205     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 364     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 764     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, though, with the hype around the supposedly imminent release of the crack video vs. a reality in which that hasn't happened, I'm starting to believe (not really) that this is all a ghost story cooked up by the Star.

Maybe it is cause Ford has set the bar so low, but on a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 2. So he had a bit too much to drink at a street party, big deal. Who here hasn't had too much fun at an event where alcohol is served?

Now if there was footage of him trying to drive home, making racial slurs, harassing women, etc THEN we would have a Ford quality scandal on our hands.

Electify said:
Now if there was footage of him trying to drive home, making racial slurs, harassing women, etc THEN we would have a Ford quality scandal on our hands.

It doesn't seem like he had a bit too much to drink at a street party. He arrived that way. Just like he arrived at the Garrison Ball where he was asked to leave for acting oddly, and a couple other events where he played the fool.

There is footage of him reading while driving, and reports that he was cursed out by a TTC driver for running past the door. Sarah Thomson accuses him of harassing her (at another event where he was apparently in bad shape), and he has made unfortunate statements about the minority players on his football team (he also refers to black people in this video as "brother" which seems to me crude and ridiculous).

This is one incident in a series of incidents that shed light on his behaviour and judgement. At least now we know we can't believe Doug Ford when he says he's never seen him drink.

But some people want to be apologists and play devil's advocate here and can't quite connect the dots.

Last edited:
Maybe it is cause Ford has set the bar so low, but on a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 2. So he had a bit too much to drink at a street party, big deal. Who here hasn't had too much fun at an event where alcohol is served?

He admitted he was drinking. He appeared drunk, or worse, according to several eyewitness reports. There is video of him appearing drunk immediately after his arrival (the "I'm not driving! I'm not driving!" stuff). His staff and handlers say he didn't drink anything at the street party. He drove there himself.

There is no way he didn't drive drunk. That sort of thing is usually a big deal for politicians.

Didn't realize he arrived that way (haven't been following this one too closely), don't know what to say about that. Taste of the Danforth isn't the kind of event I would expect one to pre-drink to. Granted I've never been, so I don't know how much they charge for them there.

Unfortunately there will always be people who will believe what they choose to believe, regardless of what evidence one puts forth. These idiots are not worth losing sleep at night over. It should be clear as day that this guy has one hell of a drinking problem, if not a more serious substance abuse problem. I don't need (anymore) videos and reports of him acting out of it to confirm this.

He admitted he was drinking. He appeared drunk, or worse, according to several eyewitness reports. There is video of him appearing drunk immediately after his arrival (the "I'm not driving! I'm not driving!" stuff). His staff and handlers say he didn't drink anything at the street party. He drove there himself.

There is no way he didn't drive drunk. That sort of thing is usually a big deal for politicians.

So he did drive there? Like I said I haven't been following this, but everything I've heard so far is of him having too much "fun", not that there was speculation that he drove drunk.

You forgot to add that the 'majority' of taxpayers support him.

Good Lord this is one of the things I greatly dislike, along with the whole notion of the "silent majority". It's used way too often in North America as a high horse to shut people up- yes, there are people who support you, but you're supposed to represent everyone, not just your hand-picked, God-appointed segment of the population.

So he did drive there? Like I said I haven't been following this, but everything I've heard so far is of him having too much "fun", not that there was speculation that he drove drunk.

Well there doesn't seem to be any photos, video, eye witness reports of him drinking AT the Danforth. And we know he drove himself there...

read some of the previous posts in this thread... it's all there

"I have never seen Rob have a drink" - Doug Ford, March 2013

Anyone from Fraud Nation wish to dispute this quote?

Me, I could care less if the Mayor had a couple of drinks, but he was half in the can. That's not acceptable at a public event.

"The mayor’s brother, Councillor Doug Ford who co-hosts the show, said he arrived at the event about an hour later and the mayor “seemed alright.â€

“Rob and I are average guys,†he said on the show. “We go down to a festival, we have a couple of beers, you get everyone on you.â€

The Etobicoke councillor later clarified that he does not drink, and then said, “If Rob wants to go there, have a couple beers ... Have I seen my brother hammered in his life? Yeah I have. Have I seen him with a couple drinks? Yeah. But you ask anyone in his staff, in our family, you know Rob doesn’t sit there in public and start hammering away on drinks. It just never happens.â€"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ting-blown-out-of-proportion/article13703557/

"Responding to question from a caller to the show, the mayor, who has been urged by his brother and others to use a driver, said he drove himself to the event, but was driven home by staff.

[...]

A spokesman for the mayor’s office said Mr. Ford consumed beer at the event, not before, but could not provide details of how many drinks the mayor had, or where on the Danforth he had them."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ting-blown-out-of-proportion/article13703557/

He drove there. He admitted he did, eventually. But then he started to make up the story that he had a few drinks on the Danforth, which is an area he didn't get to until well after his drunken escapades started to get captured on video. The "I'm not driving!" video was taken right by his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back