154     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 748     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total BS. Very few Eastern European Jewish immigrants converted to Christianity in Canada. And in Eastern Europe itself it was even more rare.

Even the Bick's pickle man. He put "Christian farmer" on his immigration form because farmers were apparently needed, but never converted. He started doing pickles to use up all the cucumbers, and he didn't even like pickles.

You think more crack video news will affect Dougs support, even though it's about His bro?

Well, what did you have in mind?

But seriously, no. There is virtually nothing that I can imagine that would shake the Nation to any degree. Hasn't just about everything been tried already? If anything, it would have to be something truly freaky. Not just more simple crack vids, drunken rants, prison and or wife beatings, general hate stuff, drunk driving, racism, COI run-o-the mill Fordisms. It would have to be something very special.

Well, what did you have in mind?

But seriously, no. There is virtually nothing that I can imagine that would shake the Nation to any degree. Hasn't just about everything been tried already? If anything, it would have to be something truly freaky. Not just more simple crack vids, drunken rants, prison and or wife beatings, general hate stuff, drunk driving, racism, COI run-o-the mill Fordisms. It would have to be something very special.

A drunk Rob Ford running over a kid is probably the only thing that would make an impact (so to speak). Or a mistress for Doug. Or a drunk Rob Ford running over Doug's pregnant mistress.

Moving is not an option. I think perhaps I will try to completely disengage from politics. Which will be hard because I'm now so emotionally invested.

Me too. I completely stopped following federal politics because I can't stand Harper.

I saw my first Ford for Mayor sign this AM.
North side of St. Clair between Vic Park and O'Connor.

The only one I've seen. And I drove through Norm Kelly's ward.
Saw a shit-ton of Trustee Sam signs though. I cannot believe that people support that clown publicly.

I saw Ford sign on Saturday, on Brimley, I shivered and continued my walk home.

Moving is not an option. I think perhaps I will try to completely disengage from politics. Which will be hard because I'm now so emotionally invested. Perhaps the answer is just to attempt to coldly intellectualize and take it day by day.

But - i will be a changed person, for the worse. Without overdramatizing, it will be a change akin to the way my eyes were opened after 9/11.

Please Jado I beseech you. The only good this lot has done is to wake up a lot of people who were previously disengaged in municiple politics. Now is the time to get involved, seek great candidates to support, give our time and ideas to our towns and cities. Get behind some Soknackis and Domises and Goldkinds. Or maybe even run yourself. Ford Nation happened while we took our eye off the ball.

There is virtually nothing that I can imagine that would shake the Nation to any degree. Hasn't just about everything been tried already? If anything, it would have to be something truly freaky. Not just more simple crack vids, drunken rants, prison and or wife beatings, general hate stuff, drunk driving, racism, COI run-o-the mill Fordisms. It would have to be something very special.

Caught in bed with a dead girl, or a live boy?

I think the closest proximate to the current FN crowd are hard-core evangelicals - which are absolutely unshakeable in their beliefs. Engaging them on anything is a waste of time. It's probably also why there are significant overlaps between the two groups.

AoD

A video of Rob and Doug in tuxes, wives in haute couture dresses, sipping champagne at the single most exclusive, for richer than rich only, supper club in Toronto, laughing at and mocking their base *might* shake a few.

A video of Rob and Doug in tuxes, wives in haute couture dresses, sipping champagne at the single most exclusive, for richer than rich only, supper club in Toronto, laughing at and mocking their base *might* shake a few.

That would just prove that they "made good" through "hard work".

Take a look at my name....

Her Christian Orthodox roots would be in the the area of Yiddish-speaking Eastern European Jewry, not the part with lots of more assimilated Jews like in Central Europe. There was almost no "assimilation" in that part of Europe. The idea that there were tons of Orthodox Christian immigrants 100 years ago who were actually Jewish strikes me as absurd. You're more likely to find a distant Jewish ancestor in an old "WASP" family (say, some German Jewish immigrant in the 19th century) than in a third or fourth generation Ukrainian Canadian one.

Last edited:
These guys aren't shy about using their families as political props.

My guess is that if she was in fact Jewish, "My wife is Jewish" Doug would have paraded her at the debate hosted by the United Jewish Appeal Federation of Greater Toronto and the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs.

Instead, he said he had a Jewish lawyer etc.

The former CEO of the Canadian Jewish Congress has spoken out:

"Doug Ford claims that his evangelical Christian wife and kids are Jewish-not so according 2 this site"
https://twitter.com/BernieFarber/status/519539150241165313

CP2Ford interviewed Mr and Mrs John Tory today.

"Will LeDrew & @CP24 also be interviewing Doug's Jewish wife any time soon? Enquiring minds .."
https://twitter.com/JBaratt/status/519543176554496001

Typically Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back