395     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 589     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm just saw that looking back. Oh well, I'm going to keep following him for now, hes still posting some interesting stuff even if its false. said he has a source inside the toronto star and that hes had a couple other confirmations about the meeting. If what hes saying is right though the lock down wont be until after the meeting and he hasn't mentioned it ending yet.. Knows how to spin a good story either way hah

mauditanglais @larouxb 16m -- Not that it matters, but a second media organization is onto the #RobFord story I broke a while ago. #cdnpoli #onpoli #topoli

Sting Sting Sting @stingstingsting 8m -- @larouxb Which story was that?

mauditanglais @larouxb 6m -- @stingstingsting About TStar having an editors mtg and lockdown. Sorry I had several sources all confirm, much to the Twitterati chagrin.

:confused:

Meanwhile no tape...just the Star and the Ford haters trying to drum up support for a cause Torontonians don’t even care about. Heaven forbid we elect someone who asks what these people do in city hall all day...gimme an election NOW so we can settle this once and for all...The Toronto Star is a joke.

You're confusing the US news site Gawker with the Toronto Star again. Gawker broke the story.

mauditanglais @larouxb 16m -- Not that it matters, but a second media organization is onto the #RobFord story I broke a while ago. #cdnpoli #onpoli #topoli

Sting Sting Sting @stingstingsting 8m -- @larouxb Which story was that?

mauditanglais @larouxb 6m -- @stingstingsting About TStar having an editors mtg and lockdown. Sorry I had several sources all confirm, much to the Twitterati chagrin.

:confused:

I really have to think this is related to the court case. Does anyone know when the guy from Fort McMurray was scheduled to appear? Because if Doolittle/Donovan were there and can confirm that it's one of the guys they met regarding the video, that would be massive and could be a good reason to keep mouths shut while the story is worked on.

Toronto Sun editor was given pitch for Ford video, but declined

SIMON HOUPT — The Globe and Mail

An editor in the Toronto Sun newsroom received a call from someone shopping around the video that is alleged to show mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine before Gawker and the Star broke the story almost two weeks ago, but the offer was short on specifics and did not mention drug use, according to the paper’s editor, so it was dismissed.

re: Resignation

At this rate, they should ask HSRDC to expedite hiring "neutral" foreign workers to staff the office given all the locals are probably too "biased" for the job.

That, and I am sure it is cheaper.

AoD

Toronto Sun editor was given pitch for Ford video, but declined

SIMON HOUPT — The Globe and Mail

An editor in the Toronto Sun newsroom received a call from someone shopping around the video that is alleged to show mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine before Gawker and the Star broke the story almost two weeks ago, but the offer was short on specifics and did not mention drug use, according to the paper’s editor, so it was dismissed.

Hadn't we already heard about this?

I wonder what the interview an office position would be like...

MetroMan:

He will probably just stonewall in his office and hope the weekend will make the press forget about the episode.

AoD

Last edited:
"Are you now, or have you ever been, a reader of the Toronto Star?"

"No."

"Welcome aboard!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back