599     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 633     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that. Rob Ford, the man with the moldy touch!

Ford could have easily been played by Gert Fröbe:

617314-rob-ford-gert-frobe.jpg

I'd argue that it's spelled mould not mold ... but I guess spelling it like a Yank probably is more fitting.

Which reminds me of the old joke:

Speaker at an Education Faculty graduation ceremony. "We welcome this new batch of recruits to help us mold young minds"

Response from audience: "Just what we want, mouldy young minds".

Last edited:
Good to see that the Sportsmen's Show is back at Exhibition Place's Direct Energy Centre. David Miller forced the Sportmen's Show to move for a time to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, which was not a wise move.

Here's Rob Ford meeting face to face with an owl, at the Sportmen's Show. See this link.

1vMET_SportsmensMayor0207_Content.jpg

Rob is the one on the left... in the photo. Might be discussing strategy for the next council meeting. Wonder if he's listening... Rob that is.

"Service excellence, guaranteed!" That's what Rob Ford said during his campaign. WRONG!

Our street has still not been plowed of snow, as of 9:30 AM Feb. 9th. The sidewalk plow did go through, once.

Under Lastman and Miller, our street would have been plowed by morning light. Even the big storm of 1999, when about 100 cm of snow fell, our street was plowed (no army personal on our street).

"Service excellence, guaranteed!" That's what Rob Ford said during his campaign. WRONG!

Our street has still not been plowed of snow, as of 9:30 AM Feb. 9th. The sidewalk plow did go through, once.

Under Lastman and Miller, our street would have been plowed by morning light. Even the big storm of 1999, when about 100 cm of snow fell, our street was plowed (no army personal on our street).

Shame mine has, actually most of Parkdale got plowed during the night...call if it has not been plowed after 16 hours of the last snowfall

Shame mine has, actually most of Parkdale got plowed during the night...call if it has not been plowed after 16 hours of the last snowfall

Did call 311 this morning (30 minute wait). Said by 3:00 PM should be done. Way over the time compared to the snowfalls of years past.

At all? I saw plows on the side streets down here at noon yesterday when I was heading out, and by the time I came back at 8 pm, you wouldn't have believed it, given how much snow was on the same street I'd seen plowed at noon.

Environment Canada is reporting this part of Toronto got 34 cm yesterday. Looking at the Toronto Star story in yesterday's paper that would be the biggest one-day dump since 1966.

(which yes, does ignore the huge storm on January 2, 1999 - but that had rather an odd distribution, when only 13 cm of snow fell at Pearson on that day (and no rain) and only 21.4 cm fell in 2-days for a total precip of 21.0 mm ... meanwhile at the weather station near UT on Bloor they recorded 38 cm of very wet snow and another 1 mm of rain in a single day, with a mind-boggling 52.0 mm of precipitation in 24-hours ... parts of Toronto a little further up the hill from Bloor must have had it all as snow and less wet, with closer to 50 cm of snow).

I didn't live in Toronto itself back then, but I don't recall from the media reports and request for Army intevention that Lastman had the streets all plowed by morning light.

As for Miller I remember numerous complaints after the winter of 2007/2008 about poor snow removal, that resulted in some operational changes for the city in the following year.

I can blame Ford for a lot of things ... I don't see that this is related. I was quiet impressed by how much snow equipment I saw around the city yesterday.

3pm is not bad considering what mother nature dumped on us...., cant blame RF for that:confused:

Why can't we blame Ford for that? When Miller was in office, the righties blamed him every time it rained, snowed or the sun didn't shine. So yeah, I blame Rob Ford for not opening up his big mouth and melting the snow, with all his hot air bull-s%&t. SUBWAYS, SUBWAY, SUBWAY! ;-P

Had to shovel my 89 year mother's drive to see her this afternoon. She's in west Scarborough. They plowed her street and blocked her driveway. Under Miller, they would clear snow blocking drives with a smaller plow at the same time they plowed the street. They would also clear her sidewalk. I had to do it today. Guess some of the snow plowing services under Miller and Lastman were considered gravy under Ford.

Had to shovel my 89 year mother's drive to see her this afternoon. She's in west Scarborough. They plowed her street and blocked her driveway. Under Miller, they would clear snow blocking drives with a smaller plow at the same time they plowed the street. They would also clear her sidewalk. I had to do it today. Guess some of the snow plowing services under Miller and Lastman were considered gravy under Ford.

Why can't we blame Ford for that? When Miller was in office, the righties blamed him every time it rained, snowed or the sun didn't shine. So yeah, I blame Rob Ford for not opening up his big mouth and melting the snow, with all his hot air bull-s%&t. SUBWAYS, SUBWAY, SUBWAY! ;-P

What a bunch of nonsense

The plows finally came on my street after 11 AM today. What bugs me is that cross-streets at the end of my block were done yesterday evening, after the snow tapered off. Could not understand why they couldn't my street twelve hours ago when the cross-streets where done, basically plowing block by block.

There hasn't been this much snow in one day in a few years, guessing the removal crews are out of practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back