News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No picture or video, just a tweet July 10, 2014:
PinkLucy
2014-Jul-10, 11:38
Interesting series of tweets (most recent on top)

J.Spencer Rowe @JSpencerRowe
@robfordmustgo Seriously, she went in smiling, upright came out shaky, thought she was going to fall.#rfmg Doug just went in Mayors office.

@robfordmustgo Stinz just left one on one w/ Rob Ford. Frankly she looked shaken. On her way back up to chambers. She left her purse.

@robfordmustgo My sense is that it is a very very friendly mtg. Something besides apology. But that's just my spidey sense. #rfmg

@robfordmustgo Karen Stinz now having one on one with Rob Ford in Mayors Office. #rfmg

I say that mixed with his jamming comment and her very clearly being the "somebody please think I'm cool" overachieving blonde mom poster girl makes it pretty neat how she wants to be the commisioner of the body that Rob wanted if he wasn't the mayor. I bet she made deals with him early on that he is calling on. Whether it be personal or during time at CH, he has something and I think he's using it.
IMO. Ironically today is the 4th day that I forgot to buy more tinfoil. seriously.

"I wonder if my uncles offered Karen Stintz a job running Deco Labels? My position has an opening."
https://twitter.com/FordNephew/status/502936595096686592

( Interesting how many believe these parody accounts are the actual persons. :D )

A couple of the replies...

"This is supposed to be funny or clever? It's neither. What else could we expect from another Ford?"

"Your brother-uncles never told you "don't count your empties until you are sure you haven't shattered them in road in a stupor"?"

Last edited:
Jerry the (former?) driver got married! And look in the left corner of the picture - a special guest...
http://t.co/mfZQ17RgG5
Does that mean that MINO has one less babysitter, at least in the short term? Or is Jerry's honeymoon delayed past October?

Jerry the (former?) driver got married! And look in the left corner of the picture - a special guest...
http://t.co/mfZQ17RgG5
Does that mean that MINO has one less babysitter, at least in the short term? Or is Jerry's honeymoon delayed past October?

He's currently a special assistant for Ford, and no longer a City Hall employee, is my understanding. Amazed you beat me to this post.

Last edited:
A related question: do you think the police are still "working away" or is Brazen II an investigation in name only, i.e. it's open but largely passive unless new evidence come along (e.g. deals for testimony that could come out of Project Traveller)?

I'm not Jimmi, but it seems that every time this comes up I'm at work and too busy to post, or something. I've always thought though that between the OPP's statement that there was nothing there, and Rob going to rehab, that would be a perfect time for the TPS to let things drop, in a face-saving way, and probably no one but the people following the story closely (i.e. the people in this thread) would even remember that Brazen 2 was a thing. But no, since then, Giroux has come forward saying the investigation is ongoing. Which leads me to believe that something is up, and they're playing the long game. Otherwise, why make such a statement, when they could have let it drop?

No picture or video, just a tweet July 10, 2014:
PinkLucy
2014-Jul-10, 11:38
Interesting series of tweets (most recent on top)

@robfordmustgo Seriously, she went in smiling, upright came out shaky, thought she was going to fall.#rfmg Doug just went in Mayors office.

@robfordmustgo Stinz just left one on one w/ Rob Ford. Frankly she looked shaken. On her way back up to chambers. She left her purse.

@robfordmustgo My sense is that it is a very very friendly mtg. Something besides apology. But that's just my spidey sense. #rfmg

@robfordmustgo Karen Stinz now having one on one with Rob Ford in Mayors Office. #rfmg

The way things played out, I doubt there's anything of interest there. I remember speculation being that they had something on her to make her leave the race and throw her support to him, but 1) that obviously didn't happen; and 2) even if it did, she has no control over who her supporters vote for, and I suspect it won't be Ford.

I'm not Jimmi, but it seems that every time this comes up I'm at work and too busy to post, or something. I've always thought though that between the OPP's statement that there was nothing there, and Rob going to rehab, that would be a perfect time for the TPS to let things drop, in a face-saving way, and probably no one but the people following the story closely (i.e. the people in this thread) would even remember that Brazen 2 was a thing. But no, since then, Giroux has come forward saying the investigation is ongoing. Which leads me to believe that something is up, and they're playing the long game. Otherwise, why make such a statement, when they could have let it drop?

I can't see anyone, journalist or cop like Gman, not wanting to totally own this fool. I hope to god there is a long game and they are sitting waiting for the perfect moment.

The way things played out, I doubt there's anything of interest there. I remember speculation being that they had something on her to make her leave the race and throw her support to him, but 1) that obviously didn't happen; and 2) even if it did, she has no control over who her supporters vote for, and I suspect it won't be Ford.

My tinfoil hat says the Ford's tried to threaten her to throw her support to them and she ran to Tory where Kouvalis still poses a threat to the boys. Stintz gets a cushy CFL gig, and Tory gets her senior campaign workers.

Saw this on Twitter: "Rob Ford's taxpayer paid driver Jerry seen taking garbage out from Ford residence. GRAVY !"
https://twitter.com/leswilliams2/status/501565611265511425

Bonus ejb! Great to have you back casita!

Last edited:
My tinfoil hat says the Ford's tried to threaten her to throw her support to them, and she ran to Tory, where Kouvalis still poses a threat to the boys. Stintz gets a cushy CFL gig, and Tory gets her senior campaign workers.

But that makes no sense - she can't control who her supporters vote for, and if they were going to vote Ford, they would have been on his side from the beginning, rather than being Stintz supporters. I can't see anything but a negligible number of potential Stintz voters moving to Ford because of her dropping out.

But that makes no sense - she can't control who her supporters vote for, and if they were going to vote Ford, they would have been on his side from the beginning, rather than being Stintz supporters. I can't see anything but a negligible number of potential Stintz voters moving to Ford because of her dropping out.

You are the last person I would argue with Vintage, but the same might be said of an endorsement by any withdrawing candidate. Anyways, I'm not wed to this idle speculation, I just find it interesting no one's said "Tory!" as soon as Stintz mentioned the CFL. Also, no one's mentioned GBH drops among Ford's possible self-medicating regime.

PinkLucy and Whatthe are right. Rob appears out of it, but this is nothing like what we saw when he was using/abusing routinely. To me, he looks more like a guy who's struggling emotionally (and possibly being treated with prescription meds). That's not surprising, since he can't rely on his old friends/habits when the going gets tough. I wonder how much the campaign is contributing to his state of mind, especially since it's so tied up with family identity and finances. My gut tells me there's a heavy psychodrama going on behind the scenes, but that's just speculation on my part.

Well, remember. The "thoughtful" among us warned the Fords that it wasn't a great idea to go camp(aign)ing straight out of rehab. Sort of like swimming right after a meal, or doing any kind of rigorous activity right after surgery, childbirth, etc.

We told'em so.

You are the last person I would argue with Vintage, but the same might be said of an endorsement by any withdrawing candidate. Anyways, I'm not wed to this idle speculation, I just find it interesting no one's said "Tory!" as soon as Stintz mentioned the CFL. Also, no one's mentioned GBH drops among Ford's possible self-medicating regime.

If there was an actual deal for Stintz to take over the CFL she wouldn't be talking about it. Regardless, she has none of the skills that a professional sports commissioner would need. Could you imagine her trying to negotiate internet broadcast rights, or facilitating an ownership change of the Argos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back