News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.9K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
kfqZUNd.png

Raised and cashed out yesterday. Whoever donated to this other campaign: you've been fooled.

Not necessarily. I'm not 100% but it's likely that it takes time for the transfer of funds to Indiegogo, then additional time for the transfer of funds to the campaign fund raiser. Hopefully that process doesn't exceed the 5 days remaining on the Crackstarter, and that the fund raiser transfers the funds into it.

It does say that funds raised will go to CAMH, so hopefully they'll follow through with that.

From that campaign's page

Commented on:
Buy the Rob Ford drug tape
6 days ago

Guys, we'll absolutely do what is best for moving forward, be it combining our funds with the John Cook campaign, or donating to charity.

Raised and cashed out yesterday. Whoever donated to this other campaign: you've been fooled.

Kerry Morrison made that and from my understanding that amount was (or I guess will be?) put into the other Rob Ford campaign. Not sure how it works. I guess its possible he could have skimmed some off the top but given that he used his real name (and its all electronic) it probably would be a stupid thing to do.

Last edited:
My only concern is interference by Toronto Police could prevent this video from ever being shown to the public.
That would involve something like arresting a person(s) and trying to explain to the pubic in a press conference exactly why the video is being suppressed. Way too hot politically for the cops to go that route.

Kerry Morrison made that and from my understanding that amount was put into the other Rob Ford campaign. I guess its possible he could have skimmed some off the top but given that he used his real name it probably would be a stupid thing to do.

I've been following Crackstarter closely. There was no $2,500 contribution. The biggest single contribution besides Gawker's was one of $1,000 by somebody other than Kerry Morrison and before this other campaign ended.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford admits he has a drug problem, goes into rehab, runs for mayor again and wins. Toronto is an angry city and Ford feeds that anger. Rather than trying to unify the city and find common ground Ford lives on divisiveness and anger...and, unfortunately it works.

That would involve something like arresting a person(s) and trying to explain to the pubic in a press conference exactly why the video is being suppressed. Way too hot politically for the cops to go that route.

Also, I would like to think that Gawker will upload this to a private cloud account the moment they get their hands on this. That way, no one can ever really take it from them.

I was at a fundraising dinner thingy last night and a councillor was at my table, with another in earshot. Both made pretty good Rob Ford jokes as the night progressed. The whole thing has council mystified.

At current rates the fund is projected to hit $200,000 sometime tomorrow morning:

This is amongst the worst extrapolations of data I have seen in this thread yet. It is in no way meaningful to take a 15-minute period and extrapolate it through 24 hours as if it will be consistent for that period. That's not how this works.

My source tells me "Rob is raging mad right now". Towhey's firing is looking like a heated argument reaching a boiling point. It's going to be harder and harder to contain the Mayor. We might just see Councillor Ford come out before this is all done.

Rob-Ford.jpg

This is amongst the worst extrapolations of data I have seen in this thread yet. It is in no way meaningful to take a 15-minute period and extrapolate it through 24 hours as if it will be consistent for that period. That's not how this works.

045.jpg

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 352

Agreed. That's pretty horrible for somebody who claims to be "interested in data". From my observations, it's looking like when people wake up on Saturday we'll be close and there will be a daylong effort to finish it. My guess is Saturday by dinner time we'll have reached the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back