373     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 424     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 467     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing another blog about this and I saw a comment by a progressive-minded voter who was considering a strategic vote for Ford to stop Tory from getting elected. His reasoning? While Ford is a disaster, he can't get support for his Tea Party agenda. John Tory would be able to do that.

Anyone got a gif of heads exploding?

Do not laugh. He may be right.

Is it possible to see just how many items RoFo put forward to council that actually passed? I feel like this would be a good way to show just how ineffective Ford has actually been at 'achieving his agenda'.

To do that is a little more than difficult...Standing Committee Chairs present and move on behalf of the mayor....CC motions are directed by staff...the only place you would R Ford's name specifically is MM (Members Motion)...so in the end you are not going to get a very good picture....

Kristopher you should engineer some interaction with ford. He's got tons of planned public appearances. You could use your forward nature to pose some questions on all our behalf. Do you plan to support the four more weeks idea Sept 29?

ANd if you ever do, make sure you have a friend record it and put it on Youtube, for all to enjoy.

This bobble head sale reeks to high heaven. It's being promoted through the mayor's office, and the bobble head features the mayor in the chains of office. But only a portion of the proceeds are going to Humber River hospital. Whither the rest of the proceeds?

Then this on twitter this morning:
Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 25 mins
Cam Wooley says Ford family will make donation matching money pulled in by bobblehead sale, for Humber River Regional Hospital #TOPoli

I think we're supposed to read that as the Fords will make a generous family donation that matches the bobble head proceeds and ALL will go to the hospital. But this is the Fords, so I doubt it.

I'd bet they're planning to pocket the bobble head sales as campaign funds and have only the family's money go to the hospital. All of which would completely violate campaign rules, as the whole event was promoted as a mayoral charity initiative.

I call bullshit.

I'm pretty sure I saw Sandro yesterday. black range rover on king right at the bottom of Roncesvalles. I was on the streetcar coming up and we were stopped in traffic. He had his window down and was about a half a car length ahead of me. I leaned out the window and loudly asked 'what was in the envelopes?" He either didn't hear me, wasn't list or ignored me.

One of the ITO people, Nik Kourakos lives on Roncesvalles.

http://robfordfiles.com/search/node/kourakos

THANK YOU. I said several days ago that this "Chow is tanking" narrative had to start somewhere, and I'd bet money it's Kouvalis. One poll with a slight gain for Tory, and then the "Chow is tanking" rumblings start, the media picks it up and uncritically prints it - because heaven forbid that they actually ever do any hard work and look at things with a critical eye - and then word spreads, and then another poll comes out with worse numbers for her because it's started to catch on, and then the next thing you know, it's reality. Rinse and repeat, and next thing you know, you have Tory as mayor.

I think you're right it's Kouvalis. I'm pretty sure he's the one that started the rumour at Grano that Ford in the lead in the upcoming poll. Pure fear mongering to promote Tory as the viable anti-Ford vote. It's working, duping posters on this thread into warning one and all to JUST VOTE TORY NOW even though the election is still two full months away and lots can still happen (like, you know, more policy releases so you know where the candidates stand).

And speaking of uncritical media, when the poll finally did come up and it showed such surprising results, why weren't any questioning the results? Especially since Forum has a proven track record of off-base polls.

^^^That's the "decline your ballot" option.

"None of the above" has been my one of my top choice of candidate for the past few elections.

As far as voting goes, flame me if you want, but I believe everyone eligible to vote in this election does have the right to cast for which ever candidate they choose. I may not agree with them and their decision, but they got as much right to cast their ballot as I do. Even the hardcore Ford Nationalist. :p It's the sometimes high price for living in a democratic system, granted the Fofam Circus IMO has exposed some possible rot in the foundation of that system.

Anyhow, I'm also weary and wary of getting my hopes up with Brazen 2, even after the election. Blair signing off on that background check for the sake of Merryl Ford's FOOOOTBAAAWLLL crap made me lose a lot of trust and respect for da chief. One of my family members volunteers for a charity involving the vulnerable sector, and they had to jump through hoops and waded through a lot of red tape to prove they weren't a wolf in sheep's clothing. Meanwhile Merryl "quite a lot of 911 domestic calls" Rofo and someone with a violent criminal history like Payman Aboodowleh can get 'front of the line service'?

Rofo and Fofam is a problem, no doubt. But a system that seems to have been compromised, and a group of people who are in power that seems to help someone like Rofo stay above the law, that should seriously ring people's alarm bells. In a healthy system someone like Rofo would probably not last more than one term as a councilor. What does it say that Rofles has gotten this far. Getting Rofo thrown out in October is a good start, but pretty far from seriously addressing this systemic rot I think.

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
Rob Ford has pulled out of tomorrow's Greenwood Community Association debate, the association says. twitter.com/GreenwoodComm/

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but this is not what I expected from a guy who said he would go to a debate anywhere...

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
Rob Ford has pulled out of tomorrow's Greenwood Community Association debate, the association says. twitter.com/GreenwoodComm/

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but this is not what I expected from a guy who said he would go to a debate anywhere...

MINO probably has a pizza party fundraiser to attend to, or possibly single handedly saving a hospital somewhere by selling bobbleheads. He doesn't have time for petty debates, not when lives are on the line! No other candidates have done more for bobble heads than MINO! You think any of these other people would sell you their bobbleheads anywhere at anytime, get real!

It sounds like he pulled out of a second debate, too. The East York people are furious.

We don't stand for that kind of crap here in EY.

It's also probably why RoFo cancelled. Mr."Anytime-Anywhere" is hand picking debates. After falling on his face at Friday's debate, one which the Emperor was expecting to be a 100% guaranteed supportive crowd, there is no way he is going back to EY after the Canada Day parade bronx cheers and subsequent duckout.

Last edited:
Daniel Dale
@ddale8

I hope the other participants remind the audience that he said that.

We don't stand for that kind of crap here in EY.

It's also probably why RoFo cancelled. Mr."Anytime-Anywhere" is hand picking debates.

Maybe there was concern some question would be asked re ToTD 2013 and whether he really should have been driving (yeah I know it is south of the border but East Yorkers are a curious sort)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back