396     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 555     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 889     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
More details: the upcoming arrest I was told about last night is related to Lisi's network. Suspects have voluntarily come in for questioning. No arrests made.

More details: the upcoming arrest I was told about last night is related to Lisi's network. Suspects have voluntarily come in for questioning. No arrests made.

Darn. I was hoping it was show over. Anything related to Lisi will only indirectly incriminate Ford, which will mean nothing to Joe Warmington's readers. We need a silver bullet.

Doug doesn't collect a cheque from the City, and has a family to support, where does the money come from? You can only draw against Deco/Ford assets for so long. Creative accounting at Deco?

I strongly suspect that if we were to look at Deco's (real) books, we'd find that not all the money that passes through there is as pure as the driven snow.

I fully expect to read a Ford story that begins with with the words: "Forensic auditors today revealed..."

Bill Blair has all but confirmed that Rob Ford is under investigation. His interview with Matt Galloway back in June, I think, was most telling:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local+Shows/Ontario/Metro+Morning/ID/2391325876/

Matt Galloway: Is Rob Ford under investigation?

Bill Blair:
“Again, I’m not going to comment on this or any other investigation. We will do our work, we will present our evidence in the appropriate forum. The truth will come out.

Galloway: Yesterday you could have very easily exonerated Rob Ford—you could have explicitly said the mayor has nothing to do with the investigation we’re involved in right now. Why didn’t you do that?

Blair:
I’m unable to answer your question without violating the terms of the law and the spirit of the law. All of the information, all of the evidence we have collected…will be properly disclosed in a court of law.

I wish Galloway had followed this up with "Am I under investigation" to see if he could get Blair to give him a flat no.

That said, Blair's statement was pretty clear.

I completely agree. Why the media never asked him if, say, Martha Stewart was a subject of their investigation is beyond me.

It's Council meeting today and again Rob Ford shows where his priorities (if that's not an oxymoron) lie. He has 'held" several motions to name lanes and install traffic lights. Based on past meetings, he will eventually release his 'holds and the items will pass or they will go to a vote and he will be soundly defeated. He really DOES focus on the small things while far more major stuff (except subways, subways, subways) is ignored.

Doug doesn't collect a cheque from the City, and has a family to support, where does the money come from? You can only draw against Deco/Ford assets for so long. Creative accounting at Deco?

Although he states he gives his salary to charity, he still draws a salary from the city. The charity point is used by him to deny that he is actually a politician.

It's Council meeting today and again Rob Ford shows where his priorities (if that's not an oxymoron) lie. He has 'held" several motions to name lanes and install traffic lights. Based on past meetings, he will eventually release his 'holds and the items will pass or they will go to a vote and he will be soundly defeated. He really DOES focus on the small things while far more major stuff (except subways, subways, subways) is ignored.

He's a stubborn fool. He's going down in flames and is trying to make it look like it's business as usual.

I wasn't sure either, so I checked - Toronto Sun Oct/2010

" Just one day after he was elected to his brother's former council seat, Ford vowed he will donate his entire councillor salary of around $100,000 to community organizations during his entire four-year term."

If he's donating $100,000 to charities, he's getting one hell of a tax break off whatever income he gets from Deco

Ugh... that guy's back again. Ignore him. He comes up with a different twitter handle every once in a while and starts posting outrageous claims.

You can usually spot him by his twitter description/picture and his tweets. He'll have a pic of a gun or tweet a pic of a gun, suggest he has special skills and that he's standing up for the truth against endless opposition, etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back