650     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 581     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 724     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Blair: Like everyone else, I knew he'd likely cave in the end, but I thought he'd have the wherewithal to make Thug sweat a bit before it got to that point. Considering that the 'apology' he received was yet another of the Fords' patented non-apology "apologies," one can't help wondering how incompetent his lawyer is to have advised him that was good enough.

My first reaction was disappointment also...however, I believe upon reflection, that Blair handled it just right. He gave no one 'ammo' to call him petty or suggest that it was merely a grudge match, and he used the press conference to hammer home the severity of the wrong-doing (which is often the bit of the story that gets lost while the initial calumny grabbed big headlines).

That monetary donation was brilliant, I think. Small but symbolic. That he required $$ (for charity, not for himself) - and that DoFo agreed to pay it - makes the point in a way the thickest of FN would understand, I believe. They do seem to be $$ focused, even if seriously 'misguided' in that regard.

My first reaction was disappointment also...however, I believe upon reflection, that Blair handled it just right. He gave no one 'ammo' to call him petty or suggest that it was merely a grudge match, and he used the press conference to hammer home the severity of the wrong-doing (which is often the bit of the story that gets lost while the initial calumny grabbed big headlines).

That monetary donation was brilliant, I think. Small but symbolic. That he required $$ (for charity, not for himself) - and that DoFo agreed to pay it - makes the point in a way the thickest of FN would understand, I believe. They do seem to be $$ focused, even if seriously 'misguided' in that regard.

I would be incredibly satisfied if their scam threat ended up with charges laid, and jail time for The Merryls.
I know it won't happen, but, the poetry of finally being taken out by one of their own diversions would be excellent.

Really? Not if you read IHTWOMRF....a post yesterday had B Blair backtracking and replies suggesting B Blair feared going to court.....rainbows, candy floss and unicorns

I watched a video of Blair's presser. Throughout the whole thing I couldn't help thinking that he came off as very........dare I say it?.......Mayoral.

Doug, and Rob (earlier today) both deliberately confused the idea of being a worker-in-the-building's right to know with the general public's right to know. FN might not be bright enough to pick up the difference.

To put that another way, if Rob was truly concerned about people's safety, why didn't he ask security to pull the fire alarm? Every building practices fire evacuation procedures, so there would have been an orderly exit. If he wanted to play hero, he could boast about his bomb threat later — after everyone was out of harm's way. Instead he chose to dive for the spotlight first. What a swell guy.

To put that another way, if Rob was truly concerned about people's safety, why didn't he ask security to pull the fire alarm? Every building practices fire evacuation procedures, so there would have been an orderly exit. If he wanted to play hero, he could boast about his bomb threat later — after everyone was out of harm's way. Instead he chose to dive for the spotlight first. What a swell guy.

In fact, that's all he did! He didn't usher everyone out of the building, he didn't send his staff home and he didn't even bother looking around to see if anyone suspicious was hanging around. He called a press conference, and made a campaign announcement : "Look at me everybody! There's a bomb threat and I'm still here working. Saving money for the taxpayer"

Total grandstanding. Opportunity to play the hero for 60 seconds on the news.

Total grandstanding. Opportunity to play the hero for 60 seconds on the news.

Except that nobody's buying it. That's what gets me about this particular incident: Everybody - the cops, the media, the general public - is treating it as the manufactured stunt that it almost certainly was.

But we're not talking about some piddling little misdeamer like a jaywalking. If the Fords are indeed the guilty parties here (and I think they are), then let's not mince words: The Mayor and his brother, a prominent City Councillor, are responsible for a fake bomb threat at City Hall. For reasons that can only be described as purely selfish, venal, political, self-serving grandstanding. (Not that there could be any "good" reasons for a scam that involves making up fake terrorism threats, but you know what I mean.)

And did I mention that the men responsible for this not-so-little excercise in criminality were the Mayor and another politician who's very much in the public eye? Not that it would be any better if they were nobodies, but their positions makes this episode all the more grotesque. And nobody appears to discussing this angle, which is just bizarre. I can only hope the police are quietly gathering the evidence they need to nail the Fords to the wall this time, because this is truly beyond the pale.

Why does the phrase "washed up" keep coming to mind? I mean all of 'em.

I haven't seen him shake like that since:

[video=youtube;g1fd040nGs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1fd040nGs4[/video]

Really? Not if you read IHTWOMRF....a post yesterday had B Blair backtracking and replies suggesting B Blair feared going to court.....rainbows, candy floss and unicorns

More like unicorn piss, passed off as lemon Kool-Aid. IHTWORF have always lived in their own pocket universe, and Ford Festers are there cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back