336     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 575     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Budget Chief in exchange for throwing support first week of October?

As a Shadow Camping Manager, I suggest that be Plan B.

Plan A would be to convince Stintz to Fight The Good Fight to the Oct 27 end. Step up and campaign hard. Then offer to heavily $ fund her campaign.

Consider that with single-digit support, Stintz’s voters may be voting for her as the candidate, and perhaps don’t support Ford because they’d be with him already. Besides, if they’ll not support Ford, why waste too many resources trying to convert them?

If Ford were to split the opposition as much as possible, it would be in his interest to keep Stintz, Soknacki, in the race right up to Oct 27. Even add some fringe candidates who are moderately popular, and they might even make distracting noises in the media.

Imagine walking into Rofo’s office, all jam-jar like, and being told he’s put $1M in your camping account by Western Union cash transfer. I’d go pale too.

Last edited:
From Andray Domise's interview with Toronto Life:

"Because there’s no counter-narrative. So you might have councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong criticizing a bathroom that costs money to build, or pink umbrellas and rocks. But actually, these are investments in the community to attract new homebuyers, literally hundreds of new residents all contributing to the economy. New businesses, new jobs. Isn’t that what we want as a city? So I don’t consider Ford a penny-pincher. I consider him a populist fraud."

"
Vampires and sunlight have a better relationship than the Ford family and actual facts. I don’t understand why people have such a hard time calling a lie a lie. I don’t really have a problem with them spouting lies throughout this election, because you just call it for what it is."
http://www.torontolife.com/informer...iew-andray-domise-toronto-ward-two-candidate/

What the hell is Stintz thinking? I can't believe after all that happened she is all buddy buddy with Ford now. Everyone else is staying as far away from him as possible, yet here she is climbing in high heels in a race to the top with him. They, and the kids below them, are damned lucky nobody wiped out.

Plan A would be to convince Stintz to Fight The Good Fight to the Oct 27 end. Step up and campaign hard. Then offer to heavily $ fund her campaign.

Consider that with single-digit support, Stintz’s voters may be voting for her as the candidate, and perhaps don’t support Ford because they’d be with him already. Besides, if they’ll not support Ford, why waste too many resources trying to convert them?

If Ford were to split the opposition as much as possible, it would be in his interest to keep Stintz, Soknacki, in the race right up to Oct 27. Even add some fringe candidates who are moderately popular, and they might even make distracting noises in the media.

Imagine walking into Rofo’s office, all jam-jar like, and being told he’s put $1M in your camping account by Western Union cash transfer. I’d go pale too.
Yes, but would you forget your purse? :p

Robbie is not that smart, he has already personally asked one cllr candidate in ward 11 to quit, to make his own council of Fordites. I'm sure there is something in policy against such action.

Remember, Robbie won party due to dropouts saying vote for Ford.

Do you think her constituents (in North Toronto where they have thumbs and can read for themselves) will reward her if they see she helped Ford stay in the race? With a 60 percent split for Stintz you only need a pissed off electorate to dump her the way the Beaches dumped Sandra Bussin. If Stintz thinks Ford can win she's playing roulette with her political career for sure.

However... what if Plan B is to throw Ford Nation behind Stintz and she makes RoFo Deputy Mayor?

Yeah, everything speculated about KS is premised on the fact that Boutros is merely a placeholder. He insists he's not. But then neither is Michael Ford, right? Stintz and R. Ford do seem to be pretty palsy-walsy right now, so who knows? Maybe the super-reverso, double-endo is a fever dream possibility. Stintz rode in on a nimby swell and then incumbency carried her on. If she jumps back into the ward she can still use 're-elect'. So who knows?

Stintz should be ashamed of herself. I never thought that much of her at the best of times, but she's really come out of the closet as an opportunistic lightweight in recent weeks, hasn't she? And a particularly feather-brained, empty-headed one, at that. I truly hope she suffers an electoral defeat that's utterly crushing and humiliating come October. At this point, I loathe her almost as much as Ford's freak show...which she's just merrily, recklessly leapt aboard without a second thought. And after all the crap he's pulled against her specifically. Fucking idiot.

As for Il Douche, I gotta keep telling myself Hudak's attempt to run as a Tea Party-style extremist went down in flames, and I simply can't believe the Ford Brothers' Travelling Circus & Tabloid Reality Show will fare any better. Especially after people know what they'd be getting this time. And yet, and yet...It was a split vote and unappealing rival candidates that allowed Mayor Assclown to slither into City Hall 4 years ago, and history appears to be repeating itself in that vein.

"Camping? You wait till we get this thing outta da park and onto private property, then we’ll show you camping!"

As in, just wait until we get to you Guantanamo Bay, they we’ll show you “interviewing a suspectâ€.

Well Rob winked at the camera, and Doug smiled his eat-sh!t smile. I still can’t imagine any of the other candidates or their CMs saying a similar thing.

Imagine Olivia at such a culinary event as FordFest -- “Chow Down With Olivia†perhaps – “you wanna see campaigning, just wait till ...†No?

How about “Soks for Mayor!†Free neon socks to the first 1000 people! Wear ‘em with your summer sandals and make them the most political footwear ever! Just wait til we get this thing into October when the weather’s colder, it’ll be neon 80s-style leg warmers for everybody!

Still no? I thought so.

LeeAnne ‏@leeeee34 5m
I am very sorry for the last tweet. Was not me.
I am currently getting help at a special place in Ontario.

Uh oh. WTF did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back