91     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 703     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your words of support. I can never understand why so many people on here bristle at reading viewpoints that are different from their own. I thought airing differing opinions was the whole purpose of a discussion board like this? If everyone agreed with each other on here this would become an echo chamber and that would be very boring.

Uh, this isn't about "differing viewpoints" and it's once again disingenuous to suggest otherwise. This is about the vast majority of participants pointing out to you that everything you're saying is easily refutable bullshit, and you ignoring them. Consider that, and maybe you'll start to understand what everyone's "bristling" is about.

I don't know if Peepers is Joe Warmington but I have noticed that they share a similar trait. On Twitter, Warmington often retweets opinions that are not pro-Ford and on here Peepers often posts links to articles that are also not pro-Ford. Probably doesn't mean anything, just something I noticed :)

DiBattista might not have been able to reach Ford. His staff said he often went "off the grid" and couldn't be reached. I can see times where Ford would only answer his phone if it was Lisi calling.

That said, I hope there is fire to go with that smoke.

Ok. Lets say DB wanted to talk to the Mayor re:eek:fficial garbage business. Why not call the City of Toronto/ City Hall. Lisi is NOT a city employee with official duties and or a point of contact. How does DB have Lisi's phone number? Why does he have it. Lisi, again, is not a city of toronto point of contact for any city business.

I pose these questions because I have a very, VERY inquisitive mind!

I will play devil's advocate and think of ways to discuss the "other side" of this issue in a way that doesn't play fast and loose with the established facts, or establishes a completely obvious double standard in the application of the law (first generation Canadian children of Somali immigrants bad! White privileged trust funder good!).

1) Debate over the legitimacy of city council's move to effectively neuter the mayor's office.
2) The imbalance between the principle of open courts and the right to privacy for innocent parties yet to be charged with a crime.
3) A defense of Rob Ford's populism, understanding its basis and its roots beyond simply calling his supporters troglodytes.
4) The hypocrisy of the left on its stance on drug use and legalization. Had many of these drugs been legal, Ford could abuse drugs to his heart's content and neither the city nor the police could do a thing.

I'm playing devil's advocate, mind. Perpetuating racist double standards and completely misrepresenting the facts of the ITO is an abuse of the truth. This is why I don't think Peepers' is "debating" in good faith.

Ok. Lets say DB wanted to talk to the Mayor re:eek:fficial garbage business. Why not call the City of Toronto/ City Hall. Lisi is NOT a city employee with official duties and or a point of contact. How does DB have Lisi's phone number? Why does he have it. Lisi, again, is not a city of toronto point of contact for any city business.

Good questions, why he would have Lisi's number the sticky one. I'm sure Ford and DiBattista talk directly about business, old boys network stuff. Ford might have had Lisi with him and introduced him as a back channel conduit.

I'm just pointing out what's possible, not what I believe.

I can never understand why so many people on here bristle at reading viewpoints that are different from their own. I thought airing differing opinions was the whole purpose of a discussion board like this?

Differing opinions and cognitive dissonance are two very separate things. You're on the wrong side of this argument Peepers. Your obtuse ramblings are what bring the disdain that you lament (but oh so obviously love) generating.

Last edited:
My thoughts are:

Why is an official from Green for Life, the garbage contractor for the city of T.O, calling a known criminal (Lisi)? I have to recheck the timestamp on that call as well as the date. Important because it creates/ shows a link between Ford and Di Battista via Lisi. If they were just talking GFL garbage business, why would Di Battista contact Lisi??

That's a very good question. I have been harping on about di Battista for a while now, doubly so since the journos at the Newsana event referenced him in a way which made me think they knew (or possibly suspected) more than they were letting on.

I'm suddenly seeing GFL vehicles everywhere downtown; probably just Baader-Meinhof, but that doesn't mean that GFL's contract wasn't awarded in a dodgy way.

I don't think Romeo has anything to do with GFL. His waste business is called KNR Recycling. The current head of GFL got his start in the waste business working for Romeo and his dad. Romeo took the waste site over from the Sansone brothers after they got in trouble for a fire that burned for days. One of the Sansone brothers is actually the 310-BINS guy: http://tinyurl.com/le58bk5

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ckhandles-his-way-to-the-front/article559083/

My thoughts are:

Why is an official from Green for Life, the garbage contractor for the city of T.O, calling a known criminal (Lisi)? I have to recheck the timestamp on that call as well as the date. Important because it creates/ shows a link between Ford and Di Battista via Lisi. If they were just talking GFL garbage business, why would Di Battista contact Lisi??

Romeo DiBattista is not an official from Green for Life. He did have previous waste-management ventures with GFL head Patrick Dovigi, but I haven't seen any evidence that he's involved in GFL. His official ties with Dovigi seem to go no further than 2007.

I've been trying not to jump to conclusions or armchair quarterback when it comes to Blair and TPS and action vs. inaction. I do realize that justice often moves at the speed of molasses, and that the public's need for closure rarely has any bearing on the pace of an investigation or trial.

THAT SAID, I am getting pretty goddamn sick of Blair's highly message-controlled statement of "All we do is gather evidence and place it before the Crown and they decide what to do." So... zero responsibility, then? Actually, I'm pretty sure the police also arrest people who are in the middle of committing crimes. So is he saying that TPS never once observed Ford committing any crimes? Because I doubt that.

I understand, and probably even agree with, the argument that they were after more than minor drug charges---of course they were. But Blair's constant positioning of the police as this disinterested evidence-gathering squad rings more hollow the more he says it.

I am hoping this stagnant statement is because they have bigger stuff on Ford. If Blair opens up anymore, it just leads to more and more questions, which can potentially ruin the case against Ford. I'm willing to tolerate it until this current project on Ford is officially closed. If there's no charges after that, then Blair has to open up much, much, more.

I get the impression they've presented what they have to the crown, but it's still not enough.

This is speculation. (Arksi cover your eyes :p)
Lisi may have been involved in supplying "recreational supplements" to customers at DB's club.

Romeo DiBattista is not an official from Green for Life. He did have previous waste-management ventures with GFL head Patrick Dovigi, but I haven't seen any evidence that he's involved in GFL. His official ties with Dovigi seem to go no further than 2007.

I'm hunting back a few pages and doing the google thing. But was there not information that DB is a director at GFL.....correct that he is not in charge per se!

I know I read somewhere that he was a director.

Either way, the question still stands.....what is his connection to Lisi? just friends, business partners....what? The answer could be totally innocent...I'm open to that option, but still very inquisitive!!

Kinda related...
tumblr_mw4nwgE1Ep1qg1ieto1_500.gif

Brazen 2 is an investigation of Ford and his criminal associates including Lisi. It resulted in the arrest of Lisi.

Project Bazen 2 was related to Project Traveller in the same way the Project Quell was related to Brazen 1.

Brazen 1 and Brazen 2 are "unrelated" because:

PB2 is about Rob Ford (started from information from Project Traveller) -> Which has overlapping events with Anthony Smith -> Which has overlapping events with Saaid Mohiadan -> Which has overlapping events with....

Brazen 2 is about the Dixxon Bloods, Brazen 1 is about the Galloway boys. I wont speculate which gang Saaid Mohiadan was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back