249     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 684     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
To compare columnists from the Sun to columnists at the Star is ridiculous. The Sun is not a serious news organization, it's Fox News North. The Sun is all about twisting half truths to manipulate public opinion. I used to be a regular reader, years ago but at some point, I just couldn't put up with their Fox News tactics. They have ZERO credibility with me.

No disagreement from me on the Sun. I think they should be qualified as a tabloid at this point. My point was I disagree with the Sun's views (for the reasons you noted) along with the Star's (for ideological reasons). So I only read them for the humour. Yes, the Star will have an opinion on something I agree with occasionally, but it is very rare. Mallick, Goar, Hume (when he opines on Ford) are all utterly pointless to me except for the humour. Royson James is the best of the bunch, but again, I rarely agree.

On a side note the Sun paper is bad enough, but anytime I've watched Sun TV.....yikes, now that's some crazy crap...........

This is why the Star's frustrating for me. They're excellent with investigative journalism, and some news, but I completely disagree with their opinions.

Of course, the ironic thing is each attempt to destroy evidence just end up generating even more of it.
I might be willing to get in trouble for successfully destroying evidence if the evidence was of my smoking crack with murdered drug dealers.

That said, I can't imagine that the city doesn't do regular backups and archives of its emails. I would think they would be required to statutorily.

I hope that someone is tracking where the trash from the Mayor's Office is going, so shredded documents can be recovered if necessary.

I might be willing to get in trouble for successfully destroying evidence if the evidence was of my smoking crack with murdered drug dealers.

That said, I can't imagine that the city doesn't do regular backups and archives of its emails. I would think they would be required to statutorily.

I hope that someone is tracking where the trash from the Mayor's Office is going, so shredded documents can be recovered if necessary.

Its an interesting tradeoff - the video (if it surfaces) is undoubtedly more politically damaging, long term. But if it surfaced there still isn't, legally speaking, any way to get rid of him.

On the other hand, deleting public records is a crime - if caught he could be forcibly removed from office. But he could in theory run again and the fallout might not be as damaging long term.

bobbob911:

But his office won't be able to do it by themselves- City IT will have to go along with it and they will literally be complicit in the crime. I am doubtful that any seasoned IT personnel would put themselves in fire like that.
AoD

Last edited:
At the news conference you could hear one of the reporters shouting "Is it true that three more staffers are quitting?" I wonder what they've heard.

Its an interesting tradeoff - the video (if it surfaces) is undoubtedly more politically damaging, long term. But if it surfaced there still isn't, legally speaking, any way to get rid of him.

On the other hand, deleting public records is a crime - if caught he could be forcibly removed from office. But he could in theory run again and the fallout might not be as damaging long term.

Funny thing is that we'll see the video either way. The easiest and best thing for Ford to have done is resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back