ford_leaves_trade_board_dinner_after_speech_lambasting_leadership.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Mayor Rob Ford arrived at the Toronto Region Board of Trade’s glitzy annual dinner amid confusion over whether he was actually invited, only to hear a drubbing from the high-powered board’s president about “distractions” and “the question of leadership.”

Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly’s message and photo took the place in the program usually reserved for Toronto’s chief magistrate. Trade board spokesperson Scott Brownrigg said the deputy was invited to the event, rather than Ford.

“We found that (inviting Ford) would be disingenuous, considering our earlier statements,” said Brownrigg. The trade board became one of the first, and most powerful, organizations to speak out about the scandal engulfing Ford. It called for him to step aside on Nov. 1, the day after Toronto police Chief Bill Blair confirmed that investigators obtained a video, previously reported in the Star, that appeared to show Ford smoking crack cocaine.

When Ford arrived at the Monday dinner, organizers found him a seat near the back of the room. But the mayor left not long after board President Carol Wilding’s remarks.

At about 9 p.m. on Monday night, a tweet from Ford’s account included a photo of a letter addressed to him from the Toronto Region Board of Trade, dated Nov. 11, inviting him to the dinner. The tweet read: “Thanks to Carol Wilding, President of the @TorontoRBOT for taking the time to personally invite me to tonight’s event.”

Last edited:
I just noticed that Ford is wearing the jersey of Toronto-raised Orlando Franklin. Given his luck with sports jerseys and teams losing over the last year - I'll be betting on the Seahawks

TBOT TBOT
Bam Bam Gon Take Dem Down
She Wilding. I Be wilding

Wa do dem? Wa do dem?
High Risa
Smarty Pants people at Fancy Dinna
Are they gwine disrespect mi?

Dem deh damn elites
I am david. demma goliath.

*Patois courtesy of This.

Last edited:
And you have to figure, we'll never really know the truth. Ford will continue to say he was invited even though he didn't RSVP and was also told by phone he wasn't invited.

Of course we'll know the truth. It will be the opposite of whatever Ford says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back