425     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 562     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 462     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring on the legal challenge! I am dying for Rob and Doug Ford to spend as much time as possible in a courtroom from now on!

We can only hope and dream that they are stupid enough to bring any sort of action against anyone for anything related to their behaviour over the last few years.

What Toronto lawyer wouldn't relish the chance to cross-examine the gruesome twosome?

"...and I remind you, Mr. Ford, that you are under oath..."

1. I really doubt that most Torontonians care about issues/comments re AIDS, as most people have no familial/friend connection to that disease. All STDs are preventable when people remain monogamous; that is a cold, hard truth that most don't want to accept. If people stuck to one sexual partner, we wouldn't have STDs to begin with. It's difficult for people to feel sympathy for victims of a disease (AIDS) that is 100% preventable -- as opposed to something like cancer -- which can affect anyone. If you live a risky lifestyle, sometimes there are consequences to pay for those actions.

Wow you are really incredibly ignorant. Please refrain from voicing these kinds of asinine opinions on this forum, if you can help it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16031149

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/26/lifestyle-cancer-reasons_n_3504082.html

Wow you are really incredibly ignorant. Please refrain from voicing these kinds of asinine opinions on this forum, if you can help it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16031149

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/26/lifestyle-cancer-reasons_n_3504082.html

Just... wow. I thought this sort of attitude had been challenged and consigned to the dustbin of history long ago.

I know that Rob Ford got on this topic a while back, but then he always did have a taste for rhetorical garbage.

If you eat processed foods, if you smoke or drink... you're raising your risk of cancer. Does that then mean that you are not deserving of compassion and understanding?

Last edited:
The City's old motto seems a bit out of place these days, at least based on our Mayor.
Old_Coat_of_Arms.jpg

Attachments

• Old_Coat_of_Arms.jpg
    Old_Coat_of_Arms.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 465
1. I really doubt that most Torontonians care about issues/comments re AIDS, as most people have no familial/friend connection to that disease. All STDs are preventable when people remain monogamous; that is a cold, hard truth that most don't want to accept. If people stuck to one sexual partner, we wouldn't have STDs to begin with. It's difficult for people to feel sympathy for victims of a disease (AIDS) that is 100% preventable -- as opposed to something like cancer -- which can affect anyone. If you live a risky lifestyle, sometimes there are consequences to pay for those actions.

[sarcasm]Wow, you're a really wonderful person. Smart too.[/sarcasm]

So the two special meetings pass their motions. As I see it, these are just preliminaries to the big showdown on Monday, when council could effectively demote Ford to just another councillor.

Anyone else catch that? Ford basically said he "would have supported" the actions council took today if a mayor had been "behaving as I had." But since he's they mayor, "I have to support myself."

What an ass...

I wonder how covered in dust the Ford brothers' "yes" buttons are. Every time I watch a council meeting they seem to vote no on everything.

Except the dumb stubway.

How likely would it be for a court to grant an injunction until the issue is fully adjudicated?

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think it's too likely. Council is only dealing with powers it delegated to the mayor's office in the first place. It's pretty clear cut, IMO: Council delegated power its holds to the mayor's office, and therefore, it should be able to take them away. The mayor is still the mayor in every respect of the provincial law creates councils and his office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back