849     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 756     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 572     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Nation fanatics will show up to the bitter end, but I don't think any serious developer would be paying $750 for a chance to sit down and chat with Doug right now. All the polls say he's not going to be Mayor. You might as well burn your $750. I'm assuming it was quietly cancelled due to lack of interest.

Might well be that - but I would have thought that if it flopped that would be worthy of at least some minor amount of news coverage.

i'm hoping someone on here can save me some research time by answering the following...

what are the rules when it comes to election signs and apartment buildings?

moments ago, nine 'ford for mayor' signs (we looked like a campaign headquarters or something!) were (thank god) removed, by a tenant, from the front of my building (of only 11 apartments).

other tenants say the signs were ordered by our landlord, who lives nowhere near this building.

can our landlord have those signs here because he owns the building, even though many (if not almost all) of the tenants do not want ford?

we don't have any balconies, so to show who i support, would that sign have to be in one of my windows? or can i put a sign on the front of the building? or is that where the building's owner's sign goes? and if so, would he have to only post one, or is he allowed to plaster this building?

Each level of government has different rules about election signs and so does each Province for Provincial elections. In Ontario, Municipal election sign "rules" are vague. So they can probably do anything they want for the Municipal election due to lack of clarity, it's their property. You can put up campaign signs for who you support in your windows given that you have no balconies, but check your lease first for any election sign clause(s). In the end it's a free speech issue, though mostly unresolved at the Municipal level.

How many wards did Doug visit in the last week. He promised to visit them one by one by the end of the election? Looks like he's already way off the mark.Just more BS and lies I guess.

Each level of government has different rules about election signs and so does each Province for Provincial elections. In Ontario, Municipal election sign "rules" are vague. So they can probably do anything they want for the Municipal election due to lack of clarity, it's their property. You can put up campaign signs for who you support in your windows given that you have no balconies, but check your lease first for any election sign clause(s). In the end it's a free speech issue, though mostly unresolved at the Municipal level.

Thee's also like no real penalty associated with removing a sign in front of where you live. Just trash them.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...uestionable_things_on_cbcs_metro_morning.html

Campaign lie detector: Doug Ford says nine inaccurate things on CBC’s Metro Morning

Something not included in the List O'Lies, with regard to the Griffin Centre, is that Doug told Matt that the kids there "weren't autistic", implying that something else was going on - "they were trainee gangsters" perhaps, or "the Griffin Centre doesn't know an autistic kid from a delinquent" - managing a la Doug to insult absolutely everyone involved.

Not a word. Was the location known? You'd think someone would have reported something one way or the other.

Posticino Ristorante 755 Queensway Sept 29 750 a seat...2500 a table...supposedly arranged by the "development community"
This was the fundraiser where supposedly anyone who showed up at the door without the donation would not be turned away...This was D Ford's response to his refusal to attend the Empire Club lunch and the cost involved
I guess there were no takers to the offer....
Again apologies for my inability to link nevertheless you can get a look at the invitation if you go to Global TV
Septemebr 27th "Doug Ford pulls out of $800. a table debate ahead of 2500. a table fundraiser"
globalnews.ca/news/1584100

Last edited:
Not a word. Was the location known? You'd think someone would have reported something one way or the other.

Well I have a theory, Before the cancer diagnosis some people here were trying to get a ford more weeks rally going on that date. A super sit in, if you will. To support RFMG and to celebrate the end of the Ford administration. Within a day or two of starting to reach out about it, that fancy funder was announced. I duly noted that they were doing a presser about nothing every time the other candidates had a press opportunity. When we cancelled ( it looked a little too cold hearted post diagnosis) they lost the motivation to suck the oxygen out of that date.tin foil maybe. I had planned some entertainment. I tried for hours last night to learn to link so I could share a video that sums up perfectly my feelings about the Fords. Nope still a dolt. A you tube video
of Lily Allen's f--- you. If you have a minute watch the one with lyrics. So apropos and the girl can sing. Fair warning: ear worm potential. The impressionable may be unable to cease humming the tune.

She even touches on being a douche to get daddy's approval and their racist and homophobic attitudes.

Last edited:
Something not included in the List O'Lies, with regard to the Griffin Centre, is that Doug told Matt that the kids there "weren't autistic", implying that something else was going on - "they were trainee gangsters" perhaps, or "the Griffin Centre doesn't know an autistic kid from a delinquent" - managing a la Doug to insult absolutely everyone involved.

Of all the Ford smears in the past four years, this is one of the worst. It really highlights Doug's damaged psyche, as if their is some secret super benefit to being labelled autistic. Yeah, they get the world handed to them on a silver platter... sure Doug.

That's my take, too. Rob is hanging on to whatever bits of his "normal' life that he can. I'd imagine most people facing his issues have similar reactions, at least to varying degrees. In Rob's case, that means going out and seeking attention to deal with insecurities. Or phoning people. Not a big deal, IMO. It's what he's always done. I have no sympathy for the guy, but I don't begrudge him his choices on how to cope with a rotten diagnosis.

I can't imagine home life is all that pleasant if Renata hates him even one tenth as much as most of us assume. And really, how could she not? It's the only sane reaction to his, er, 'shenanigans.' It wouldn't surprise me if his kids couldn't stand the sight of him either. It's little wonder he's doing nothing to curb his usual behavior. Not that I sympathize with him, needless to say.

It looks like Tory is going to win. I'm sure I'm not alone in lamenting that we won't get a more inspiring Ford-slayer.

I can't help agreeing with this, depressingly enough. It's actually rather contemptible that this is the only way a perpetual loser like Tory could win: Put him up against someone so vile, people don't care about his glaringly obvious deficiencies. I had dinner with a friend not that long ago, and he was lamenting the fact that politics these days seem to consist of nothing but voting against some Greater Evil: Voting against Hudak, voting against Harper, voting against Ford, etc. There just doesn't appear to be anyone you'd want to vote for on their own merits, as this election is very sadly proving.

For Christ's sakes, this couldn't have been clearer at the debate the other night when Thug had the sheer gall to play the class card against Chow and Tory. That neither of them had the guts to slap him down when he was squawking about them being rich, and chose to quietly and respectfully and obediently hold their tongues instead of throwing his hypocrisy back in his hideous face genuinely angered me. What the hell is the matter with them?

How many wards did Doug visit in the last week. He promised to visit them one by one by the end of the election? Looks like he's already way off the mark.Just more BS and lies I guess.

The "Salesman Wave" or another way of saying regular route....
Hwy 401 Wards 2,3,4,7,9,10,11,12,15,16,23,24,25,33,34,37,38,40,41,42,43,44
DVP Wards 24,26,27,28,29,30,31,33,34
FGE Wards 5,6,13,14,19,20,28,30,32
See D Ford can justifiably say he has been in at least 36 Wards just by driving the the major thoroughfares....doesn't mean he has done anything just that he was there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back