4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetroMan, any inkling of it/when they stuff will leak to the press? I know that this is the toughest thing to predict, but I'm dying of curiosity.

It already has been leaked, that's how I'm able to report on tips. The media can't publish it however, since it is off the record. It will come out formally in no more than 2 weeks if the argument can be made to keep Ford's name from being redacted. I'm told though that even by blacking out his name, one can very easily assume he's the one being mentioned because of the context and what we already know about the investigation.

I figured there might be some overlap as the Ford camp might have tried to reach out via phone when the scandal first broke.

I wonder if the Crown will pursue charges in this, or if Ford might be called as a witness when the dealers come to trial?

Damn, if I was clerking with these guys, I'd grab those documents the first chance I got, copy and/or scan them, and send them out to as many people as possible. Of course I guess that's why I'm not in the legal profession :)

All this means is that his name won't be redacted from the documents though right? As far as I know this does not mean that the actual wire-taps will be released to the public. I don't think Ford Nation will react any differently to that than they reacted to the lack of an actual video of him smoking crack. Nothing is going to change until we can see the video and hear the wire-taps.

All this means is that his name won't be redacted from the documents though right? As far as I know this does not mean that the actual wire-taps will be released to the public. I don't think Ford Nation will react any differently to that than they reacted to the lack of an actual video of him smoking crack. Nothing is going to change until we can see the video and hear the wire-taps.

I like to think/hope that "warrants confirm Rob Ford caught on police wire taps soliciting crack" will carry more weight than "two Red Star comrades claim Rob Ford on video smoking crack that no one else has seen."

It probably would, but nothing says "it's real" like seeing/hearing something for yourself. For those in deep denial about Ford's problems, that may be what it takes.

No matter what comes forward, there will always be full on denialists, those people who continue to insist on the well used "ok, so it's just Rob Ford being Rob" strategy. After all, it's worked well so far.

BREAKING: I've received a tip that police have Ford on a wiretap soliciting drugs. Stand by.

Jonathan Goldsbie has just tweeted a link to this post and commented:

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 2m
(I cannot verify MetroMan's information in any way. But he's a person whose posts tend to be worth paying notice to.)

also:

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 22m
The lawyer who's leading the pursuit of Project Traveller warrants for the Star just joined Twitter: @RyderGilliland

It's not Christmas without a little snow.

84CxJpW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back