76     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 258     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Robbie wears his red tracksuit...

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 12.50.01 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 12.50.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 12.50.01 PM.png
    349.9 KB · Views: 555
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/04/power-women-and-ford-damage-all-in-a-week

As MPs returned to the Hill last week, I ran into some Conservative MPs from Ontario who said they were gob-smacked -- and not in a good way -- when they saw Stephen Harper team up at a rally with former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford in the final week of the campaign.

"I lost five points in three days," said one.

"What the hell was headquarters thinking," said another.

They were deluged by angry calls and e-mails from supporters. One insider told me that, a week before election day, Conservative Alex Nuttall was set to win by a few thousand votes in the new-for-2015 riding of Barrie-Springwater-Oro-Medonte. But supporters abandoned Nuttall after they saw Harper and Ford together. In the end, Nuttall won by a razor-thin 86 votes and only after a judicial recount.

I has been waiting to hear how some safe CPC people lost support thanks to Rob Ford. Dropping five points in three days is huge.

Last edited:

from that article...
It also urges that the roles of trustees and senior staff be clearly spelled out, and ongoing professional development provided, “because the blurrred [sic] lines of responsibility contribute” to the poor working environment and governance issues.

While panel members looked at options such as appointing trustees or having them elected city-wide — instead of to 22 individual wards — they also heard how elected officials can be great advocates who helped parents find resolutions to issues from a large, too often unresponsive bureaucracy.

However, the panel does recommend trustees not overstay their welcome, limiting them to three consecutive terms, or about 12 years.

Details of Hall’s report come the same day that Quebec tabled legislation that would keep school boards, but get rid of elections and instead create councils of parents, teachers, staff and community members.

with reference to the part i made bold... i'm guessing that's the main issue here. imagine (for example) being senior staff (therefore having all the knowledge and experience that comes with that) and having newbie trustees think they know better... that would be tough to navigate.

what is a trustee's mandate? all i can really find are references like this...
whether trustees have expanded their role beyond their mandate.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/16/education-minister-unveils-new-tdsb-panel

but can't find a clear summary of what their mandate is. anyone know?

this thread is still going? wow .... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back