388     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 540     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 884     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the explanation of what is going on, the article screws up a lot in explaining it.

So essentially what Murray is saying is that they will look at replacing the old SRT route in its entirety with a subway (including the extension) and look at the city based plan. They both cost the same, so they are doing an EA to see which one is the most effective. It is no longer the provincial 2 stop subway vs the city 3 stop subway, it is the provincial 4 stop subway vs the city 3 stop subway. When Metrolinx did the study seeing if the subway alignment along the current rt corridor would work, they studied all the way to Sheppard along the currently planned LRT corridor. They determined they could squeeze it in to Scarborough town centre for 1.4 billion, and bring it to Sheppard & progress for 2.3 billion. Now that the city has confirmed willingness to fund it, Metrolinx will look at which plan works better (McCowen or old LRT alignment) in terms of a network, and go with that. In other words, they will actually be doing some thinking here, and not just screaming subways subways subways!!1!1!1

Near Yonge and Bloor.

Now, I don't think the Fords are Scientologists. No do I think they hang out with the Badgers and Skinny Petes at the pot lounge. There's a McDonalds. But I'm thinking the peelers.

The mayor can afford to do things properly in Montreal, but goes to the Brass Rail? Nothing against strip bars, but every recovered coke addict I know used to shop at strip bars.

(Edited to clarify.)

Last edited:
Near Yonge and Bloor.

Now, I don't think the Fords are Scientologists. No do I think they hang out with the Badgers and Skinny Petes at the pot lounge. There's a McDonalds. But I'm thinking the peelers.

The mayor can afford to do things properly in Montreal, but goes to the Brass Rail? Nothing against strip bars, but every recovered coke addict I know used to shop at strip bars.

(Edited to clarify.)

I don't know enough of the 'seedy underbelly of the city' lingo to understand, lol. So you are saying it is not the Brass Rail?
There's a Dollarama near there. Maybe that is a front!

Glen Murray said:
I believe there is a great willingness for us to work with the city, but it has to be based on evidence, demonstrated ridership, economic impacts and developments in Scarborough.”

Alright - so it's gonna be an LRT! There's no way that the evidence and demonstrated ridership would require a subway.

^ I'd be inclined to agree with you if Mr. A didn't have a criminal record. But he does and for that reason I don't think there was any mistakes or typos. Hre and Ford knew exactly what they were doing when proving a false name.

I'm guessing when Rob Ford was arrested in Florida, he was able to get off because he could afford a good lawyer or lawyers. If the school board did a criminal check on Rob Ford before he became a coach, he didn't have a record that would have rejected him.

rob-ford-mugshot.jpg

Attachments

• rob-ford-mugshot.jpg
    rob-ford-mugshot.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 452
Oh, back to the "foursquare ginger" supposed hint/link: FWIW, Ginger's next door to the Brass Rail--who knows what *that's* saying...

Funny... Just irresponsibly putting this out there (humour me), but, I am 90% certain that I got into an altercation with Rob Ford at a strip club a year or two before the election.

Never shared this publicly before, but, the clients that I was entertaining that night swore/swear that it was him or his exact doppelgänger -- especially as/bc the person was pulling "do you know who I am?" as his line of defence pre-brawl, at first to imply he was a VIP and then more that he was "street" and connected. The Ford lookalike called over one of the bouncers and told them by name that "we're going to knife these fuckers (my clients and I) in the lane-way". That resulted in the house lights coming up, the dancers running away, and us being separated by security before any bloodshed (which would have been inevitable, my sidekick was armed and I was ready for a bottle-smashing good time).

My clients just stood back and let my sidekick and I take care of things. They loved it. Was their best meeting in years. Questions about "was that guy a city councillor??" began the second we started walking away from the strip-club afterwards.

A few months later, when his mug was on the news one night, I recognized him as being the man I nearly clobbered in a peeler. A pot dealer visiting my friend's house, seeing footage of the Ford boys on TV and hearing me remark about the incident, exclaimed "yeah, so, do you know who that is? The 905 just elected my biggest hook-up as the mayor of Toronto. WTF is going on?"

Then, the rumours started coming in about the Fords from stunned friends in Etobicoke who knew the true side to them, stories of fights in strip-clubs and such, and that most of them had bought weed, hash or coke from them back in the day. The whispers and buzz about it obviously hasn't stopped among those circles since they became public figures.

Strip club aside, it's all made me a bit OCD about exposing the outsiders running my home town.

