513     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 527     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, even better than not making a spectacle at all is allowing for a laughably failed attempt at spectacle. No better way to turn off the whole city than to allow full exposure of Doug's self-aggrandizing asshole personality.

There's something to be said for this, and I freely admit to a warm glow in my cold, cynical heart at the thought of the entire brouhaha falling flat due to lack of interest from the general public. That certainly appears to be the direction things are going in, the local media's attempts at drumming up interest notwithstanding. Such an utter failure would surely be occasion for a shitload of cruel and derisive laughter, and if events do indeed fall out this way, I bet there'd be plenty of it. (The whole sorry situation is beginning to remind of Slob's drunken forays amidst his supposed fans, where he was surrounded by people openly laughing and jeering at him.) And yet...wouldn't that also make the city look, well, bad? Do we really need to confront something that never should have been an issue to begin with?

many people spend too much of their time on facebook etc. I'm not so sure these accounts are Renata's but if I was buzzed out after my husband died I might be prone to mess around on the internet to kill time and emotions. If the account is hers it pretty much lives up to what we thought of their political views.

Man, I would love it if someone had the skills to do the same video with the same song, but with all the REAL clips of RoFo

I wonder how many Ford supporters are really going to take a day off work to go to this funeral thingy?

For a closed casket?

Attachments

• nothing-to-see-here-pt1-lores-1.gif
    nothing-to-see-here-pt1-lores-1.gif
    192.7 KB · Views: 205
Why would Wynne go anywhere near that hot mess? If it's that big a deal she can just tell the Lt Gov to go.

I guess no one -has- to or is -obligated- to attend but it might be a show of good manners if they do. Not sure they'd walk behind the hearse or horse and buggy :) they might call for a taxi after all that's what Rob would have done

The Fords and their Nation hate people who ignore them but this is starting to feel like Doug's epic fail at the Etobicoke rally for Harper, which pissed off a lot of people even diehard Conservatives. That was a kind of funeral for Stevie. And remember Doug saying he thought it went quite well and played no part in Harper's defeat. The whole glorious FoFam couldn't attract a crowd and coast to coast people commented on the desperation shown.

Leger poll last month found that 80% of Canadians HATED the Trump, and its the rest that Doug's trying to appeal to. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't try to float the idea of building yuuge walls around residential group homes as a public safety measure. Notice not a peep out of him about safe injection sites? Oh, right, the past is the past and the Fords never needed them.

The Fords and their Nation hate people who ignore them but this is starting to feel like Doug's epic fail at the Etobicoke rally for Harper, which pissed off a lot of people even diehard Conservatives. That was a kind of funeral for Stevie. And remember Doug saying he thought it went quite well and played no part in Harper's defeat. The whole glorious FoFam couldn't attract a crowd and coast to coast people commented on the desperation shown.

This whole thing is starting to have a real Weekend at Bernie's vibe if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back