News   Jul 18, 2024
 446     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 820     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the comments from fucking ford nation:

"The head office of the Toronto star should be nuked. This moron publication serves ZERO purpose other than destroying peoples lives for the sake of destroying other peoples lives. As for Fords rant, WHO FREAKIN' Cares !! Everybody goes on rants every now and then. I do, my neighbour does, a few relatives, even YOU do ! I don't live in Toronto and I am not a conservative but Ford is a pretty good mayor FOR MANY REASONS !!!!! Most politicians these are corrupt P O S ! Ford has already saved the city over a billion dollars ! I think a lot of people(idiots) should mind their OWN business !Just leave the guy alone and LET HIM DO HIS JOB !!! Stupid losers !!!!!"

I've heard the whole "Ford is a good mayor" from lots of people outside of Toronto. Of course, when I ask them what he has accomplished, they can't tell me.

One of the comments from fucking ford nation:

"The head office of the Toronto star should be nuked. This moron publication serves ZERO purpose other than destroying peoples lives for the sake of destroying other peoples lives. As for Fords rant, WHO FREAKIN' Cares !! Everybody goes on rants every now and then. I do, my neighbour does, a few relatives, even YOU do ! I don't live in Toronto and I am not a conservative but Ford is a pretty good mayor FOR MANY REASONS !!!!! Most politicians these are corrupt P O S ! Ford has already saved the city over a billion dollars ! I think a lot of people(idiots) should mind their OWN business !Just leave the guy alone and LET HIM DO HIS JOB !!! Stupid losers !!!!!"

Classy - you know, !!!!!!!!! is always the most effective tool for getting the point across.

As to nukes, sorry, failed states don't get to play with those.

AoD

One angle that seems to have been lost in this circus is the racism/homophobia angle. Apparently we have a mayor on record (filmed) making racial and homophobic slurs. Is this not reason enough that the public should be demanding Ford be forced to step down? Do we really even need the more prurient/sensationalist facts to emerge to act? I'm simply amazed how each day the bar of what's tolerable keeps getting lowered, thanks in large part to Ford Nation's blind and stubborn support of a toxic individual. Shame on them.

No Biggie. I'm sure AM640 will happily take them.

This. I doubt they'll have difficulty finding a pathetic station desperately trying to boost their ratings - there's plenty.

Good that one more institution has turned on them, though. These guys are toxic.

This. I doubt they'll have difficulty finding a pathetic station desperately trying to boost their ratings - there's plenty.
Doug was on AM640 this morning, so maybe. Then again, he was on CBC Metro Morning the other day, and I don't see the CBC rushing to give them a weekly show.

Good that one more institution has turned on them, though. These guys are toxic.
Another domino.

Hi everyone...longtime fan, first-time poster. Turning back to the investigation, I'm trying to wrap my head around it. How soon can we expect for more evidence to be released? Is today the last day for the media lawyers' arguments?

I think we're past the drugs/alcohol bit and Ford needs to be nailed on something more serious, whether it's Anthony Smith, the mysterious second video or something else. What I'm wondering is, with the mysterious envelopes and packages, and Lisi being seen with businessmen like Romeo DiBattista, are the cops and/or the media looking into possible bribery/kickbacks?

One angle that seems to have been lost in this circus is the racism/homophobia angle. Apparently we have a mayor on record (filmed) making racial and homophobic slurs. Is this not reason enough that the public should be demanding Ford be forced to step down? Do we really even need the more prurient/sensationalist facts to emerge to act? I'm simply amazed how each day the bar of what's tolerable keeps getting lowered, thanks in large part to Ford Nation's blind and stubborn support of a toxic individual. Shame on them.

By the time the video is eventually released, the smoking crack aspect will likely take a back seat to his remarks in the video. Now that he's admitted to smoking crack, seeing him the act will be less shocking then the racism/homophobia I imagine. Those quotes will dominate headlines.

What I'm wondering is, with the mysterious envelopes and packages, and Lisi being seen with businessmen like Romeo DiBattista, are the cops and/or the media looking into possible bribery/kickbacks?

If they aren't, then they are not doing their jobs. Until there's reason to suspect otherwise, I'm going to assume they are hard at work getting everything lined up and as airtight as possible so they are ready for the real fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back