359     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not this year, please. RoFo would try his best to take credit for the win.
RoFo shows up at the Argo game and they blow a 14 point lead while not scoring another point. RoFo's crack video is confirmed, and the Leafs go from 10-4-0 and first place to 14-11-3 and hanging on by their fingernails for a playoff spot. If you believe in karma, then RoFo's karma re: Toronto sports teams is decidedly bad.

I asked someone who knows both Lisi and Romeo and he says they just know each other from the local party scene. "All us Etobicoke guys know each other," is a common theme.

I say this sarcastically......do you believe in coinkydinks? Given the scenario at present?

links are: DB sr.....DB jr.......CEO GFL.......city toronto garbage contract.......Ford.......Lisi.........after hours club! Boys just from the 'hood ;)

Romeo DiBattista is not an official from Green for Life. He did have previous waste-management ventures with GFL head Patrick Dovigi, but I haven't seen any evidence that he's involved in GFL. His official ties with Dovigi seem to go no further than 2007.

To bring back up what I posted several hundred pages earlier:
During my google-sleuthing, found that Dovigi once dabbled in entertainment industry with his No Good TV (apparently an online channel specializing in vulgar and violent stuff). Here's the IPO that they filed at Nasdaq in 2006 before going bankrupt [in 2010, but seems to still be around]:

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/filing.ashx?filingid=4205728

Interestingly, one of the largest shareholders was Front Street Investment (only later did I realize this was mentioned in the 2011 G&M article about the rise of GFL), and importantly, "The persons who exercise shared voting and investment control over these securities are Mr. Marvin Igleman, Mr. Romeo DiBattista and Ms. Catherine Brewer." Not familiar enough with finance-speak to know what this relationship signifies, but I suppose it does show that Di Battista was more than just a former boss of a company that Dovigi worked at (paraphrasing a post from earlier in the thread). Anyone notice any other names in that IPO that appears in the ITO documents?

RoFo shows up at the Argo game and they blow a 14 point lead while not scoring another point. RoFo's crack video is confirmed, and the Leafs go from 10-4-0 and first place to 14-11-3 and hanging on by their fingernails for a playoff spot. If you believe in karma, then RoFo's karma re: Toronto sports teams is decidedly bad.

Robbie Boy shows up at the Bills game and they lose too.

Rob Ford said, according to this link: “I’d be a Republican,” he said.

Interesting, because Doug Ford was quoted saying this to CNN:

"Everyone keeps saying Rob's a conservative," Doug explains. "He's a huge, massive social liberal. He loves Obama. The headlines of the papers when he won? 'The White Obama.' "

Those two need to get their story straight.

Last edited:
This is speculation. (Arksi cover your eyes :p)
Lisi may have been involved in supplying "recreational supplements" to customers at DB's club.

Anyone have more info on this club? The Star said it was on Bloor, west of Prince Edward, and seemed to imply it was hastily gutted by RdB, perhaps in the wake of his association with Ford coming to light.

Thank you for your words of support. I can never understand why so many people on here bristle at reading viewpoints that are different from their own. I thought airing differing opinions was the whole purpose of a discussion board like this? If everyone agreed with each other on here this would become an echo chamber and that would be very boring.

OK, I know I said I'd never post here again, but whatever, I'm a troll, and as a Ford supporter, obviously a liar and so on.

Peepers - The reason people on here bristle at differing opinions is because, by-and-large, the users on Urban Toronto don't want to discuss these issues on any level. It took me a while to figure it out, but this thread essentially is supposed to be an echo chamber. Most of the posters here want an echo chamber. Its for (a) getting updates from MetroMan and (b) gossip/jokes/unsubstantiated rumors.

That's why if you do try to actually discuss an issue, it will be ignored by the vast majority of users on here. I don't know about your experience, but I realized after a while that every time I posted something sensible, it would be ignored, whereas if I posted an attack on someone else or defense of my character, it would be responded to by user after user. This thread actively discourages discussing issues of any kind. I think you'll see that you get a much better batting ratio in terms of response from posting unintelligent and/or abrasive comments, which is why I eventually ceased posting. It came to the point where I was just arguing with people, and it will come to that point for you too.

This is also why anyone who disagrees with the general consensus is (a) a troll, (b) a covert operative (in my case, I was David Price, but you're supposedly Joe Warmington), and (c) a despicable bad person. Literally the exact same stuff was said about me. There's a large contingent on here that actually tries to shut down not just dissenting opinion but any interesting discussion whatsoever, and I think you've probably realized that there are a lot of people here that would rather gossip about whether Ford is the mastermind behind an underage sex ring than actually discuss policy-related issues of any kind.

Unfortunately, I really don't know what is a good place to discuss these issues, but its not here. Honestly, as sad as it sounds, Reddit has more people that are open to actually discussing these issues in-depth and with differing viewpoints.

OK, I know I said I'd never post here again, but whatever, I'm a troll, and as a Ford supporter, obviously a liar and so on.

Peepers - The reason people on here bristle at differing opinions is because, by-and-large, the users on Urban Toronto don't want to discuss these issues on any level. It took me a while to figure it out, but this thread essentially is supposed to be an echo chamber. Most of the posters here want an echo chamber. Its for (a) getting updates from MetroMan and (b) gossip/jokes/unsubstantiated rumors.

That's why if you do try to actually discuss an issue, it will be ignored by the vast majority of users on here. I don't know about your experience, but I realized after a while that every time I posted something sensible, it would be ignored, whereas if I posted an attack on someone else or defense of my character, it would be responded to by user after user. This thread actively discourages discussing issues of any kind. I think you'll see that you get a much better batting ratio in terms of response from posting unintelligent and/or abrasive comments, which is why I eventually ceased posting. It came to the point where I was just arguing with people, and it will come to that point for you too.

This is also why anyone who disagrees with the general consensus is (a) a troll, (b) a covert operative (in my case, I was David Price, but you're supposedly Joe Warmington), and (c) a despicable bad person. Literally the exact same stuff was said about me. There's a large contingent on here that actually tries to shut down not just dissenting opinion but any interesting discussion whatsoever, and I think you've probably realized that there are a lot of people here that would rather gossip about whether Ford is the mastermind behind an underage sex ring than actually discuss policy-related issues of any kind.

Unfortunately, I really don't know what is a good place to discuss these issues, but its not here. Honestly, as sad as it sounds, Reddit has more people that are open to actually discussing these issues in-depth and with differing viewpoints.

The warm embrace of Reddit awaits!

Just read his post history, everyone. He's not hard to figure out.

"I don't mind two-tier health care." So says the drunken, crackheaded millionaire wastrel.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/408594590547996672

Seems to me that little statement might be worth a bit of discussion all by itself.

Well then, it seems if pricks like Ford got their way I would likely be dead or bankrupt. I'm so thrilled that he appears to be above the law.

John Dee:

For a case like his - I don't either - he is almost dead likely to be in the group using the greatest amount of resources for the least benefit.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back