News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or old(er)-timers might think of this JT

James_Taylor_-_JT.jpg

I keep thinking it's John Tavares.

Is anyone watching Million Dollar Critic? It's the episode when the critic goes to City Hall and RoFo tramples the media. Robyn Doolittle was also on it.

I want facts on the bomb scare

Yeah, no kidding. That's not a rumour, it's something we all witnessed. There's just always such a shitstorm around these guys that it becomes too much to keep track of. No doubt, this is part of their plan of deflection and it works well sometimes. It's easy to overlook what happened yesterday because today's nonsense is even more unbelievable.

It may be difficult to prove that Ro or Do wrote the letter but there are still many basic questions that remain unanswered, or unasked for that matter. Like why hold a media scrum outside your office to discuss a serious and immediate threat to the building? If Norm Kelly got the same letter, why didn't he call the cops? I'd like to think that TPS has thoroughly looked into and still pursues the answers but who knows anymore with that end of things?

Pagliaro did a good job with the story, wherever she might have sourced it.

"Faced with accusations he stereotyped people of Hebraic Faith at a UJAA-sponsored debate, Doug Ford later indignantly countered with the assertion that his wife, Karla, is in fact, Jewish. Huh. Since no one's heard that before, we looked into it. As it turns out, the historical facts, as pertain to Karla Ford and as contained in Canadian record, may not support that assertion. Hmmm. So we asked Doug. And Bernie Farber. Here's what Farber said. Here's what Doug Ford said: "Do you think I’d make this up?" He also said "OK?". A lot. So, while that bit of Fordian fabulism may be inconclusive, here are some further punishing facts. And an etched-in-granite testament as a coup de grace. - 30 -"

ETA: Had No idea about 'Match and Top'. She did both.

Last edited:
My guess is tomorrow's presser at Ford HQ will be about Tory. Doug's in damage control mode, Graeme was hinting today that the "missing" item on Tory's resume will be revealed soon. Classic distraction move.

Shawn Jeffords @Shawn_Jeffords
Cllr. Ford clarifies details of his wife's Jewish ancestry to reporters after the debate. #TOpoli
“Let me be very, very clear on this. It's the last time I will address it. My wife's grandparents were persecuted in Europe." #TOpoli
“They came over, they changed their name. They were orthodox Jewish heritage,” Ford said. #TOpoli
“What I said is my wife has Jewish blood lines. She does not practice the Jewish faith" Ford said. #TOpoli
"Her mother never practiced the Jewish faith. That's it. Next question,” Ford said. #TOpoli

Tory speaking on the issue:

Tory told reporters Ford's wife's ancestry is irrelevant. #TOpoli
“I'm never sure why it was relevant to begin with or the religious faith of his accountant or his doctor or anything else,” he said.#TOpoli

Last edited:
Pagliaro did a good job with the story, wherever she might have sourced it.

"Faced with accusations he stereotyped people of Hebraic Faith at a UJAA-sponsored debate, Doug Ford later indignantly countered with the assertion that his wife, Karla, is in fact, Jewish. Huh. Since no one's heard that before, we looked into it. As it turns out, the historical facts, which pertain to Karla Ford and as contained in Canadian record, may not support that assertion. Hmmm. So we asked Doug. And Bernie Farber. Here's what Farber said. Here's what Doug Ford said. He said "Do you think I’d make this up?" And "OK?". A lot. So, while that bit of Fordian fabulism may be inconclusive, here are some further punishing facts. And an etched-in-granite testament as a coup de grace. - 30 -"
[/I]

Lol, love this summary.

Yeah, no kidding. That's not a rumour, it's something we all witnessed. There's just always such a shitstorm around these guys that it becomes too much to keep track of. No doubt, this is part of their plan of deflection and it works well sometimes. It's easy to overlook what happened yesterday because today's nonsense is even more unbelievable.

