129     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 285     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 413     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Metro Chair (sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities, Casita, but not all Chairs were noble people.)

Probably not, Hyper. But, they were better times.

Neither Rob or Doug would have had a chance of ever becoming the most senior political figure in Toronto, because that selection was made by Council.

They could have their little fiefdom in Ward 2, maybe even get elected Mayor of Etobicoke. But, they could never have put two and a half million people under the stress and strain that they have for the last four years.

And quite possibly four more. This time with Rob ( or Mikey, if Rob dies in office ) as Doug's deputy mayor. It could never have happened back then.

Last edited:
I love the hyperbole...

Forum...

Someone doesn't jump up ten points in the polls overnight. This sounds like a media organization paying for a poll that will show the kind of numbers they want---the kind that gets people riled up, talking, and tuning in and buying papers.

Pretty scummy, I think.

"Doug Ford warned Monday that the city will “crumble” unless he’s elected mayor...."

“I’m by far, and this is blowing my own horn, by far the best candidate out of the three ... it is not even a competition,” Ford said. “You know where I’m coming from, I have a proven track record and I can’t walk away and let this city crumble."

“It will go down the tube as sure as I’m sitting here on transit, on the budget, if God forbid, Olivia Chow or John Tory gets in — there is not a huge difference with them.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/06/doug-ford-distances-himself-from-mayors-scandals

If the city were to crumble it would be to the undermining damage from the achievements in Doug's record.

Remember when Rob was in the race and there was panic about a poll putting him in first? That was Forum and it wasn't accurate.

Your hope that he'll govern as a moderate is no better than Tory pretending SmartTrack is . . . well, smart.

Vote for the person you want, not for the person you hope he (or preferably she) will become when elected.

Sorry . . . strategic voting gets me all riled up.

BTW: Was Kouvalis every Robbie Ford's chief of staff? I thought that Kouvalis bailed before, or at most at, the 2010 election date?

Hopefully, it will scare enough people into voting.

Ari Goldkind ‏@AriGoldkind 1m1 minute ago
I am very, very pleased to announce that I have been invited to 3 more debates this week, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. #TOpoli

Three debates Doug won't attend!

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 11.38.47 PM.png

Yesterday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 11.38.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 11.38.47 PM.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 685
...And quite possibly four more. This time with Rob as Doug's deputy mayor. It could never have happened back then.

It'll be fine, Doug also wants a strong merryl system implemented. Whiners wants democracy this, checks and balances that, baseless accusation of nepotism and accountability something or other waah waah waah. I believe it was JFK himself who once said "Might makes Right, I also ah endorse Doug Ford foh may-yah, and I ah look fohrwahrd to ah, wahking with him."

Because Irene keeps linking to her own swill under the username fattiger. 13 posts - all of them regarding the same website and linking from behind a URL shortener.

Can we just ban her for being a moron?

Don't worry, most morons get themselves banned one way or another. Remember these guys:
- CN Tower
- Peepers
- One Nut Kruk
- Dundat Square
- ssiguy2 (temporarily)
- malvern2 (temporarily)
- Rock
- kkgg7

Edit: fatti is now banned too. Yay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.