1.3K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 612     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, Ford. You can't do that.

Dear Sir:

Re: Toronto Star article dated May 29, 2013 "Rob Ford former staffers email, telephone records ordered destroyed: sources"

This afternoon, I became aware of the above article alleging that certain email and telephone records of three former staff members of your office were ordered to be destroyed. As I am sure you can appreciate, as the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, I was alarmed by this allegation. Any inappropriate destruction of records has the potential to seriously erode the public's trust and confidence in the City of Toronto as an accountable and transparent government institution.

As you know, as Mayor, you are considered an officer of the City for purposes of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). As such, records in your custody or control are subject to the public's right of access under MFIPPA. While some of these records may be excluded from MFIPPA on the basis that they are constituency or personal records, their premature destruction would prevent a member of the public from making a request for access to these records and having a determination made by the City and, if necessary, by my office, as to whether access should be granted.

Could you please immediately confirm that these records have not, nor will be, destroyed. In the event that records have already been deleted, could you please provide me with details of these deletions, and also immediately take all necessary steps to recover these records.

Sincerely yours,

Ann Cavoukian, Ph.D.

Commissioner

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has seen any signs in business saying "Ford must go" ??? It is not long before this starts to happen-- my barber just told me he is about to put up such a sign.
Then of course in the 'burbs you'd see "Ford is innocent, hands of Ford", because the city is polarised now.

Since when did the rules prevents him from doing what's opportune? If anything, he could just attack Ann as being "the lefty pinko elite" whose position should be cut by the new PCPO government. Oops, I forgot, the latter isn't even acknowledging the brother's interest in being nominated.

AoD

Metroman, you seem to have a few ins, do you have answers to any of these? Any other news today that might be brought to the front?

- Are reporters starting to suspect that Rob has paid off the videographers?
- Supposed to be more resignations today - is this true?
- How close is the video from being brought forward?

I lost my inside source with the resignations on Monday. I was told though that 3 staffers were considering quitting over the prior weekend and would do so on Monday. There's still one outstanding. The general air in the office was very tense and staffers loyal to fired chief of staff Mark Towhey are fidgety and likely to resign sooner or later.

Any predictions on the video? Some notes from John Cook:

John Cook ‏@johnjcook said:
I don't know with confidence where the Rob Ford video was or is being stored. It could have been moved repeatedly. But...
…I do know that the entrance to a certain apt complex on Dixon Rd. in Toronto is monitored by security that logs each car entering...
…and requires either an access pass or an invitation from a residence to get in. I presume the entrances are monitored by video as well.

https://twitter.com/johnjcook

However, some have noted that security does regularily clear their logs out of privacy concerns, so not so much possibility on that front.

Called it! - from Twitter:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m

Doug Ford: "They have an ex-employee who's very disgruntled right now who's going out there making up these fictitious stories..."
___

Character-assassinating your ex-employees just makes them all that much more inclined to stay silent. And these ex-employees aren't exactly lefty-pinkos either.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back