223     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 476     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 596     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why they're delaying. If I was in charge of the decision I'd be hiring a polling company to see who has the best chance of winning as there won't be much of a campaign period.

It would be awfully embarrassing to pull Mike out of his trustee spot only to have him lose Ward 2.
Trustees don't need to resign their spots to run. It's just unusual because a by-election means that the trustee and council votes aren't on the same day.

This Mikey vs. Doug banter is just to generate interest and to raise Mikey's profile via proximity to Doug.

Just had this guy follow me on Twitter:
Cfh9IJEWcAAtWog.jpg

https://twitter.com/thepeopleshope
That guy is everywhere and has been around for years

Looking back at the last municipal elections when Mikey was running for council it came abundantly clear Michael was a mere puppet with uncle Doug setting the rules. Mikey was not allowed to participate in debates and I remember one or two volunteers at his "camping" office complaining about Mikey being lazy and couldn't be bothered working. Would be interesting to see if there will be a repeat performance. One thing for sure if Michael gets elected to council, he leaves a vacant school board seat, which means there will be a possible by election.

So Dan Jacobs registered the Elect Micheal Ford website... yup yup... right or shortly after Robbie died and no doubt at the instructions of his grieving brother Douggie. This family has got to be worst flock of vultures!

They really are sounding more and more like the Borg Collective.

Also, I want it to be Doug; only because he hates it so much . . . and he's so bad at it.

That's what I see as the paradox: Doug probably stands a better chance of winning if he runs. People would vote for him as an ersatz Rob. But he hates the councillor job, hates council and probably has contempt for his constituents. He'd rather run for a higher office.

Mikey could win on name alone. And he might be good at it, and he might want to. But maybe the school trustee job is enough for him and it's what he'd be best at. Doug might encourage him to run so there's a Ford in the seat and Uncle Dougie can focus on failing to get into provincial politics.

I know that if Doug ran and won, his attendance would probably be on par with his previous time as councillor, in which he missed 53% of votes in 2014 and 30% overall. Maybe Mikey would put in more of an effort and actually show up.

Doug Ford introduced us to his co-Mayor concept only to prove to us that he used this "authority" to jump in and prove to be even more offensive and irrelevant than Rob in office while on council.

May be most likely Doug runs for the vacant seat and Mikey, while still a school board trustee - its only part-time anyway, kinda like councillor is for Doug - assumes the co-councillor position in preparation for the next election, whichever one FordCo decides to go for.

Doug Ford introduced us to his co-Mayor concept only to prove to us that he used this "authority" to jump in and prove to be even more offensive and irrelevant than Rob in office while on council.

May be most likely Doug runs for the vacant seat and Mikey, while still a school board trustee - its only part-time anyway, kinda like councillor is for Doug - assumes the co-councillor position in preparation for the next election, whichever one FordCo decides to go for.

Maybe if Doug becomes councillor some investigative reporter can finally prove that a Ford is a liar and a crook, maybe uncover something about Deco, without supporters braying that he should be left alone because he's sick.

Looking back at the last municipal elections when Mikey was running for council it came abundantly clear Michael was a mere puppet with uncle Doug setting the rules. Mikey was not allowed to participate in debates and I remember one or two volunteers at his "camping" office complaining about Mikey being lazy and couldn't be bothered working. Would be interesting to see if there will be a repeat performance. One thing for sure if Michael gets elected to council, he leaves a vacant school board seat, which means there will be a possible by election.

So Dan Jacobs registered the Elect Micheal Ford website... yup yup... right or shortly after Robbie died and no doubt at the instructions of his grieving brother Douggie. This family has got to be worst flock of vultures!
Yeah, but in that case Mikey knew from the beginning that his name wouldn't make it to the council ballot (or if he did, it would be because they were on to Plan B or C). He registered and kept his mouth shut because there was no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back