208     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 2.3K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice for anyone attending tomorrow's debate: If you do not support Doug Ford, you will not be allowed inside. The parking lot will be available for Tory supporters and we'll have two folding chairs on the lawn for the Chow campaign. That is all.

whether Doug is at tomorrow's debate or not, his goons will be there. They were handed their instructions and stacks of $20s well in advance. If Doug decides to boycott, FN will come and drone and yell through other candidates answers to make sure nothing constructive can happen. It's going to be a shitshow.

She probably has better info than we do...

I wonder. Tonight has really crystallized that the Chow camp has settled on a strategy of complete non-engagement with the Fords, just pretending they don't exist and keeping the focus 100% on Tory. They're not stupid people, they know countless voters' top priority is to see the Fords put in their place. And it's not like Chow doesn't have the backbone to do it. So WHAT, I wonder, is the reasoning for avoiding it? Could they somehow know Doug won't make it to election day? I too can't help wondering if they've got something, some game-changer piece of info, because otherwise the play makes very little sense.

I wonder if this will affect who Toronto votes for?

Joe w.

Where is it going to be?

What is it going to be?

Who is it going to be?

With the threat of terror in your own country, perhaps your own city, all people seem to be able to do is ask questions without answers — and then wait.

It’s difficult to respond to perception, hearsay or hypotheticals even if they make your blood boil and skin crawl.

But the NBC report in the United States that “intelligence officials tell NBC News that Canadian authorities have heard would-be terrorists discussing potential ISIS-inspired ‘knife and gun’ attacks against U.S. and Canadian targets inside Canada” and that “both U.S. and Canadian officials fear the beheading of an innocent person in a public place, or the slashing of citizens on a crowded street until police arrive to shoot and martyr the terrorists” has scared people to no end.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/09/on-guard-for-terrorist-attack

Any chance we can get these ISIS terrorists to debate the Christian/Jewish Doug Ford in a Dark alley with Worms calling the play by play? The footage would be epic.

I love this part: "But the NBC report in the United States that" - wow - so that is a noun as an adjective describing a country as "United" - Can I get a job at The Scum (or Scrotum)?

Last edited:
Had hopes for her. Lost to me now. Whoever is running that clownshow ought to be exposed so that they never work in knife-fight, gong show politics again. The miscalculations are awesome in the old sense of that much degraded word. I once stupidly posted here that if it looked like Tory would win I would vote R. Ford. Well, regrets, I've had a few, but that is one to mention.

This city can't handle the truth.

So, otherwise politically unsuccessful, Old-Boy, UCC, Harper-invited, chairs of interlocking-corporate boards' approved demon in milquetoast haberdashery, here we go!

I don't think John Tory is an Old Boy, though his grandfather was.

OT, but so what if he went to UCC? It's a great school and I'm tired of people who haven't set foot inside it slagging it because "OMG rich people = bad".

Gee, re-enforcing class warfare, I guess Dougie IS the true candidate of the PEOPLE by supporting classes that are worthy.

He's a reverse Marxist!

I wonder. Tonight has really crystallized that the Chow camp has settled on a strategy of complete non-engagement with the Fords, just pretending they don't exist and keeping the focus 100% on Tory. They're not stupid people, they know countless voters' top priority is to see the Fords put in their place. And it's not like Chow doesn't have the backbone to do it. So WHAT, I wonder, is the reasoning for avoiding it? Could they somehow know Doug won't make it to election day? I too can't help wondering if they've got something, some game-changer piece of info, because otherwise the play makes very little sense.

I think it is because the Ford base is pretty much locked in. If the last several years haven't convinced these people to not vote for the Fords, then nothing will change that. Especially nothing coming from Chow's mouth. Her only hope is to claw votes away from Tory.

Why do you say that? (Just curious)
My guess is based purely on what Jimmi T said a few days ago, something about a crack video. The second one has been in the news lately, more so than the first one. (before today's Vice article, that is)

Last edited:
My guess is based purely on what Jimmi T said a few days ago, something about a crack video. The second one has been in the news lately, more so than the first one. (before today's Vice article, that is)

Ah. I was actually thinking it might be the earlier one, given the reference to "access to information". Just assumed it had to be something they've been working a long time. But guess it could be the second.

OC's most hyper-partisan supporters on Twitter seem to grasping at straws tonight - "she stood firm", "she refuses to play politics when it comes to priority neighborhoods", "Tory is afraid to debate his Smart Track plan" etc.

Thankfully Ari is back in.

Notice for anyone attending tomorrow's debate: If you do not support Doug Ford, you will not be allowed inside. The parking lot will be available for Tory supporters and we'll have two folding chairs on the lawn for the Chow campaign. That is all.

I really wish we lived in a world where I could crap on you for unreasonable hyperbole. Unforch, it seems like I should salute you for your phlegmatic understatement.

Goddamn. I had modest hopes that the Toronto mayoral election of 2014 would be a choice between two candidates with reasonably strong and permanent connections to reality. One centre-left, the other centre-right. Both around 40% on the bullshit-about-taxes-and-spending-o-meter, because, politics, whattayagonnado?

But Noooooooo ... It's all about Fear of Doug and the Malign Influence of Rob. I imagine that T.O. voters who take their role seriously are literally (word used correctly) having nightmares about this. I am not being snarky here; I am sincerely dismayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back