152     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 276     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 523     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct, he probably sang like a canary. I have the feeling the "best" is yet to come.

How can you assume that?..

Hashimi was sentenced to nine years in prison, a term jointly recommended by the Crown and defence. He was also sentenced to four years imprisonment, to be served concurrently, for aggravated assault.
The lesser plea “properly and justly reflects the extent of Mr. Hashimi’s legal culpability on the evidence in this case,” prosecutor Mary Misener told Ontario Court Justice Paul Taylor.
Hashimi opened fire as Smith and Khattak, who is Hashimi’s cousin, assaulted one of Hashimi’s friends outside the Loki Lounge around 2:40 a.m., part of an ongoing dispute between two groups of young men, Misener said reading from an agreed statement of facts.

IF he did sing like you think, then what happens to that information?

How can you assume that?..

Hashimi was sentenced to nine years in prison, a term jointly recommended by the Crown and defence. He was also sentenced to four years imprisonment, to be served concurrently, for aggravated assault.
The lesser plea “properly and justly reflects the extent of Mr. Hashimi’s legal culpability on the evidence in this case,” prosecutor Mary Misener told Ontario Court Justice Paul Taylor.
Hashimi opened fire as Smith and Khattak, who is Hashimi’s cousin, assaulted one of Hashimi’s friends outside the Loki Lounge around 2:40 a.m., part of an ongoing dispute between two groups of young men, Misener said reading from an agreed statement of facts.

IF he did sing like you think, then what happens to that information?

I remember the crown claiming stress and cough syrup as mitigating factors diminishing culpability.

Bunch of nonsense really.

You took everything in there as fact?

If the narrative is that Smith started the fight then it becomes Second Degree murder - something that could have been amicable for Hashimi to plead to without the evidence hitting the public - and who could prove otherwise?

Not really but I'm just trying to make some sense of it with what has been released.....

Crown prosecutor Mary Misener read out the statement, saying that it was Smith who, acting on a text message of coded instructions from a member of his gang, initiated a fight with Hashimi and his associates.(http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...g-of-man-linked-to-rob-ford-scandal-1.1380870)

Am I wrong to think that this statement might be true?

I remember the crown claiming stress and cough syrup as mitigating factors diminishing culpability.

Bunch of nonsense really.

Do you really think Smith was killed because of an ongoing dispute? I don't. He was killed because he either made or owned the video of Ford.

Oh, he didn't mean to?

WHY THE HELL IS THE MAYOR "CHARGING SOMEONE IN THE GALLERY"????

Ford just keeps making the bucket bigger, so every one of his boorish actions are just "another drop in the bucket".

I think all the American media attention, is going to his head. He is trying really hard to keep his face on their news stations. He must have some plan to get an American reality show out of his antics. He thinks all his stupidity will turn him into an international folk hero. Lots of people love tough talking, belligerent bullies, party boys and buffoons. (Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo and all of Jerry Springer's guests)

Not really but I'm just trying to make some sense of it with what has been released.....

Crown prosecutor Mary Misener read out the statement, saying that it was Smith who, acting on a text message of coded instructions from a member of his gang, initiated a fight with Hashimi and his associates.(http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...g-of-man-linked-to-rob-ford-scandal-1.1380870)

Am I wrong to think that this statement might be true?

maybe Smith thought the best defense is a good offense: "Hey, they're coming to kill you, bro" -- so he decides to strike first (but loses the fight).

Or maybe just Lenny Kravitz...

And my mama said
There's much weight you will lift
And my mama said
Leave those bad boys alone
And my mama said
Be home before the dawn
And my mama said
You can be rich or poor
But my mama said
You can be big or small

But I'm always on the run...

I prefer Rheostatics ... - These Days Are Good For the Canadian Conservative Youth Party Alliance

There has been a shift in the public's expectations.
These days are good for us now.
There's a Lenny in my Kravitz that must be removed.
These days are good for us now.
All together! Oh, this day will be good for us.
Oh, pitiful every man. How I've learned to shake your hand.

C.C.Y.P.A.C.C.Y.P.A.C.C.
This is a difficult world, but there are opportunities here.
Oh, these days could be good for you.
There are programs in place that will cure you, that will cure you.
Oh, these days could be good for you.
When the sun goes down on the flat Edmonton streets,
You will seek normal pleasures.
There are sports teams with cheerleaders who will double as hookers.

I chipped my eye tooth on the back of a urinal.
You've got your pain and I've got my pain.
But I don't complain. No I don't complain.
I first snip your life with the precision of a tailor.
Oh pitiful every man, how I've learned to shake your hand.
Oh simple every man, how I've learned... to shake your calloused hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back