1.9K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tip: That loon from yesterday was arrested at YYZ.

Surprised and a little scared he even made it to Toronto. Would have thought Homeland Security and Customs would have put him on the no fly list and flagged him if he tried to cross the border.

I wonder if the tip I sent in to Crime Stoppers is what did it in for him? Disturbing thought that the tip is what prevented the next mass shooting - and not the fact that he posted his manifesto, gun w/ID, and travel initary on the open internet.

Thanks, someone needed to say this. While i do believe what Metro man has been saying and he has been invaluable to this forum I'm inclined to believe some of the stuff lerouxb has been saying. Some of the stuff i'm inclined to take with a grain of salt as he seems to have a vendetta against the star of late, but the broader sense of his claims seems to have some validity to them. I'm very curious nonetheless as to who he is, making all these claims of diplomatic immunity and such. If he does indeed have all the power he claims to, i'm wondering though why he is so openly posting all of this information, seems rather irresponsible but nonetheless his track record from prior to this scandal is very intriguing.

He doesn't have the power he claims to. His "diplomatic passport" he photographed wasn't even a real one. And if he does have the power he claims, the American government has serious issues on their hands. They can't have their diplomats claiming that they're going to assassinate me members of the press in foreign countries.

If he is a diplomat, I hope that CSIS is giving him a good old fashioned "interrogation" right now.

It's his grandiose delusions that cast doubt on him, not anything that MetroMan has said to "discredit" him. Diplomatic passports, diplomatic immunity, and the scope of "inside information" he has on, well, everyone... all paint a picture of instability.

It's his grandiose delusions that cast doubt on him, not anything that MetroMan has said to "discredit" him. Diplomatic passports, diplomatic immunity, and the scope of "inside information" he has on, well, everyone... all paint a picture of instability.

I agree, his claims unrelated to his opinions and actions seem reasonable but when he puts his spin on it and like you said his manifesto then it just gets a weird feeling and i'm glad nonetheless he was stopped cause if he actually made it to yyz then it means that he isnt just a troll and he may have actually been intending to do what he said.

I wonder if the tip I sent in to Crime Stoppers is what did it in for him? Disturbing thought that the tip is what prevented the next mass shooting - and not the fact that he posted his manifesto, gun w/ID, and travel initary on the open internet.

Easy now - I think it's a bit of a stretch so say that he was coming here for a mass shooting. He *did* claim to have US Diplomatic Security Service agents with him (and that he works for the US Foreign Service), and it would make sense that he is stopped/detained at the border for that reason (or if he is carrying a weapon). MetroMan - can you confirm if he was merely detained at the airport/customs - or actually arrested? There's a bit of a difference. He was definitely threatening violence against Toronto Star employees, which was pretty stupid on his part.

Regarding the credibility discussion - the problem is the way he carries himself. His verbal threats and constant bragging-without-delivering (like that he found Doug Ford via his E-Passport and was going to post his GPS coordinates) really, really dont' do him any service, and if nothing else they reduce his credibility. Exaggeration does the same thing, even with anyone without the violent demeanour. What this guy should be doing is pairing up with a media outlet as a "consultant" and feed them the information he has or can get access to... or at least teach them how to get it so that they aren't constantly "buying" information.

According to NOW, Doug will bring the numbers re his billion dollars in savings claims to the radio show next week. That should be good.

If Doug Ford was a real man, he'd actually attend a roundtable discussion to discuss these numbers and open them up to criticism. But there's two possibilities: he's smart enough to know the criticisms and to know he can't defend them, so he stays inside the radio show format where he can insulate himself from the critique. The other option is that he's too much of a prick to actually care about having a dialogue about it.

I guess there's a third option, too - he's so used to getting his way and is so entitled that he thinks he's above reproach and critique, and he thinks a critical discussion is just "them" trying to bring "us" down, because "they" don't like us. No doubt the media coverage of his family is knocking a few of his screws loose...

...I guess there's a third option, too - he's so used to getting his way and is so entitled that he thinks he's above reproach and critique, and he thinks a critical discussion is just "them" trying to bring "us" down, because "they" don't like us. No doubt the media coverage of his family is knocking a few of his screws loose...

That's probably the best we can hope for. You'll likely never catch either Ford in a position to be thoroughly trounced by an informed debate opponent.

...Regarding the credibility discussion - the problem is the way he carries himself. His verbal threats and constant bragging-without-delivering (like that he found Doug Ford via his E-Passport and was going to post his GPS coordinates) really, really dont' do him any service, and if nothing else they reduce his credibility. Exaggeration does the same thing, even with anyone without the violent demeanour. What this guy should be doing is pairing up with a media outlet as a "consultant" and feed them the information he has or can get access to... or at least teach them how to get it so that they aren't constantly "buying" information.

Based on what I've read in his various forums/blogs is that he has partnered with several media orgs on the robocall stuff and apparently caught one of them feeding stuff back to the CPoC. His issues with the Star seem to be mostly with Daniel Dale who had a flame-war with him over the 'lockdown' stuff that he was posting about Friday.

My opinion: If this guy is just a troll, he is the most elaborate, Andy-Kaufman-esque troll that I've ever seen. He's kept this up for over a year now. UT is just learning about him cause he's wading in to the Rob Ford stuff. Anyone following #cdnpoli in the last 18 months is familiar with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back