3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treasure Cay? Hope Town?
So, now Rob's in the Bahamas?!?

Further evidence, if any were needed, that he still cannot risk trying to enter the U.S.

He is a cheapskate. He would not go to Jamaica and the Bahamas on even the lowest cost crappy package if he could borrow his mother's condo in Florida as he used to do.

Last edited:
Or maybe he wanted to go to the Bahamas?

Who wants to go to the Bahamas (or Florida) in July?

Bahamians coming home for summer vacation, if Bajans are any parallel. Also, folks who own second homes coming for summer vacations, although in Rob's case that would mean Florida rather than Bahamas.

Barbados is having a very strong 'Crop Over' tourist season this year, actually, with a surprisingly high percentage of Brits around. /offtopic

NEWSTALK1010

A 'target' date for Sandro Lisi's extortion trial has been set for April 25. Five weeks have been set aside and it'll be tried by a jury.
we have to wait another 9 months?!? that will make it about 3 years after the 'alleged' extortion... why would it take so long? parts of project traveller made it to trial in about 2 years. does it come down to whether or not someone is entering a guilty plea?

I know Ibiza ain't Tunisia, but maybe the recent terrorist vibe is a factor. Barbados doesn't seem to be Taliban territory. They don't even have real pirates that go Arrrrr! (Ask Rink Rat about the Bajan "pirate" ships. :)

Speaking of which, a good booze cruise would be Robbie 's kind of thing. Bit of a pity Cap'n John's Jadran didn't leave with a Ford fundraising piss-up on board, and Triumph blasting out Rock and Roll Machine. I guess we can't have everything.

Who wants to go to the Bahamas (or Florida) in July?
Why not? I just returned from a week in Jamaica. I had vacation days scheduled and have done the staycation/driving distance ON/QC vacation a bunch of times in the last few years. The idea that Caribbean vacations are somehow reserved for "escaping winter" is silly. Any time is a good time to go there.

Interesting choice of Bahamian location, though... not so well known. Certainly someone recommended it to him and maybe set it up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back