164     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 471     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.2K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I've been stuck in our building's elevators and press the help button,the call goes to the monitoring company (once I got a "sorry, that mailbox is full" message -- WTF?), but on one occasion security intercepted the call and got me out so it is theoretically possible that it was all in house. That said, either Ford or the woman from the Club should have identified themselves and had a message sent. This didn't seem to happen which makes the story rather suspicious

Like all elevators in decent buildings everywhere, (especially the Hilton), there are phones and emergency buttons. It may be possible Ford was stuck in the elevator.

I think he's a spoiled man-child completely lacking the intelligence or foresight to let the guests. who paid reportedly $1000.00 per plate, know that he would be late. Now that is disrespect.

I was in this position before the holidays as well. Neither one of us actually wished him death. Thanks.

We both anticipate his eventual demise rather than wish for it.

Also, but unrelated: "...sit on boards in between trips on their yachts." You have perfectly described my hopes for retirement. :)

"Because dear lord I deeply wished he was dead." Yeah, he definitely doesn't wish he was dead.

Looong time lurker who works in a hotel. I call BS on the elevator being stuck. 1) If the elevator was stuck, in that massive property, engineering would notice why it was not moving. 2) It would have been communicated to the event that the president of the eco club and the mayor were stuck in this elevator 3) hoteliers never cast the guest in a bad light, certainly not the mayor and the president of the eco club 4) that hotel has WiFi and even if the cell signal does not work the WiFi may and I find it very hard to believe that this message would not have been sent out somehow 5) the help button would have been pressed and the monitoring company would have called front desk. 6) front desk and operations would have sprang into action putting out of service signs and redirecting people to the other elevators, and guests would have complained about the wait.

Thank you.

Are we to believe no cell phone, no emergency button, no phone in the elevator....at the Hilton? Btw, the service elevator is used mainly by staff. There would definitely be a working means of direct communication there. I find it very very hardto believe there is no cell reception. Regardless, all of these things are easy to find.

i kind of doubt it. looks to me like people are soaking up the talking points, and repeating them so much on-line and in bar room conversations, that they have the patter perfect. also, the ttc is travelled by plenty of folks who are, for lack of any better words, mentally ill. functioning in society in general, but still mentally ill. they are desperate for conversation and recognition and validation, and ford and his kind seem like the perfect guys for them to get behind.

in another way, though, yes, ford has bought these guys. not directly, but things like peeling off $20s for the poor in TCHC is in a sense buying this kind of loyalty. these guys may not have directly gotten that cash, but they probably feel like they owe it to the mayor to defend him, seeing as somebody who is just as likely to be as poor as they are did.

I dunno, I can totally see the Fords paying people to talk them up in public as part of their campaign strategy.
And of course they would choose folks with mental health issues, because they themselves have mental health issues.
Or they have constructed a Fraud Nayshun army of Stepford wives, ready to repeat phrases over and over.
Instead of "I was just going to give you coffee" and "I thought we were friends", these new Robbie Robots repeat: "He saved a billion dollars!" and "He did everything he said he was going to do!"
[video=youtube;a5DSJUhH-SY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG7JAM6DQnM[/video]

Last edited:
It's understandable how Watson made the mistake. Toronto's largest airport (hint: it's not Pearson) is named after a WWII hero.[/QUOTE said:
please pardon my ignorance, but which airport is it? billy bishop is wwi, so cant be that.

Likely Watson got confused with the 'II' representation for '2'. Probably just chucked that bit and searched on airports named after "world war" folks.

Likely Watson got confused with the 'II' representation for '2'. Probably just chucked that bit and searched on airports named after "world war" folks.

we're not trying to figure out the Jeopardy clue, we're trying to figure out what was meant by this:

It's understandable how Watson made the mistake. Toronto's largest airport (hint: it's not Pearson) is named after a WWII hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back