News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hypocrisy is staggering.

The one that really, really, really got to me was Ford showing up last week to open the Reading Sprouts Garden after SPECIFICALLY voting against it.

Here's Mayor Hypocrite lone voting against it (known then as 77 Whitbread):
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2012.EX19.8

Here's Mayor Hypocrite cutting the ribbon:
View attachment 30547
https://twitter.com/TOMayorFord/status/493041622209142784

Yep. What's frustrating as well, no one will confront him because it is pretty difficult when he shows up in person. Most people still have a basic sense of...decency and politeness perhaps. Or they don't want to risk a confrontation, quite understandable. Ford on the other hand, pun intended, can be quite brazen.

Even if someone says you know Mayor Ford, we don't know why you've shown up here, since the record shows you've voted against keeping\opening this facility. *Plays victim card in front of camera* "Eh...it's ok, these people can protest...it's how democracy works..you know it's very sad, my heart bleeds for X, and I return every phone call and I'm all about customer service, and no one has done more for X than Rob Ford..." *sticks a fridge magnet on a book*

Looks more like Robbie is being sworn in for something.

I think it goes without saying that Rob Ford's return to the church circuit is as hypocritical as the rest of his campaign.

He looks no more engaged in this photo:

attachment.php

Than he does in this one:

b-robford-110613.jpg

That must be his "I do what I have to do" face.

Attachments

• b-robford-110613.jpg
    b-robford-110613.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 970
He's on Twitter and still seems to be sort of in character ('YESYESYES!'). I always found him kind of annoying on transit, but I recognize that he can't entirely help himself. I just hope he doesn't endorse Ford.

Just to note; I was wrong about the custody case. It was his daughter, and not his son. Anyhow …

There are at least two Zanta accounts (@mayorzanta and @torontozanta), and I don't think either is *actually* him.

Honestly, despite peoples' fond memories of him, he was not all there and Zanta was his manic personality. In addition to being Bi-Polar, he's been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I had an ex whose schizophrenia appeared in her early 20s. Of the mental disorders you can have, schizophrenia is the one you don't want. It destroys families, friendships and lives in the blink of an eye, and is so damn hard to treat.

Funny enough, there's a bit of a corollary here with Rob Ford. We've got two individuals who attract a lot of attention, but whose personalities the average public know little. People cheer for him, and want to take their picture with him, but never really understand that what they're doing, and the way the personalities are relishing it, is detrimental to that person's well being in the long run.

Long after Ford's been run out of office, I half expect the then 30+ year old versions of today's teenagers to look back nostalgically and say "It'd be awesome if he made a comeback!" as former-suburban-teenage GenXers now do, ignoring (as nostalgia is prone to) the bad that came along with the shallow fame.

Honestly, Zancai shouldn't don the cap again. Those wishing he would ignore (or don't know about) the serious mental illness the man has to deal with for a sad attempt to relive a scene from their past.

ETA: Looks like I'm wrong. @torontozanta IS him, and he's attempting to make a "comeback". I don't think it'll end well, in the long run.

Last edited:
Jennifer Pagliaro tweeted that she hadn't seen Ford at city hall today and that there was no word from his spokesperson. Rfmg tweeted that he was there. These clowns that work for Ford won't give out the most basic info but I'm glad she tweets everything out so people can see what's going on.

I was thinking, someday either Jacobs, Graeme, Massoudi or Towhey will write a tell-all about the Ford years. You have to figure someone will do it.

I think it goes without saying that Rob Ford's return to the church circuit is as hypocritical as the rest of his campaign.

He looks no more engaged in this photo:

attachment.php

"I'm so hungover....ugh need a bit of the hair of the dog..when will the wine be served, someone told me there'd be wine."

Than he does in this one:

View attachment 30549

That must be his "I do what I have to do" face.

"Randy has a hat like that...is he a cowboy?...that's a funny beard...I hope this Apple doesn't have a camera.."

"I'm so hungover....ugh need a bit of the hair of the dog..when will the wine be served, someone told me there'd be wine."

"Randy has a hat like that...is he a cowboy?...that's a funny beard...I hope this Apple doesn't have a camera.."

ROFL that's awesome

Of the mental disorders you can have, schizophrenia is the one you don't want.

On the other hand, schizophrenia beats dining alone.

( Sorry, bad joke. )

I was thinking, someday either Jacobs, Graeme, Massoudi or Towhey will write a tell-all about the Ford years. You have to figure someone will do it.

I figure the final chapter will be written by the women.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.11.59 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.11.44 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.15 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.13.40 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.59 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.13.15 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.33 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.11.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.11.59 PM.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 802
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.11.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.11.44 PM.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 789
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.15 PM.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 810
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.13.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.13.40 PM.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 817
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.59 PM.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 790
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.13.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.13.15 PM.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 782
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 2.12.33 PM.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 808
Zanta is mentally ill. That's not a slur, but admitted, recorded fact. He's done interviews mentioning his severe manic-depression exacerbated by his divorce and loss of custody of his son is part of what triggered the Zanta character. He's now living with his mother, taking his meds and not frantically doing push-ups in front of tourists.

If Zanta were a 65 year old, 350lb man, his actions long ago would have earned him a "nutjob" label and far less nostalgic sentiment. As with Shirtless Joe, the only reason people took him more seriously is due to his physique. It's a sad statement on what we value as a society; that "attractive" people earn more respect, admiration and credibility for simply being pretty.

He actually used to live in the building across from me 8-or-so years ago, and a friend of mine (who worked at CAMH) knew his ex, so I knew the whole story even back then. Pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back