55     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 346     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 484     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can Ford get through debate season without answering the question?

What's in those packages Rob? Drugs or Money?

Will the other candidates play hardball on his refusal to address this?

Will the media be cowed by Doug Ford's moronic attempts to change the subject?

WHO is going to keep all of this alive in 2014, if charges against Ford are not forthcoming?

Very good questions, deep end! Amazing that this schlub has the gall to stand for public office after everything that has come out, and the questions that have been hanging in the air.

The TPS news release about her disappearance from last year doesn't exist anymore: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/25667.pdf

TPS doesn't sound like such a sloppy organization to NOT address someone being found - they do it all the time...

Strange.

OTOH - Could RoFo be a "part owner/backer" of a group involved with a (medically licensed - and somewhat "loop hole" legal) "grow-op"?

I can imagine setting up a medical grow-op can be pricey and nothing says if you need to borrow capital to set one up that it (the capital) has to be from a bank.... There may not be anything necessary illegal about this position but it might be very damaging to a campaign - unless the proceeds are not being properly claimed in his tax return.

Last edited:
...this schlub has the gall to stand for public office after everything that has come out
the strategy known as duck, dodge, and hide

watch again his off-the-cuff confession of smoking crack cocaine while his handler dougie was out of contact at ryerson -- i think he gave up at that point, but considering the fallout in the weeks after, i think he was surprised that he survived, and he must figure he still has a chance

If Ford does win this year, by some weird circumstance, it would be very tempting for the new council to cut back his powers again when the inevitable next scandal hits. I'm sure voters don't want to see someone earn $167,000 for a job that someone else will almost certainly be doing.

You may be right; the original comment isn't as clear as it could be. If so, I misunderstood that person's intent, so I was less unfair and more just plain incorrect.

I would sincerely love to know what criminal investigation could be compromised by the airing of the Rob Ford crack video, and at what point Ford derives an unfair advantage from something like that being withheld. The police have protected him quite enough for my liking; let's start with Ford being driven home by 23 Division because he was too drunk to be behind the wheel of his Escalade, and go from there.

I'm sure we can all agree that it's hard to feel good about protecting rabbit holes when Ford is repeatedly getting the sort of breaks that no-one should be afforded, ever.

What sort of swing in election results might result from the release - or otherwise - of a video where one of the candidates smokes crack cocaine and hurls slurs in all directions?

Serious question: given that Ford's aim is essentially to dismantle the City of Toronto, what investigation could be so precious that it is worth handing Ford a pass on all of this?

Thanks for your follow-up - I didn't intend to besmirch your own good name, and should have spoken more directly to the issue.

I completely agree that it would/will be great to hear about the underlying criminal investigation. It's incredibly frustrating and unfortunate that any of this is happening, and particularly that such a clearly incapable individual has been insulated from consequences by some larger issue. Unfortunately, this is often the case with investigations into fraud, conspiracy, and organized crime. The Wire offers a bit of a glimpse into how that can go down, and how pressures of media/bureaucracy can take a well-founded investigation off the rails. I'm not saying that this situation is the same, but I'm suggesting that there may be significantly more at stake than what's been publicly shared.

I think we both share the view that this whole mess is disgusting and embarrassing for the City, and that the public is well deserving of more information. I just hope it comes out at the appropriate times so that every party involved in wrongdoing gets their just desserts.

Perfect juxtaposition on this page. Thanks for posting this.

TPS doesn't sound like such a sloppy organization to NOT address someone being found - they do it all the time...

Strange.

OTOH - Could RoFo be a "part owner/backer" of a group involved with a (medically licensed - and somewhat "loop hole" legal) "grow-op"?

I can imagine setting up a medical grow-op can be pricey and nothing says if you need to borrow capital to set one up that it (the capital) has to be from a bank.... There may not be anything necessary illegal about this position but it might be very damaging to a campaign - unless the proceeds are not being properly claimed in his tax return.

That's what I've been thinking too, the number of plants at the Supertest location is way too much for just personal "medical" use. I don't remember seeing anything in the ITO that indicated any "tenant" had more than a personal use permit to grow. Don't you need another license to sell to other "medical" users?

The article has this gem of a comment:

WELL SAID

He is one politician that is fighting the unions and other government privileged.

The interesting thing is that more and more people are starting to recognize the unfair situation that now exists.
People in the private sectors are starting to grasp the costs of salaries, benefits and pension plans that the public sector workers enjoy at the expense of our tax dollars…….and the reality that the cost of these programs is not sustainable.

There was a time when many would consider the benefits that public sector employees were getting and think… ” good for them ! ”
BUT, now, most people don’t have these kinds of perks in their employment anymore and are often struggling just to make ends meet.
So now the sentiment is ” why should my tax dollars give them so much, when I can’t get any of those benefits myself”
And, hopefully, that is the beginning of a turning tide.

We need politicians like Rob Ford that are able to fight for us and our tax dollars……and say ” we can’t afford that ! “

This in the same week we learned how much higher CEO pay is than the average worker (171 times IIRC). And yet the "enemy" is the public sector employee who makes $50K plus pension and benefits? The divide-and-conquer strategy is working brilliantly.

The article has this gem of a comment:

This in the same week we learned how much higher CEO pay is than the average worker (171 times IIRC). And yet the "enemy" is the public sector employee who makes $50K plus pension and benefits? The divide-and-conquer strategy is working brilliantly.

Then the people then complain they don't have a job, but will continue to buy goods "MADE IN CHINA" or someplace in the Far East because it's cheaper. They don't know that by doing so they are preventing jobs being made in Canada. This happens with outsourcing jobs or "skills" so it will look good on the balance sheet or for the "taxpayer".

My comment:

January 3, 2014
Except despite his hard stance, many unions actually got raises out of him. Most notably TTC employees and police officers. But it is not as if facts have ever meant anything meaningful to Ford Nation.

TOperson, you should post your perspective as well. That said the comments are moderated, so who knows if they will show up.

Then the people then complain they don't have a job, but will continue to buy goods "MADE IN CHINA" or someplace in the Far East because it's cheaper. They don't know that by doing so they are preventing jobs being made in Canada. This happens with outsourcing jobs or "skills" so it will look good on the balance sheet or for the "taxpayer".

Yes, that is happening too, but it's a separate issue from the antagonism towards public sector employees, which Rob Ford exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back