It may be difficult to prove that Ro or Do wrote the letter but there are still many basic questions that remain unanswered, or unasked for that matter. Like why hold a media scrum outside your office to discuss a serious and immediate threat to the building? If Norm Kelly got the same letter, why didn't he call the cops? I'd like to think that TPS has thoroughly looked into and still pursues the answers but who knows anymore with that end of things?

We have been punked by two police forces. I hope its not merely mercenary, ( rofo supported raises for cops and was against overtime reform) but the type of people drawn to bossing everyone else around for a living
don't strike me as all that fair minded. Does the force overlook rofo's transgressions ? Yes.

My guess is tomorrow's presser at Ford HQ will be about Tory. Doug's in damage control mode, Graeme was hinting today that the "missing" item on Tory's resume will be revealed soon. Classic distraction move.

They'll reveal that in between attending University of Toronto Schools and Trinity College, Tory spent two years at the Beth Jacob Hebrew College in Brooklyn studying under the assumed name of Josef Topolski.

I can't believe all this terrible speculation. Check your calendars, people!
Doesn't everyone realize tomorrow night is the start of the Jewish holiday of sukkot? Obviously Doug is going to be building the Best Sukkah in the World and live it in for a week with Karla and the girls. All press events between now and the end of the holiday next week will take place in the Ford Sukkah, as per tradition.

sukkah2007.jpg

I presume Jeff Silverstein will be bringing the traditional lulav and etrog to make sure everything's kosher, so to speak.

(Also, I hate to pick on Jpags but Psalm 23 is not from the Torah it's from (drum roll) the Book of Psalms which is part of the "Old Testament," which is probably what she meant. It's "commonly associated with Christian culture" because there are more Christians than Jews in these parts but it was part of the Jewish funeral liturgy before the Christians borrowed it. Just sayin')

Attachments

• sukkah2007.jpg
    sukkah2007.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:
Don Peat Verified account 2:26pm
‏@reporterdonpeat
"It was all in jest" John Tory on his turkey joke

That was a quick backtrack from Tory. I guess a Ford Nation said he was being unfair so he backed off like Tory did this entire term.

Earlier there was a discussion of why Chow wasn't more aggressive, she was early on. But the 30% of Ford nation started booing her at debates and she got intimidated and she backed off. It didn't help that Peter Shurman (the hypocrite) went on a CFRB round table and said she was acting b*tchy. Because as we all know if it was a man who was challenged his opponent he would be "aggressive" but when Chow did it she was being b*tchy. But back to why Chow wasn't more aggressive, I KNOW it's a pre plan to have Ford Nation members drown out and boo any negatives against Ford. They been doing it since the start of the term.

If you listened to talk radio you notice something very strange, whenever a negative Ford story is set up as a topic the lines are filled with FN saying "It's not an interesting topic, nobody cares, the topic is old" etc etc. That NEVER happens with any other topic, if a topic doesn't have interest, it's easy to tell, there just no calls. Period. I never heard at any time people calling up, waiting on hold, just to tell the host the topic isn't interesting. That HAD to be pre-planned somewhere. Remember they kept saying how Doolittle book is a waste of time, and nobody wants to read it. Even though it's a best seller and got US promotions. Just like Ford Nation in the debate, anybody who brings up Ford's faults they start booing them in hopes (like the talk radio hosts before them) they would move on. And it WORKS.

First Doug Ford is a chicken for dodging debates, then he's a Thanksgiving turkey---ladies and gentleman the evidence is in: This man is for the birds!

That's yours to use for twenty bucks, Tory. Give me a call.

Where and when did he claim that? As I said here yesterday, I think it is possible that Doug and Karla think that "orthodox" must mean Jewish, because someone once told one of them that those guys with the hats and long sideburns are Orthodox Jews.

I'm sure that's what it was. Doug's wife probably heard her parents mention that their parents were orthodox at some point and thought that meant Jewish.

Buncha rocket surgeons in that family, I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back