380     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 513     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 636     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect they have each other on speed dial. Whenever things are quiet Doug needs to stir up a little shit. He can't help himself.
He's like civic herpes - he showed up after an ill-advised dalliance and now here's here for life. Any time you think he's gone you get your dick burnt by a scorching flare-up that reminds you of you past mistakes.

You guys watch this doc on the Dixon Bloods? It suggests the whole gang might be a fiction created by cops. They've taken isolated incidents and lumped them together under the Dixon Bloods brand. Interesting to see the crack video broker chatting with the Ford's cop/chief protector Traverner.

Yeah, I saw that. Pretty terrible video. "No, they aren't wearing red bandanas over their faces because they're in a gang, it's because red is such a vibrant colour."

Uh-huh.

I also liked the "I've never heard of that gang. There are no gangs here." Cut to gangster talking about the gang he's in. Or the "I've never seen any violence here or any trouble, and I've lived here for 19 years." just before the bit about shootings there.

It's a shame that the video is so crap, since they do have some good points - the trespassing thing for example - but that gets swallowed up by the whole "maybe there is a gang, maybe there isn't, we'll never know!" crap.

Yeah, I saw that. Pretty terrible video. "No, they aren't wearing red bandanas over their faces because they're in a gang, it's because red is such a vibrant colour."

Uh-huh.

I also liked the "I've never heard of that gang. There are no gangs here." Cut to gangster talking about the gang he's in. Or the "I've never seen any violence here or any trouble, and I've lived here for 19 years." just before the bit about shootings there.

It's a shame that the video is so crap, since they do have some good points - the trespassing thing for example - but that gets swallowed up by the whole "maybe there is a gang, maybe there isn't, we'll never know!" crap.
Ya, I found them a bit hard to believe too. But I think in terms of the organized crime scale those guys are fairly low on the totem pole.

An amusingly ironic image I found in this link
http://www.planetizen.com/node/86508/has-portland-lost-its-way

Photo%20for%20Planetizen%20-%20Mehaffy.jpg

I'm sure you all did a double take at that signage in the left picture..

That is actually a half decent column from Warmington. Mikey says he won't be attacking Tory and Worms admits he has zero experience.

The hardcore anti-Tory people in Ford Nation might be turned off by that respectful tone.

Last edited:

You guys watch this doc on the Dixon Bloods? It suggests the whole gang might be a fiction created by cops. They've taken isolated incidents and lumped them together under the Dixon Bloods brand. Interesting to see the crack video broker chatting with the Ford's cop/chief protector Traverner.

You're a couple of decades younger than me Jimmi but I remember when Dixon was commonly referred to as Little Mogadishu when the Somali refugees started arriving and we learned that one of the households there consisted of the wife of an active Somali warlord, and their kids who, tho on welfare here, were known to travel back home for family visits. (That was well before the Khadrs.)

Its interesting to me that the timeline started with a 2011 shooting and proceeded to the Traveler raids as the big cop smackdown retrieving an armoury of guns, cash and drugs. I also remember after the big Presser displaying the loot and some media later reporting that the cops had hauled out a pile of hardware they already had in the evidence lockup because the stuff they'd picked up at Dixon hadn't been processed yet. It was just for a visual for the press to illustrate the haul.

Seeing Taverner and Farah at the drop-in/community centre was interesting. Only Taverner was smiling while the 'natives' squirmed as he praised the cops' "outreach" efforts in the community.

I also remember the series of ITO drops that landed on City Hall's mayor's office and then waited, and waited, and waited for TPS' follow thru which was blocked by the higher-ups (I suspect Fantino). Then Chief Blair exited and went to his reward in Ottawa and I predict Lisi's going to walk so we can all put this sad tale behind us until Dixon may once again prove useful to the official narrative of Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back