5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're all familiar with your abuse of the honour system. Three hour work days, extensive conflicts of interest, etc.

reporterdonpeat 3:31pm via Twitter Web Client
"I have a major problem with the honour system" Mayor Rob Ford on changing streetcars to proof-of-payment.

It should also be noted that the DRL (well, a line that follows the proposed path) has been on the books in some way or another for about 60 years now. It's need has been highly recognized by numerous transit experts. There was a major study in 1985 that declared its need but that was ignored in the 1990s to buy votes with the Sheppard Stubway.
It was ignored because the (old) City of Toronto rejected it, led by Jack Layton. Nothing to do with vote buying.

It was ignored because the (old) City of Toronto rejected it, led by Jack Layton. Nothing to do with vote buying.

Yes, the City believed that all the problems could be solved by simply increasing capacity at Bloor-Yonge and avoiding the construction of the DRL. If you have a Toronto library card you can search the Star and Globe archives for all the articles about it. Debate was robust, but never stooped to the levels we've seen during the four years of the Slob & Thug Show.

Yes, the City believed that all the problems could be solved by simply increasing capacity at Bloor-Yonge and avoiding the construction of the DRL. If you have a Toronto library card you can search the Star and Globe archives for all the articles about it. Debate was robust, but never stooped to the levels we've seen during the four years of the Slob & Thug Show.

You might be interested in taking a look at the campaign site of Brian Graff Councillor candidate Ward 32....has some interesting plays on a DRL

www.briangraff.com

Well, we're all familiar with your abuse of the honour system. Three hour work days, extensive conflicts of interest, etc.

reporterdonpeat 3:31pm via Twitter Web Client
"I have a major problem with the honour system" Mayor Rob Ford on changing streetcars to proof-of-payment.

I think Ford would also have problems with the current 'let's assume you are without honour' system of payment on entry. I doubt he knows what the process is when you get on a streetcar ... or a bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back