208     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 310     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 534     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some serious double standards that Ford's inner suburb supporters seem to have.

just look at his absence over the past 10 pages, where's his defence of ford for kicking paying passengers off of a TTC bus for his football players?

Ummm the net debt after Miller left office was more than a BILLION dollars more than when he took over in 2003! For that alone he should have been run out of this city. His handling of unions, constant tax hikes, the MFP computer scandal, his introduction of the land transfer tax, the bike lanes on Jarvis, the fact no one in the burbs wants his vision of light rail...and his attendance in council was a joke. Gimme Ford over that bum any day.

This goes to show how much you are paying attention - MFP was on Lastman's watch, not Miller's.

How can you complain about an increase in debt, and at the same time complain about increased revenue tools designed to pay for that debt? You make no sense.

BTW I live in Scarborough, and, given $8.4B to work with, I agree with light rail.

De-amalgamation would accomplish all that and it would be easier to execute than changing the way our city hall works, I would imagine. I have no issue with the city keeping its name and size so long as its former cities are provided much larger amounts of independence in practice.

De-amalgamation means a complete separation of governance. For example, Mississauga does not get any of our tax income and we don't get any of theirs. There's no unified vision except for what scraps the province throws into the mix when they aren't too busy putting out their own fires.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater!

Did I just see Miller get blamed for the MFP scandal? WTF?!/! That's not just incorrrect, it's ironic. Truthiness isn't just a US-based disease, I guess.

I live downtown now actually, and although my family and many friends still live in Scarborough I will always hold the old neighborhood close to me and continue to volunteer time locally. No matter how long I live and work downtown I will always be Scarborough, it gives me a unique opinion on the mayor that I don’t think is shared as much on this downtown-centric board. I was asked to give a few reason’s Miller was a crappy mayor (which he was).

I was asked to give a few reason’s Miller was a crappy mayor (which he was).

In your opinion.

But you didn't address my point. Do you think it's acceptable for suburbanites to have a say in how bike lanes should be distributed through the core while it's not ok for downtowners to have a say on how public transit is built in the suburbs?

Ummm the net debt after Miller left office was more than a BILLION dollars more than when he took over in 2003! For that alone he should have been run out of this city. His handling of unions, constant tax hikes, the MFP computer scandal, his introduction of the land transfer tax, the bike lanes on Jarvis, the fact no one in the burbs wants his vision of light rail...and his attendance in council was a joke. Gimme Ford over that bum any day.

It's funny, almost all the things you hate Miller for, I think make Toronto a better city. Miller was a city builder, while Ford, clearly, cares not one bit about city building. MFP computer scandal? lol Wow, you really are grasping at imaginary straws.

Last edited:

You do realize that debt is accumulated due to capital projects right? And that Ford has done nothing to reverse that trend either?

His handling of unions

Yes, it simply took a recession for anyone to be able to handle the unions.

the MFP computer scandal

Really? It happened during his watch as mayor? Sorry, things aren't true by the virtue of repeating it a billion times. In fact, I am quite willing to wager the fools responsible for voting Mel in are the very same ones who voted Ford in.

constant tax hikes

And how many tax hikes is his worship presiding over now?

his introduction of the land transfer tax

And if Rob Ford is confident that he can find the supposed gravy, he can cut it *right now*.

the bike lanes on Jarvis

Which took his worship how much to scrub out?

the fact no one in the burbs wants his vision of light rail.

As opposed to the private sector subway that Ford managed to build? You will have to remind me how much additional new money he managed to wring out of his buddy Harper/Flaherty over the last two years for that.

and his attendance in council was a joke

At least he wasn't doing so to go to coach football - but to represent the city. You know, real work?

AoD

Last edited:
14 year old girl learns from The Master. "Subways, subways, subways."

Mayor Rob Ford shared the limelight with Caprice Herjavec, who was “Mayor for a Day†on Friday, and the 14-year-old proved to be a quick study.

Asked what one thing she would do, if she could, during her stint at Toronto city hall, the Havergal College student did not miss a beat. “Um, I was advised that subways are very important,†she told reporters, as Rob Ford beamed and gave a thumbs up in the background. “And since they’re underground they won’t harm the beautiful environment.â€

“Subways, subways, subways,†said the mayor, a mantra she then echoed.

Caprice’s dad, former “dragon†on the CBC’s Dragons’ Den Robert Herjavec, bid on the Mayor for a Day opportunity at an auction at Rob Ford’s Ball for the Arts.

Caprice, who is a national level competitive swimmer, sat in on the parks and recreation meeting, took a tour of the observation deck, and read a proclamation for Let’s Get Physcially Active Day.

Did Mr. Ford give her any tips? “Besides the subways…†she began. “When in doubt, go back to subways,†chimed in Mr. Ford. âœThat’s what I was told,†said Caprice.

Ford gave the police union a generous 11% raise over three years. That is considered union busting, or stopping the gravy train?

I suppose Rob Ford saw the error of his ways, and demanded a 10% police budget cut a year later. But why give someone a raise, when you can't afford it?

Terrible leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back