323     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I misunderstanding something? Months of surveillance and investigation and not a single charge against the person at the epicentre? Metro Man?

Seriously, I'm about to move.

I think you all need to calm down. The notion that police have direct evidence of criminal wrongdoing by Ford is based largely on speculation. What is likely is that he's a guy who does drugs and was caught on video doing so - something for which he almost certainly won't be charged.

But really, did anyone think that tomorrow's document release was going to have information in it that would reveal why Ford should be legally charged with a crime? In what backward universe would that happen? If in the off chance Ford actually goes get charged with something, it won't be because of evidence released to the media in advance of the charge.

CBC @ 6 just confirmed no charges are expected to be laid against Ford.

This I highly doubt. For one thing if the CBC had such information it would be on the front page of their website and it isn't.

Also the Police are not going to tell a news organization in advance that they are going to make an arrest.

It could be just speculation on the CBC's part. The CBC is not the best source of reliable information.

I think you all need to calm down. The notion that police have direct evidence of criminal wrongdoing by Ford is based largely on speculation. What is likely is that he's a guy who does drugs and was caught on video doing so - something for which he almost certainly won't be charged.

But really, did anyone think that tomorrow's document release was going to have information in it that would reveal why Ford should be legally charged with a crime? In what backward universe would that happen? If in the off chance Ford actually goes get charged with something, it won't be because of evidence released to the media in advance of the charge.

If there are no charges coming out of Project Brazen 2, when would they charge him?

Actually, this is just the Lisi evidence, right? They wouldn't put their evidence on Ford in the Lisi warrant.

So, we just wait some more? Maybe one day he'll be charged with something? I'm genuinely confused . L'il help?

Regardless, now can anyone on council let Ford be involved in negotiating the police budget?

Last edited:
If there are no charges pouring out of Project Brazen 2, when would they charge him?

Actually, this is just the Lisi evidence, right? They wouldn't put their evidence • a Ford in the Lisi warrant.

So, we just wait some more? Maybe one day he'll be charged with something? I'm genuinely confused . L'il help?

What I'm saying: If Ford were to be charged with a crime, why would the evidence that would form the basis of that charge be released to the media in advance of the charge? Less related to the matter at hand: I'm also much less sure than some that Ford will be charged with anything. But there's also a big difference between information that could lead directly to a specific criminal charge, and information that is damaging to a politician.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. It could be just that no charges will come from what's released tomorrow...or from what may be released later from the same warrant. That doesn't mean that nothing will happen in the future.

I hope.

The CBC is not the best source of reliable information.

Lol. That's rich coming from you.

This I highly doubt. For one thing if the CBC had such information it would be on the front page of their website and it isn't.

Also the Police are not going to tell a news organization in advance that they are going to make an arrest.

It could be just speculation on the CBC's part. The CBC is not the best source of reliable information.

If it's not from the Sun, it's a commie lie!

Thanks you! Exactly what I was thinking. People need to stop jumping to conclusions so damn fast around here.

So what you're saying is Rob Ford is a member of Al Qaeda?

1. The fact that someone is not expected to be charged is not front page news - at least it is not when (as in this case) there have been no prior reports that the person was expected to be charged.

2. True, but someone may have leaked to a news organization that the police are not expecting a charge to be laid. Or, the conclusion that no charge is to be expected may be based on the contents of ITO not disclosing a basis for a charge. While none of the ITO has yet been released generally, the lawyers acting for the news organizations have been free to speak to their clients about what is in the unredacted portions since the judge made his order late this morning that those pages are to be disclosed forthwith (i.e., they stopped being embargoed as soon as the judge made his order).

3. It was stated that CBC news had been informed (i.e., by someone else) - not that they had inferred, or guessed, on their own.

Personally, I don't think Ford will be charged. If anything, the reason why Ford seemed to be on edge today is because tomorrow there will be solid proof that the crack video is real. Whether that will hurt his chances for re-election in the long run, I don't know. But his Mr Hyde side will be exposed for all to see.

3. It was stated that CBC news had been informed (i.e., by someone else) - not that they had inferred, or guessed, on their own.

I suspect that their lawyer - who was part of this legal action - is making a good educated guess that this information - even in redacted form - would not be released if one of the subjects was still part of an active police investigation. The judge would not have agreed to release all this information if one of the named subjects was still under threat of arrest.

Why would anyone think Ford would be arrested on the release of this document? This is information the police *already have*. If they were going to arrest based on this information it would have happened by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back