522     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Ford saying in that interview that he did not receive a general anaesthetic ("they didn't put me out"), only a regional block ("they just froze the area"): I checked with some anaesthesiologists. In sum, what Ford said is utter nonsense. They would have started him off with a thoracic epidural (which likely would not have worked terribly well, due to his being a hyper obese patient) and then given him a general anaesthetic. He would have been "under" for >90% of the time (and probably for some time in the recovery room, as it is difficult to time the ending of the effect of general anaesthetics in hyper obese patients). So, either Ford knows that he received a general anaesthetic and was lying regarding something about which he had no need to lie (which of course is far from unknown for him) or he does not actually recall what happened after he received the thoracic epidural (which is high likely) combined with the fact that not knowing what happened never gets in the way of him speaking as if he does.

Maybe because it's a label, and labels are Deco's specialty. Self-promotion, you see ;-)

Oh, and among all the aesthetic gaffes, there's also the current Deco-logo incarnation with the silly "& Tags" add-on, which they seem to be using in all their promos these days

decolabels.jpg
Not to mention the scrunched DECO.

There's no change of address, DECO has been at that address for at least 4 years. You can go to the address (well, to the freeway near it) on Google StreetView and look right at the building and it has a DECO logo on it, and there's a StreetView shot of it from Sep 2011 (there's one from 2008 too but I find it too blurry).

If he ran out of his own business cards he'd still need to have that sticker made up and printed to put over top of other business cards, which takes time. Why not just print more "Doug Ford" business cards? It makes no sense.

Maybe Doug uses the same business card for all the Deco locations and then sticks whatever address on that applies at the time?

Maybe Deco is a successful company, but I don't think labels and tags are what they are making money from ...

Maybe Doug uses the same business card for all the Deco locations and then sticks whatever address on that applies at the time?

Maybe Deco is a successful company, but I don't think labels and tags are what they are making money from ...

It is obviously a "sampler" card made to show off all of Deco's *ahem* precision labeling capabilities.

Regarding Ford saying in that interview that he did not receive a general anaesthetic ("they didn't put me out"), only a regional block ("they just froze the area"): I checked with some anaesthesiologists. In sum, what Ford said is utter nonsense.

He wasn't talking about his surgery in that interview, he was talking about them putting in a second drain, no? Or perhaps even something more routine like regularly drawing off some excess fluid buildup, which based on my experience is simply done with a great big needle.

He wasn't talking about his surgery in that interview, he was talking about them putting in a second drain, no? Or perhaps even something more routine like regularly drawing off some excess fluid buildup, which based on my experience is simply done with a great big needle.

In the immortal words of Roseanne Roseannadanna: "Never mind."

he had a new drainage bag attached to his leg, so it definitely wasn't just done by needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back