"It is entirely possible that Aboodowleh being misinterpreted as Aboodowieh was a mistake. I assume this form was handwritten. It's even possible it was a typo, if not."
You have to provide two pieces of Government Issued ID, one must be photo id for a Vulnerable sector screening. http://www.tcdsb.org/FORSTUDENTS/Heart in a Cage/volunteer manual.pdf is the information package from TCDSB with the board's policies and [urlhttp://www.torontopolice.on.ca/prcp/[/url] is the Toronto police site. Since 2011, you cannot have a Vulnerable Sector Screening done through online services such as MyBackCheck. I'm not sure if Ford's foundation or the individual would be required to provide the screening document but the net is, you can't have a typo on the form.

Last edited:
Yeah, my friend's acquaintance had gone on about Doug Ford being a drug dealer ages before the scandals broke. We just assumed that, coming from someone who claimed he'd bought hash from Doug in the first place, the rumours weren't that reliable. Little did we know.

Funny... Just irresponsibly putting this out there (humour me), but, I am 90% certain that I got into an altercation with Rob Ford at a strip club a year or two before the election.

Never shared this publicly before, but, the clients that I was entertaining that night swore/swear that it was him or his exact doppelgänger -- especially as/bc the person was pulling "do you know who I am?" as his line of defence pre-brawl, at first to imply he was a VIP and then more that he was "street" and connected. The Ford lookalike called over one of the bouncers and told them by name that "we're going to knife these fuckers (my clients and I) in the lane-way". That resulted in the house lights coming up, the dancers running away, and us being separated by security before any bloodshed (which would have been inevitable, my sidekick was armed and I was ready for a bottle-smashing good time).

My clients just stood back and let my sidekick and I take care of things. They loved it. Was their best meeting in years. Questions about "was that guy a city councillor??" began the second we started walking away from the strip-club afterwards.

A few months later, when his mug was on the news one night, I recognized him as being the man I nearly clobbered in a peeler. A pot dealer visiting my friend's house, seeing footage of the Ford boys on TV and hearing me remark about the incident, exclaimed "yeah, so, do you know who that is? The 905 just elected my biggest hook-up as the mayor of Toronto. WTF is going on?"

Then, the rumours started coming in about the Fords from stunned friends in Etobicoke who knew the true side to them, stories of fights in strip-clubs and such, and that most of them had bought weed, hash or coke from them back in the day. The whispers and buzz about it obviously hasn't stopped among those circles since they became public figures.

Strip club aside, it's all made me a bit OCD about exposing the outsiders running my home town.

Wait, are you a stripper, or a drug dealer? Or were you just conducting business inside a strip club for whatever reason? How did this altercation begin?

Yeah, my friend's acquaintance had gone on about Doug Ford being a drug dealer ages before the scandals broke. We just assumed that, coming from someone who claimed he'd bought hash from Doug in the first place, the rumours weren't that reliable. Little did we know.

Honestly, I thought it was all horse-shit and coincidences until the crack video story broke (especially with accusations coming second- and third-hand to me, often across generation gaps or from stoners/pot dealers).

Wait, are you a stripper, or a drug dealer? Or were you just conducting business inside a strip club for whatever reason? How did this altercation begin?

Business, working in a large company at the time and trying to land a big deal (which I did later that night in a hotel bar nearby).

When I was playing host to my clients near the strip-club, someone (probably me) joked about us all going to the peelers for a nightcap.

Would rather not get into specifics about how the altercation started: but, it was an innocent joke one of us made (not me) to the person in question (they were holding court with the strippers like a pimp) and he reacted like an angry, coked-up bull.

(For additional context, I don't do cocaine, never will, but am sometimes around it and offered it like anyone else living downtown. Everyone around me, in my industry, smokes pot. I smoke pot with varying frequency, often going years without any).

PS: Should add, now that I think of it, one of my clients identified him as being "on city council or something," saying he was concerned if he was, before the bouncers had even gotten us outside. Once outside, my clients debated who he was. Seeing the mood change, I tried to bolster the wild, fun time I'd shown them changing the topic to laughing at how fat and sweaty he was, saying "don't worry, he was probably a nobody".

Last edited:
Here's one thing to keep in mind. When they busted Rosie Rowbotham in the mid 80's, that created a vaccumm in the market. I suspect some stepped in to fill that for a few years.

Sad to hear Val, his wife, died last year. Rosie is good peeps.

There are often references to people who know first-hand about the Ford's nefarious activities but refuse to go public because of "intimidation". Does anyone have details on what intimidation Ford-style looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back