184     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 343     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 541     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, at least Ford's PR skills are improving. He came out to speak to the press minutes after the video was released. So, there's that.

He also didn't suggest The Toronto Star made it up.
Sure, he didn't want to answer basic questions (what were you taking? who are you talking about?) but credit where it's due, I suppose.

Are you guys smoking crack?

"I am a sick motherfucker dude... like, no one's gonna fuck around with me. My brothers and I are... don't tell me we're liars, thieves..."

You really, really think he's talking bullshit about some kind of sports match, getting in the ring with GSP, arm-wrestling hogan? Sorry, but you've got to be fucking high to seriously believe that.

I don't even think it's that---I don't think he's pissed off or wants someone dead. I have a feeling the voice offscreen started talking about boxers or something, and then Ford, high as shit, went off on a rant about how he could kick any boxer's ass because he's so tough, saying he'll arrange a fight for charity, crap like that. Scans to me as just tough guy coke talk, no crime involved.

What about the "those kids are pros" comment and the one about calling him and his brother liars? That tells me it's about more than just a boxing match.

Zing!

Dylan C. Robertson ‏@withfilesfrom 17m

Remember when Rob Ford charged at Star reporter Daniel Dale? This video shows you an idea of how scary that might be.

AoD

When ever it was taken, it was warm enough for the person taking the video to be wearing shorts -- judging by their bare leg in the foreground of the first 10 - 15 s of the video. Either that, or that person's in their underwear, which doesn't bear thinking about.

Honestly, I suspect this has something to do with his Don Bosco firing. Or the G&M article (forgot about that) And Rob Ford has the same curtains in his living room. This isn't a smoking gun, by any means. It just shows him out of control, but without context, doesn't amount to much.

Seriously: If Doug Ford has any shred of a human soul left, he will be the one to hold a press conference and ask Rob to step aside for his own sake. That's about the only thing he could do to redeem himself - and help his brother.

What about the "those kids are pros" comment and the one about calling him and his brother liars? That tells me it's about more than just a boxing match.

"Those kids are pros" could easily be in reference to MMA, UFC or similar. And he might have just said "me and my brothers are the toughest guys around, no lie." I dunno, the guy's raving, going off on tangents, hard to tell what he's really talking about. Obviously he's not going to shed any light on that---he has the perfect umbrella excuse now. I dunno, I'm just giving my impression. This doesn't strike me as a crime set-up, and I can't point to anything obviously incriminating.

Seriously: If Doug Ford has any shred of a human soul left, he will be the one to hold a press conference and ask Rob to step aside for his own sake. That's about the only thing he could do to redeem himself - and help his brother.
So much word. Would be about the only positive event in this whole mess if he would do this.

ford is a fat loser... he talks a big game but would get his ass kicked in a second... Just like that boxing match with a certain senate member...

"Those kids are pros" could easily be in reference to MMA, UFC or similar. And he might have just said "me and my brothers are the toughest guys around, no lie." I dunno, the guy's raving, going off on tangents, hard to tell what he's really talking about. Obviously he's not going to shed any light on that---he has the perfect umbrella excuse now. I dunno, I'm just giving my impression. This doesn't strike me as a crime set-up, and I can't point to anything obviously incriminating.

But what pro UFC fighter has called him and his brothers liars and thieves? There is context, it's in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back